Forums
April 20, 2024, 09:01 AM

Author Topic: Mission 8 - Big Shot  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Mablak

Mission 8 - Big Shot
« on: April 01, 2017, 10:28 AM »
Method Credit: SpideR, zippeurfou

Turn 1: Jump/skipwalk right, and do a backflip to grab the rope crate. Now to jump from shroom to shroom, and try to memorize this position; you're a little ways into the lighter blue area of the shroom. Luckily there's some margin for error on this jump.

Now you're on the purple shroom and need to backflip. Some pros aren't aware of this, but you can make these backflips every single time, by taking just a tiny bit of time to prepare. If you haven't learned about this before, read the Jumping and Pixel Alignment section of Dario's worms guide: http://www.normalnonoobs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3. If you want to see all the images, just click on the download of Dario's normal school in the first post.

Bow the first worm with a straight shot, and make your way to the second. On this worm, it's ideal to aim up a bit, to bounce off the red flower and ensure the kill. You should stand pressed up to the enemy worm here. This will lure the rightside AI into standing near the mine on the frog's head.

Turn 2: Do some deft roping to the right frog, and activate both mines, one at a time. This will kill the right worm every time. Now rope fling left to the final worm. There are 3 viable ways to kill this worm in 1 turn; grab the old lady crate and release it just a little to the left of the apex of the leaf, uzi into the mine, or a 3rd comedy option I've included.

Right now, I'm strongly in favor of the granny route, because you don't have to land from rope, which risks extra time from the right worm's grave animation. Plus you can get this kill every time. Uzi bullets however have some randomness, making the Uzi route a bit of a hassle, it's hard to make work consistently. Uzi can be the fastest route if you land and quickly shoot however, so it's worth considering depending on the amount of risk you crave. One technique is shown in the replay; bump the worm forward a bit at a lower angle, then aim up to get it over the pixels.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:49 AM by Mablak »

Offline Lex

Re: Mission 8 - Big Shot
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 05:32 PM »
Wow, that mine bump into mid-air uzi is amazing.

Offline Mablak

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Thanks Lex; it would actually be a useful method too if it didn't need that setup time, I'll have to pull it out for style points sometime.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:02 PM »
Wow, nice mine route m8. But if you're looking for consistency, then granny is the way to go.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 04:10 PM by TheMadCharles »