Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:28 AM

Author Topic: Why is TUS using the NNN scheme for Intermediate?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Lupastic

Why is TUS using the NNN scheme for Intermediate?
« on: January 12, 2022, 12:30 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-10/

The scheme was uploaded by Rafka and my question is, why are we using this and is this required to use in a bo3 allround match? An OG intermediate scheme should have falling crates, dud mines, and cluster and mortar being not nerfed. Others would call this "luck-based" but this is how the scheme was originally meant to be. (If you can't hide your worm properly for example, you should get a cluster bomb penalty for it ^.-)

Offline Lupastic

Re: Why is TUS using the NNN scheme for Intermediate?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 12:30 PM »
And if it is allowed to use a different normal scheme, which one would it be?

Online vesuvio

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 04:29 PM »
i think NNN luckless scheme is pretty cool  :-* :-\

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 07:44 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-10/

The scheme was uploaded by Rafka and my question is, why are we using this and is this required to use in a bo3 allround match? An OG intermediate scheme should have falling crates, dud mines, and cluster and mortar being not nerfed. Others would call this "luck-based" but this is how the scheme was originally meant to be. (If you can't hide your worm properly for example, you should get a cluster bomb penalty for it ^.-)

https://media2.giphy.com/media/NUZ5OqHdbknHa/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47evk5aqqn3nolwgl7tdg1f99fc9jxmr48lkki8xzb&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 08:48 PM »
With 2-powered cluster, although you don't have to give as much thought to hiding on steep slopes, you have to be more creative in finding kills overall, because you can't rely on easy cluster kills/suis in tight situations.

Also the ability to stand on steep slopes without worrying about cluster opens up more hide possibilities, e.g. ways to evade cows. It feels like you're too restricted in where you can hide when cluster can potentially one-hit kill you. I'd say having more feasible hides to think about adds to the skill of the game.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 06:53 PM »
something something rng?

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 01:52 AM »
For me the Cluster f@#! is so satisfying with normal power... I agree that it can be abusive and I respect NNN / CWT - Crespo's scheme, but I always felt that it is frustrating not punishing a worm enough for being bad positioned, the Kamikaze sink hole trick, the Dragon Ball trick, the minigun/uzi launching a worm to the water trick and the inside shot arrow trick are allowed, so the position is not good anyway. For me 2-star cluster is not as guaranteed and worthy as shotgun is (infinite and abusive), so this makes the scheme not so much the way I like playing.

I never liked the slow water rising in caves when you can set a better rising using external scheme editors. I don't like the sudden death causing worms to have only 1HP too, but that's a characteristic of the scheme and my personal opinion (many people like 1HP SD). I think 5 ropes is too much, but that's part of the scheme as well.

EDIT: I would prefer playing with x1 3-star cluster than x3 or infinite 2-star cluster. I feel the same for mortar trick
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:18 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'