Forums
April 24, 2024, 11:25 PM

Author Topic: Mission 16 - Trouble on Mount Wormore  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Mablak

Mission 16 - Trouble on Mount Wormore
« on: April 11, 2017, 05:27 AM »
Turn 1: This mission is a simple fling and kami. You need to do a quick hand motion to start off, since you want your arrow hand free the moment you get the rope crate. I'm pressing tab/enter quickly to switch worms and jump, then putting my left hand on f8 and space to select/shoot rope, keeping my right hand free. The fling just needs to be done with an angle and a bit less than full power. And you could always rope across slowly if you had a really good run going.

The kami spot is easy to judge by eye, but for precision, it's on top of the wooden sign, about where your worm touches the last step as you're walking left to right (if you imagine the top of the sign as a series of pixel steps).

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Mission 16 - Trouble on Mount Wormore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 03:45 PM »
What about rebinding keys?

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 04:16 PM »
I guess world records is what to be set cleanly.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:55 PM »
What "cleanly"? He already does:
notching
skipwalking
manipulating AI into doing dumb stuff
restarting missions multiple times just for extra weapons
, with each of these tricks having cheat-tier effects. That's not what I'd call clean or whatever. Remapping a few keys into comfortable positions would definitely be the smallest thing out of those ones mentioned.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Mablak

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 08:38 PM »
Right, the standard assumption with speed runs is that glitches/bugs are fine. Although notching isn't even a glitch, just knowing your exact angle looking at the worm sprites. AI manipulation also isn't using any bugs, since all I'm ever doing is standing in the right spot. Skip walking normally is though. And yeah, remapping keys should be fair game, haven't found any need to do this yet. I believe the restriction would be one key per input, and of course no macros or multiple presses for single buttons.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 09:10 PM »
And yeah, remapping keys should be fair game, haven't found any need to do this yet. I believe the restriction would be one key per input, and of course no macros or multiple presses for single buttons.

wkBindKeys forces that

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 07:37 PM »
are u sure it is mount wormore and not mount weather?

Offline Csongi

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 05:57 PM »
are u sure it is mount wormore and not mount weather?

The 100 worms!!
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Mount Wormore, eh? I and my friend Digital are constructing a mission concept using:
1. Worms World Party Remastered (engine).
2. WWP Mission Editor (mission code).
3. Worms Map Database (Mount Wormore as mission map).
Interested? Want to submit tactics for missions made by us? You are welcome! But remember, that The Cursed won't get any approval unless they become The Spared (that's my traditional, please, get used to it).
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!