Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:35 PM

Author Topic: Arrange the playoffs (IMPORTANT! There will be deadlines!)  (Read 17502 times)

Offline SPW

Re: Arrange the playoffs (IMPORTANT! There will be deadlines!)
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2010, 09:32 AM »
Congrats CKC :)

Offline lalo

« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2010, 05:49 PM »
I just wanted to point out that situation, I don't want the game to be void or sth. In my mind almog's cow was crucial but nvm I still congratulate CKC, we had a nice PO  ::)

Offline Lukz

« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2010, 01:58 AM »
I haven't seen madden yet  >:

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2010, 11:38 AM »
This was a no show by Madden and Dibz i think... Will have to comfirm with MI or a log of ag.

Potentially free wins to Artic and Diana

Offline avirex

« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2010, 02:04 PM »
Dibz has been inactive since... pretty much his birthday i think? lol... not seen him on forums/msn/ or AG...   

hope nothing bad happened :X

« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2010, 01:34 PM »
Updated the first post (bit late, but better late than never, right?) - now including DoH's demise (cheers, SPW!)
The Free league has entered a new playoff as well and one game has already been played :)

Next saturday: CF vs DoH and mm vs cFc
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:44 PM by DarkOne »

Offline SPW

« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2010, 01:35 PM »
DoH vs CF (semifinals): day: November 20th time: 7 PM GMT

since doH is dead we cant play that, so please update first page :)

maybe other playoffs vs doH are involved too.

EDIT: What a fkn timing, almost same time posted as d1 haha  :D

« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2010, 01:28 AM »
Late again with updating ;D

The first post is now displaying the current playoff games that need to be played, though I haven't added the playoffs from season 16.

The reason for this is simple: the clan playoffs are almost up to date (only one round from season 15 missing and the first pairing from season 16 has already been played)
The singles playoffs are also almost done.
Dibz has not appeared on 2 dates for playoffs already, so this means he forfeits his remaining playoffs as well. He hasn't been on the site for a little while either.

I'd like to thank you all for playing the games during the days we've set. Considering the rigidity of our proposal, I think we had a pretty high percentage of games that were played.

Now there's also a question of what to do with playoffs from now on. Basically, we stepped in, because the playoff inactivity was getting out of hand and we needed to get back on track. How did you guys experience this? Was it a good thing we stepped in? Were we too aggressive in our approach? Were we not aggressive enough in our approach?
Personally, I think this approach yielded the best results out of the things we've tried, but I wanna know what would best motivate you to step up to the plate and finish playoffs :)
If you do prefer set dates for playoffs, which times would be best suitable when playing someone in your own timezone or when playing someone across the atlantic (and/or beyond).
If you don't like this approach, do you have an alternate suggestion of how to handle this sort of thing in the future?

« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2010, 03:40 AM »
Each playoffs you should make a bunch of separate threads.. like Season 17 Clan Playoffs, Season 17 Singles Playoffs, etc... there is too much trash in the main section of this board, it needs to be filtered somehow.  The dates should be arranged in those respective threads you'd create... tbh, I have seen this thread so many times but I never read it because I thought it was just you yelling at us to get our games done... at least that is my first impression from reading the title... but yeah, I think the only threads this board should have should be threads with the season number followed by the type of league playoff... no more threads about individual complaints about someone not playing their games... put those somewhere else... needs to be organized better
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 03:42 AM by ShyGuy »
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Random00

« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2010, 10:45 AM »
I agree with Shyguy. I also think that it might be useful to set a deadline of 2 weeks where people have the chance to arrange their games.
The ones who were not able to play their games until then, should get a specific date like it was with some of the previous playoffs.
It also could help to have bans for the next playoffs if you dont try to arrange a date AND dont show up at the date that is set by the mods.
Its just important that the time between the end of the season and the playoffs gets shorter. Too many players got inactive after reaching the playoffs which gives too much freewins ;/

« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Including this? :o

tbh, I have seen this thread so many times but I never read it because I thought it was just you yelling at us to get our games done...

You're making it sound like I was being an asshole with these playoffs and I hope I wasn't being one.
Frankly, I don't like that we have to do this sort of thing; playoffs are there for the players (same with cups, really) and this sort of thing shifts the responsibility of getting things done over to the mods rather than the players that are actually involved.
That said, I'll post up some playoff threads

Offline Random00

« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2010, 12:02 PM »
Nah, I wanted to say that you were doing really good with opening this thread and setting strict deadlines. And of course, I also was reading this thread a lot ;d
Next time I should quote the part that I refer to  ;D

The problem with the playoffs is that people dont care enough about it. So you either need deadlines or a better motivation to arrange dates by yourself. I'd definetly prefer the second choice ;d
And last but not least: PLAYOFFS NEED MORE ATTENTION. I want to go on tus site and directly see who won the last Playoffs in BIG letters and it would be nice to have information about all upcming PO games (in all seasons) and updates when these games are played, so you can watch the replays :)
I mean, if you just measure playing tus games in being succesful, its the greatest thing to win the playoffs. But all you get is some image in your profile a few days after you made it. I think that people would love winning playoffs more when you get a news about it on the forums.

« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2010, 05:10 PM »

tbh, I have seen this thread so many times but I never read it because I thought it was just you yelling at us to get our games done...

You're making it sound like I was being an asshole with these playoffs and I hope I wasn't being one.

you aren't, I just remember another thread on this board that you made that said like "guys, get these games done!". I just thought this was another type of that because of the way the title of this thread is... "Arrange your games here!" wouldn't have been misleading :p
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2010, 06:35 PM »
D1, I think what you done is totally perfect, as a matter of fact I feel it's something that had to be done, also the PM's that were sent out 1-2 days before the deadlines was an excellent reminder thanks for that :)

I hope you continue to be strict like this.

« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Well, I'll be going on vacation this weekend, so I'm not going to be 8)
There's still other mods here, though, so they can handle the playoffs just as well.
I've opened up separate threads for the currently open playoffs (I'm sure you've noticed). If I don't see anything happen or people are slowing down the playoffs when I get back, I'll get the whip out of its case again :)

Cheers for clearing that up, ShighGigh! And thanks for the feedback :) +1 to the lot of you