Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:29 AM

Author Topic: Free League Singles Playoffs #34  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Lupastic

Re: Free League Singles Playoffs #34
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 03:14 PM »
Eh cant Play tonight either, im sick.

Ok np, we still have more than a week until deadline (:
msg me when ur ready & get well soon

Offline Senator

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 09:28 AM »
Final

Hurz (4) vs ZorroX (2)

Deadline for the final: Sunday 10th October 2021

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 01:18 AM »
Thank you all for these PlayOffs. Thank you in particular, Senator, for managing it  :-[ I really enjoyed all of the games and I'm happy that I got this unique opportunity of being here. I am sure I won't be so lucky next time.

I was just wondering hmm... There are 20 schemes in Free League. Maybe for everybody to enjoy thoroughly all 5 picks we could create a small game. The names of 20 schemes would be copied and pasted into some WA.exe map. The one who is higher in the standings would "cross out" the scheme that he would not want to play (only 1 pick at a time). Then the person lower in the standings "crosses out" his pick next, etc until out of 20 picks only 5 are left, these 5 that are enjoyable for both rivals. Since 15 picks need to be removed, the player higher in the standings crosses out 8 picks, while the one lower only 7. I think that's a fair advantage.

The schemes won't be selected spontaneously. They would all be known beforehand and their selection would be documented via replay file where the rivals just "sit" against each other, and the schemes' names are all hanging high in the sky. The Air-Strike (x8) would be used to "cross out" the schemes' names one after another. Whatever 5 schemes stay, they are final. There would be no coming back. How to determine in what order these 5 schemes are gonna be played? The one who is higher in the standings would select the scheme that would start off the PlayOffs, the one who is lower select 2nd scheme, etc (via chatbox inside of the replay).

The way it is right now (3x picks vs 2x picks), makes a really large advantage.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 01:43 AM by ZorroX »

Offline Senator

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 04:23 PM »
Final

Hurz (4) vs ZorroX (2) 2:3

Congrats, ZorroX!

Offline Senator

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2021, 04:59 PM »
Scheme veto is an interesting idea but the problem is that some schemes are more luck based than others. Some schemes such as TTRR would always get banned by the underdog because they are 100% skill.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 05:21 PM by Senator »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2021, 06:09 PM »
An idea i've been discussing with a few folks who seem to agree, even ZorroX thought it was a good idea.

If the score comes to 2:2, make the last pick mutual, or, make the first pick mutual and the winner gets to pick the 2nd scheme, and then they rotate turns until it's won.

TFL should perhaps be Bo7 or more since the variety of schemes is so much more vast.

As Gabriel said recently, all you need is to master 3 schemes and you could destroy TFL. For example by picking Darts, Forts, Golf alone, since i've never played TFL much and the activity is low i'm very confident i'd have at least a 50% win ratio and enough games played to reach the Playoffs, if I was active enough the other 5+ schemes i'm pretty good at and if I manipulated my picks well enough I could probably achieve 1st place in a Season, then just pick those 3 schemes which reflect my BnG skills and the fact the only other person who really plays Darts well being Hurz.

There are several players around who could achieve the same thing with relative ease. The point is, whoever gets 1st pick is highly likely to win

When I was watching ZorroX Vs Hurz in the final and the score was 2:2 knowing ZorroX was picking Mole Shopper, I left as watching ZorroX slaughter someone who doesn't even enjoy the scheme isn't very enjoyable as the ultimate climate of a Season.

Absolutely not having a go at ZorroX for picking Mole Shopper, though can you see the point about it being an absolute letdown as a fan of spectating competitive Leagues and enjoying the big events? It was like listening to a dance song with a long buildup and disappointing drop:

I thought it was fun watching ZorroX Vs danie in Mole Shopper because at least they both enjoy it and it could go either way.

TFL is awesome, fixing Playoffs to be more balanced would be a great move instead of being pretty much whoever is highest ranked in the Season and has mastered 3 schemes.

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2021, 06:36 PM »
In the Allround League, 5 out of 11 schemes are played and 6 schemes remain unplayed. Then 9 games out of 19 should be played in TFL and 10 unplayed schemes remain.

In short, I'm for bo9 for the TFL playoffs.  It may seem like a long time, but it is fair.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 06:40 PM by SIBASA »

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2021, 07:16 PM »
*Nevermind*
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 10:40 PM by ZorroX »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2021, 07:48 PM »
Absolutely not having a go at ZorroX for picking Mole Shopper, though can you see the point about it being an absolute letdown

and somehow Hurz starting off with Kaos (that he has been playing for literally the eternity) wasn't a letdown? I have never won a single Kaos match and I dreaded to see it picked (+ of course bo5) but I had respect for Hurz's passion for this scheme. Mole wouldn't even happen, if Hurz won Battle Race (he had a vast lead there) or simply Forts. I chose Mole Shopper as the very last one because I was afraid you would be whining about it, and yet you are still whining about it. Whining that I picked the only scheme that I feel comfortable in, as the very last... As always Komito, double standards. You are biased as hell.

You are absolutely correct ZorroX, I am talking about in general that watching a Grand-Final where each game is pretty much a one sided slaughter is not very fun. It is not double standards when I comment only on the games that were watched, I just didn't watch those first matches so couldn't comment on them. I apologize for not being specific enough.

You picking Mole Shopper is not the letdown, it's watching one-sided slaughter matches that is a letdown, when it supposed to be an epic finale of the season! Do you understand? I said it was nice to watch you Vs danie because it was equal.

The Darts game was a slaughter too, and wouldn't have watched that either except Hurz asked me to host it for you guys.

Also, please note that i'm not complaining you picked Mole Shopper, I enjoy watching this scheme when 2 great players are facing off.

Edit - Also, and this is very important, spectators are far less important than the players, you shouldn't care about who is watching, you play whatever you feel comfortable with!  :)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 07:51 PM by Komito »

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2021, 09:48 PM »
I played some free league seasons myself (years ago hehe), and I agree completely with ZorroX,, free league is unbalanced, mostly because:

- There are TOO MANY schemes in it (man, what the hell is elemental?)
- Some of those schemes were added because of a burst of activity, then those players were never to be seen again.
- People can master 3 schemes and win a league season (especially if there are not a lot of players).
- With this, a person almost automatically wins if they get to pick first.

There is almost 100% chance any person is a rookie in at least 3 of the free league schemes; and if you want to improve at a certain scheme, you have to find someone that plays the scheme too, which is a hard task by itself lmao.

Scheme elimination sounds fine to me.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2021, 11:39 PM »
Congratulations on your victory, ZorroX! ;D

PS: about this little frustration in the picks I did not understand. Hurz chose a scheme that he is pro (kaos) and ZorroX chose a scheme that he is pro (mole), right!? So everything is fine.
But I understand the frustration of those who don't want to see a massacre but a more disputed match. I don't like that aspect of the PO very much. Maybe players could agree not to choose schemes where the skill gap is huge. But Hurz picked a scheme in which he is pro so ZorroX did the same in his pick.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 07:19 AM by Albus »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2021, 11:51 PM »
thing is it all went kinda crazy here. zalo said to me b4 we played pos that he would pick mole for sure. so, after i lost the battlerace i picked kaos, not knowing his kaos skills, but, since kaos is a scheme with quite much luck involved - ofc im pretty experienced in scheme, still, crates and placements mean a lot there - and knowing hes a skilled player i thought it would be SORT of fair, having in mind to lose a round for sure in mole.
as he pointed out, if i did better in forts (what i felt, was a killer pick vs me aswell, nvm that tho, pick is pick) or battlerace, where i just messed up a stuck part in a wierd way haha, it wouldnt have come to mole that far anyway. i picked darts after lose forts for sort of sure win, yes. but i never expect a "slaughter" there, it wasnt one in darts imo since i sucked a lot, and i didnt feel waaaay onesided losing that molematch either.
zalo tried to be fair but looked a bit too much to whos lookin i think

Offline Hurz

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2021, 11:59 PM »
when saying you tried to be fair i dont mean you behaved unfair btw, all fine.

actually i didnt plan to pick kaos or darts since i thought i couldnt pick same schemes i picked vs lupastic. there i only picked my "strongest" schemes cuz he picked wascar first to annoy me :D but as said, after lost battlerace i was sure you would pick mole next so i said lez kaos, so its not a 0:3 ;)

i think i sorta like the erase schemes idea.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2021, 01:13 AM »
actually i didnt plan to pick kaos or darts since i thought i couldnt pick same schemes i picked vs lupastic. there i only picked my "strongest" schemes cuz he picked wascar first to annoy me :D but as said, after lost battlerace i was sure you would pick mole next so i said lez kaos, so its not a 0:3 ;)
sorry for the wascar gag, maybe I can promise it will never happen again..? :-* :D (at least not against you, ofc :P)

I think it's no problem if someone slaughters someone in a scheme. If you like the game, and enjoy spending time on it, learn the other schemes. For me, I would have no problem to lose in mole shoppers (or in darts, against experienced veteran players, who knows all maps basically), if in exchange I can defeat someone in wascar ;) I still enjoy mole shoppa and darts too. This is how the system works, I think it's fine like this. If you're not so good in something, improve ^^

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2021, 02:28 AM »
I think that the idea of erasing schemes in turn is not ideal, because the players analyze each other before the game and, first of all, the players will exclude schemes in which their opponent is clearly strong, so some mediocre nonsense will remain in the list, and not something that pleases both players.
I propose to modernize this idea: Before starting to erase schemes one by one - the players choose one scheme that cannot be deleted, and then erase the unwanted schemes. This will keep both players interested in the upcoming games.

But still it is not correct to deprive players of the game in the schemes they want, so I also adhere to the idea of simply increasing the number of games, for example, BO9 will be optimal if we take into account the number of schemes in TFL.