Forums
April 25, 2024, 12:10 AM

Author Topic: Mission 17 - Chateau Assassin  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Mablak

Mission 17 - Chateau Assassin
« on: April 12, 2017, 09:26 AM »
Method Credit: Wyvern, Lex, Deadcode

I'm a bit unsure which route to choose here: the normal route I've developed is about 20 secs slower than the LG route. But to do the LG route, you need to alt f4 to get to the 5th attempt, which takes a little time, and the route isn't 100% certain. I'll go over both methods.

Normal Route

You can't power through the mines, since they'll kill you if you set them off beneath them, and they'll blow you off the chateaus if you're to the left. And there's no handgun for a few turns, so that's out of the question. You also can't really launch a worm by any means either. The only option is to girder efficiently and then bat a mine. Fortunately the AI are just skipping go.

Turn 1: Jump/skip walk as shown to stack your worms and climb up; use air time to select SW. It's good to position the first two worms so the 3rd can just crawl up them. Try to have your hand on f7 to select a girder as you get the crate. It's easiest to position the girder so that you just have to backflip off the oil drum to climb up.

Turn 2: Now to get past the second mine, just select worm and girder again, no need to change the orientation of the girder.

Turn 3: This horizontal girder needs a bit of a good eye to place; just make sure you can jump back over to it. And make sure it's far left enough that it's not blocking the mine you're going to bat. Then jump efficiently as shown to get the crates.

Turn 4: Finally, jump back and get close enough to the mine to bat; there is literally one angle that will work here. I remember it as the sprite change as you're going down, where the crosshair is closest to an upright X. And even though the mine activation seems really close every time, it seems to be 100% successful from what I've seen. Here's a pic of the placements and the angle:

LG Route

First, make sure to alt f4 + space to the 5th attempt.

Turn 1: Same as the normal route, just make a longer girder instead. And try not to block your worm's flight path.

Turn 2: Select the same worm, activate LG, and jump/skip walk to the fire punch crate as shown. Select worm and backflip up to the oil drum. Now get to the right of the oil drum and start nudging yourself left, just stop at the first position where your worm is standing on it. Do a single backspace jump, and try to hit firepunch the moment before you land, as close as you can make it. This will send your worm flying in just the right path to kill the far right worm. I seem to be able to get this quite often, so I'll see how this feels during full runs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:28 AM by Mablak »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17 - Chateau Assassin
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:47 PM »
The LG method is so beautiful. Nice work!