Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:53 PM

Author Topic: Mission 3 - All Quiet in the Library  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Mablak

Mission 3 - All Quiet in the Library
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:25 PM »
So, I think this 3 turn route is about as safe and repeatable as it gets. First off, I'm using alt f4 and space to skip to the 5th try of this mission, where a crate spawns allowing you to get a triple in the first turn. And there doesn't seem to be any other way to get a triple like this.

Turn 1: Grab the 2 crates, then bat the worm to get a triple. To memorize this angle, it's the first sprite change above the 45 degree position, then 1 more notch. My worm ends its turn in a spot making the AI guaranteed to hit my 2 worm pile/walk right.

Turn 2: Just a bat to pile, doesn't have to be totally exact. I tend to walk left on retreat, which I believe makes the AI more likely to pick the right two worms as targets next turn.

Turn 3: Just double damage and airstrike, I've found aiming left best. Now here, it's assumed the AI worm will have walked right. Depending on wind though, it won't do this 100% of the time; at least I'm not sure there's a way to ensure this. I think later I'll include what we might do in this case, though we may have to just say the run is no longer viable if that happens.

Possible Improvements: There may be some way to force the AI right every time, but I'm simply not sure.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:10 AM by Mablak »

Online Triad

Re: Mission 3 - All Quiet in the Library
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 12:15 PM »
If we were to maka a whole mission speedrun, does alt+f4 5 times is still faster than playing without alt+f4?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:18 PM by Triad »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Gotta notice that speedruns are very popular on youtube and twitch. And most of I've seen were games 15-20 years old. Games that I never was interested in, but nevertheless stayed to watch ppl doing mad stuff..

If  there's a way in gathering population to be interested in Worms missions, you should do it Mablak.

Online Triad

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 03:00 PM »
https://www.speedrun.com/Worms_Armageddon

Yeah there's one record and I think Mablak can beat it easily.

I would try but I don't have good enough equipment nor PC to record my entire speedrun.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Turn 1 Baseball

The only point of reference I can read out of this (except for the Mablak's way of referencing sprite changes) is how the hat is perfectly aligned with the health bar

EDIT1: Ok, I think this is inconsistent or I'm just bad, basically, you step on Captain's tail, grab the bat, go all the way up, then you need to get rid of the hat's two pixels that are on the gray border, once you do that, you can hit. Unfortunately, I'm unable to get this consistently, out of 8 attempts, I managed to do the 1st strategy 3 times successfully, as well as overshooting the right-side Grenadier 3 times.

Mablak, I may need you to set up a backup strategy in case overshooting happens
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 06:09 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 06:09 PM »
Attachments part 2