Forums
April 16, 2024, 12:42 PM

Author Topic: Mission 1 - Pumpkin Problems  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Mablak

Mission 1 - Pumpkin Problems
« on: March 27, 2017, 10:35 AM »
So there are really a number of ways to approach this one depending on your rope skill, I have 4 routes here.

The easiest method is extending all the way; you can get this basically every time. And actually, it's pretty reasonable, tends to clock in around 28 seconds (of turn time). I think it's about as efficient as the fling then extend method.

The medium difficulty one is the fling and then mexi, which is just slightly faster. I think with practice it's highly possible to get this around half the time.

The hardest is the Big Mexi; it basically saves a good 5-6 seconds, but can only be done, say 5-10% of the time, being optimistic. If someone is live streaming and doing a bunch of runs, this may not be worth attempting, but it's probably gotta be part of a solid World Record. Also, since it's the first mission, the speed run can easily be restarted until someone nabs it (unless we're including training first).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 12:10 PM by Mablak »

Offline XanKriegor

Re: Mission 1 - Pumpkin Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 12:10 PM »
Big Mexi

Offline spleen17

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 01:53 PM »
There is no acceptable method other than big mexi.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 02:19 PM »
There is no acceptable method other than big mexi.

Unless there are people who want to get FW quickly and don't want to use FWUnlocker or TeamED

Offline Lex

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 05:35 PM »
The big mexi is not consistent enough for a full run if basic training is done, which is the current category on speedrun.com.  Mablak may do his run without basic training, but I know mpu and Pichi are both doing their runs with it.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 05:23 PM »
Backup Strategy

Before you start, hold F8, Space, and Left
Player Turn 1 - Bounce off the hole between two pumpkins and mines to land to the wall where the barrel is, go around it, grab the crate, shoot Artillery with a shotgun (they should blow up all three mines to give you a faster path), then walk up to the crate without shooting the 2nd shot