Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:12 AM

Author Topic: How to make a map?  (Read 811 times)

Offline Anob

How to make a map?
« on: November 05, 2021, 01:36 PM »
I've been trying to make a map, but I have no idea how to make one. I've gotten to the part where the format has to be 1920 x 696, but that's as far as I got to watching the YouTube video by beltmanana. Is there any proper guide as to how a map is made?

Offline Korydex

Re: How to make a map?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 02:17 PM »

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 03:48 PM »
Basically, you need maps with dimensions divisible by 8. Also, the map must not have too little terrain. Try reducing the palette colors using gimp or photoshop to 113/112 for optimal graphics or 64 colors to allow the appearence of the background effects.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 05:27 PM »
To get started, you need the following set:

- pencil, pen, marker, piece of charcoal or feces
- a piece of paper, a poster or bark from a tree. Can be tried on animal or human skin
- navigate the terrain and, at least in general terms, know the place where you want to bury your treasure

Further, it is not difficult - just find a landmark that will not disappear anywhere, measure out a certain number of steps in steps and dig a hole. Then put your treasure there and bury the hole. I do not recommend doing this in a place where it will be clearly visible what you have buried. Sandy area or something is ideal :)

Then look around and try to sketch the area in detail on the map, so that only you can understand. That's it, the map is ready, the treasure is safely hidden.

And now is the time to lose your map :D

Offline Anob

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 09:18 AM »
Thank you for the help! I'll try making some maps, these c$v!d days are very boring.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 12:44 PM »
Thank you for the help! I'll try making some maps, these c$v!d days are very boring.

the covid days and the start of it was the reason I came back and playing WA as well. good luck with your maps : ] make some new jetpack race maps, and Bow and Arrows maps please P:

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 11:30 AM »
You can use this basic tutorial from shadowman for PS:

Hope it helps for getting started.
Peace.