Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:08 PM

Author Topic: TRL: Team17 Playoffs #30  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Senator

TRL: Team17 Playoffs #30
« on: May 12, 2022, 05:54 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/TRL-playoffs/?s=30

Semifinals

(1) GonZaLO vs (4) Chicken23 0:4
(2) KoreanRedDragon vs (3) Zwitter 0:4

Final

(4) Chicken23 vs (3) Zwitter 4:0

Final deadline: Sunday 10th June 2022

PO series are best of 5. If both players are not in agreement with the type of terrain to select, the default is island-island-cave-cave-(…).

Use this thread to schedule your match. You can ask for more time if needed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 07:50 PM by Senator »

Offline Zalo the moler

Re: TRL: Team17 Playoffs #30
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 05:03 AM »
I'm ready to play any time. If it's okay, I would like to host my games since I have never experienced any disconnections whenever I was the host. Danie and anybody for whom I hosted, can confirm that.

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-231508/

Here you can see that I fought ChickenCKC in TRL POs last time and we didn't drop a single time in all 6 games that we had, because I was the host.

I would be ready to fight tomorrow starting from 1:30 pm GMT.

EDIT: Senator just agreed
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 02:56 PM by GonZaLO »

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 11:01 AM »
such is life of having chickens as enemies... (-___-)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 11:12 AM by GonZaLO »

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 06:44 PM »
Usually, if my opponent and I have a dispute related to the Internet connection, then I resort to creating a game through HostingBuddy, or I ask a third person to host the game.

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 05:39 AM »
We already played POs last time with ChickenCKC last season, back when I hosted and we successfully played all 6 rounds without a single disconnection.

HostingBuddy dropped in my game with Lupastic recently (and 30 other players popped up on AnythingGoes all at once when this happened). I don't mind Chicken generating his 10 maps and sending them to my game's folder.

It's just that it's sad what happened to the players in this community. So many self-righteous male karens, afraid to actually play a proper match. All those insecure people demanding to be given a free win, as if they were on some sort of social benefit.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 01:08 PM »
Zalo

I've not been that active recently as lots of things going on in real life. I should have time to play soon.

Regarding drops. I would not agree to voiding the match if you dropped and and i was in a clear winnable position. If you dropped and I felt I was in a situation with a bigger enough advantage that showed I would win, then I'd opt for a win and report it and you have the right to complain and the mods of the league would review and decide if they agreed with my perception of it being a 'blow out' situation... this is the same for every league and rule for years in WA when handling lag outs.

If i was winning and I dropped, I wouldn't report a win as it was my fault for the connection drop. This is pretty much in my opinion how those who are good sports handle lag outs. My opponent may offer to give me the win if they felt they had lost the game and had no chance and I would accept.

Should be able to play sometime this week.

regarding the hosting, i can host, or you and I can send you some maps if you prefer. I believe in the standings you were seeded higher than me so in my opinion you would have hosted first and have 'first pick' on map of finding something we both kinda like but have that slight little bit more control.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 10:24 PM »
@monkeyisland and @senator

did I report my PO matches vs Zalo wrong? Should I report each win but I put them all together in 1 of 4-0.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 03:52 AM »
PO games doesn't affect points. So doesn't matter if they are reported together or separately BUT reporting separately has a little more benefits. Matches can be commented individually and we can see which matches you won and which matches your opponent did.

If you want you can report separately and I'll fix the first game by removing the extra replays. Otherwise it's all fine you don't need to do anything.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 04:16 PM »
Hey Zwitter, sorry I was too busy with other shit to agree to play our match when you first asked about it (weeks ago). I'm much more available these days, and I know you have other things going on as well and can't plan ahead very far in advance, so just let me know a couple of days beforehand what date/time would work for you and I'll try and fit my schedule around that.

I'm in the GMT+2 timezone now during summer, so it's 18:16 at the time of me posting this message. Usually I prefer to play during late afternoons and evenings, but I can handle late at night or a bit earlier in the day too, if that's better for you. I'll be checking my WormNet private messages daily, so message me there when you can! I'll hopefully remember to check this thread too, though.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 08:06 PM »
PO games doesn't affect points. So doesn't matter if they are reported together or separately BUT reporting separately has a little more benefits. Matches can be commented individually and we can see which matches you won and which matches your opponent did.

If you want you can report separately and I'll fix the first game by removing the extra replays. Otherwise it's all fine you don't need to do anything.

I'd like to report each round as a separate game if that's ok MI? It looks good for my 8-0 streak so far and also for people commenting on each round

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 08:23 PM »

I'd like to report each round as a separate game if that's ok MI? It looks good for my 8-0 streak so far and also for people commenting on each round

except that was 1 match, not 4. TRL POs don't add up to the TTL streak either, those are separate leagues. Congrats anyway.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 08:27 PM by GonZaLO »

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2022, 03:57 PM »
I'll be able to play in like 5-7 days

Got it, talk to you then!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 08:07 PM »
Hi Zwitter

Would a wednesday or thursday work for you as this is mid week? I know weekends are harder for you.

8pm BST is good for me, is this ok for you or too late in Russia?

The WA streamers (Komodo, KRD and Mablak) are interested in streaming and commentating on the match so whenever we agree a date and time we need to let them know.