Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:10 AM

Author Topic: Free League Singles Playoffs #34  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Zalo the moler

Re: Free League Singles Playoffs #34
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2021, 03:17 AM »
Before starting to erase schemes one by one - the players choose one scheme that cannot be deleted

That would be actually ideal for me  ;D ;D

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2021, 06:08 AM »
I think that the idea of erasing schemes in turn is not ideal, because the players analyze each other before the game and, first of all, the players will exclude schemes in which their opponent is clearly strong, so some mediocre nonsense will remain in the list, and not something that pleases both players.
I propose to modernize this idea: Before starting to erase schemes one by one - the players choose one scheme that cannot be deleted, and then erase the unwanted schemes. This will keep both players interested in the upcoming games.

But still it is not correct to deprive players of the game in the schemes they want, so I also adhere to the idea of simply increasing the number of games, for example, BO9 will be optimal if we take into account the number of schemes in TFL.

I think we should reduce the amount of schemes in Free League before trying any of these changes. There are so many schemes in Free League right now that you can hardly be bothered to master (or learn at least) all of them, and there is almost no incentive for a person to play the league if your opponent can just pick a scheme you have never seen in your life. I don't even know, for example, if Pro is in Free League anymore, or if Big RR is in Classic or Free; heck, people can't even remember Holy War rules anymore.

Right now, there are 19 schemes in Free League. What about we reduce it to 12? Then, each person would be able to ban 2 schemes, you'd have a pool of 8 schemes. We should open a poll, maybe? So these schemes are decided by activity and not niche pickers.

(Also, completely off topic, what about opening a poll to remove donkeys in T17?)
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2021, 03:57 PM »
Yes, create a poll in the League General section, I think there are already many options for discussion.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2021, 04:10 PM »
You didn't want a poll vote at the Kaos tus scheme Siba, you just simply made the creator of that tus kaos scheme go there and make it clear that every match should be bo5 (cuz that's what you prefer) :P why are you making seem like a poll would be necessary here this time ;) :D :D This is how the system has always been like.

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2021, 04:43 PM »
You didn't want a poll vote at the Kaos tus scheme Siba, you just simply made the creator of that tus kaos scheme go there and make it clear that every match should be bo5 (cuz that's what you prefer) :P why are you making seem like a poll would be necessary here this time ;) :D :D This is how the system has always been like.
Kaos originally and always was bo5 and I did not force anyone, I just asked the creator of the scheme to express my opinion and it confirmed my words, like most other people who can read and watch the scheme settings before playing.

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2021, 08:51 AM »
Oh nice. I didn't know that there is such thing as free league singles playoffs. Most of the tournaments that I know will require you to pay fees. Some are even too expensive join. Anyway, are there any other tournaments similar to this one?

All the tournaments on our humble website are "for free"  :-* (both Free League, Classic League, and Team17 league). "Free" in the name of the league refers more to a something like "Freestyle", rather than to paying anything.

In past, there used to be also Worm Olympics (ended in 2016 sadly)
http://wormolympics.com