Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:30 AM

Poll

Some schemes require specially-design maps and some of these are harder or more complex to make maps than others. Regarding Shopper and its variations maps, which one do you think requires more effort to make a good map (the one that you think requires mo

Shopper
0 (0%)
Pod Shopper
0 (0%)
Chamber Shopper
1 (25%)
Fly Shopper
2 (50%)
WxW Shopper
1 (25%)
Surf Shopper
0 (0%)
AFA Shopper
0 (0%)
Drive-by Shopper
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: October 13, 2021, 01:51 PM

Author Topic: Which Shopper type is more difficult to make a map (regarding testings, etc)?  (Read 358 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Which kind of Shopper map do you think takes more effort by a map maker to test and see if gameplay is good on that map?

If you don't know the maps of each Shopper variation, I'm adding links from WKB with the variation descriptions for you to know (please check the example maps available on the game setup template at the right side):

By the way, I'm considering only the maps that I think that are real variations (and that have special different map designs) from the original Shopper scheme which is played using the rope on indestructible specially-designed maps. This means that Ropes n' Crates is not a Shopper variation for me, neither Chute Shopper, nor Bungee Shopper.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 02:01 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lupastic

I think Fly Shopper. If the map is well made and detailed.

https://worms2d.info/Tube_Trap

Isn't this also a Shopper variation, Foxy? If so, I'm pretty sure this is by far the most difficult shopper variation scheme to create a map for. Only 4-5 maps have ever been made for this scheme, that says it all :) And of course noone really plays Tube Trap Shopper unfortunately :D

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Tube trap is very similar to Shopper, maybe more than Ropes n' Crates, not sure. Not sure if it can be considered a Shopper variation, because it has Sudden Death, rules are a bit different and the scheme settings are a bit different. The same question can be done to Rope on Ice, Sally Shopper and other Shopper variations available on Scheme ideas page. I focused on the variations available on Shopper article which are more known and "officially" recognised.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'