Forums
April 24, 2024, 07:46 PM

Author Topic: A remix i'm particulary fond of  (Read 833 times)

Offline TheKomodo

A remix i'm particulary fond of
« on: September 03, 2018, 05:30 AM »
Been sat on this song for half a year now, finally got inspired to finish last night/this morning.

It doesn't follow normal song structure, but then again, when do I ever follow rules   :D

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1/currin-sea-stars-komito-remix

Hope you enjoy <3

Offline sock

Re: A remix i'm particulary fond of
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 03:00 AM »
nice beats

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 03:55 AM »
Solid and skillful, i enjoyed.

Offline Godmax

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 09:39 AM »
Been sat on this song for half a year now, finally got inspired to finish last night/this morning.

It doesn't follow normal song structure, but then again, when do I ever follow rules   :D

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1/currin-sea-stars-komito-remix

Hope you enjoy <3

Thought its a Zalo black running guy remix now its some music or whatever

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 01:04 PM »
not bad , at least I hear some music now, not just boom boom tram tram

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 03:49 PM »
Thanks for the kind words :)

As well as good though, please tell me ANYTHING you think could be improved, I love criticism!

Thought its a Zalo black running guy remix now its some music or whatever

Lol, honestly I thought about making a little remix with that, but Zalo felt like he is being bullied, so I won't go there, my intention is never to hurt someone.

I only enjoy making fun of people if they can handle it.

To be honest, i've still to do sounds and effects for Xrayez game, i've hardly done anything, I need to get my ass on that at some point but i've been lazy with it, been busy with other stuff.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 04:14 PM »
please tell me ANYTHING you think could be improved, I love criticism!

In one of our fights I was kinda cruel towards you when it comes to making music. Won't say that again, cause that was in affect. I would truly be happy if you succeed in following this dream, even tho there's nothing spectacular in making music by sampling some sound effects in a PC program (imho).

Can compare this to twitch streaming. There's millions authors/streamers out there, but only a handful will succeed and make a living out of what they do. Either you need a solid background or just get extremely lucky and get promoted by someone who's pretty famous in mentioned field.

My question would be - how do you plan to achieve that and is this only a hobby or something you'd dedicate your life to?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 04:29 PM »
There is nothing spectacular about anything, unless you actually like that thing.

NOTHING in this universe truly impresses me the way it does other people, because I know how to do anything, I don't understand everything, no one does, but I understand how to understand anything, you just start from the beginning, and learn all the steps, it's just time and dedication, practise and passion, nobody is gonna appreciate anything they don't enjoy, and their chances of getting better at something will dramatically drop if they hate it.

I haven't became successful yet in the industry for several reasons, my heart has never been 100% in it, I have contacts, i've had offers, but I haven't pushed myself, because honestly, I like my freedom and doing whatever I want, sometimes I can go months without making music, that's just me...

I am confident enough in my production/mixing skills, and my creativity to say I am better than so many professionals who are successful right now, but they have a friendly image that people relate to, I don't, and I don't think I ever will.

If I wanted to be successful, I understand entirely how to achieve that, lose weight, make myself attractive again, follow trends, create trends, become a social media slave etc, start writing music that fits modern trends and lifestyles, hire popular singers, collaborate with other popular artists.

It's not hard, it's just not me... My social anxieties and the way I cringe at that stuff, prevent me from doing so.

I will create my own success eventually, in a way that makes ME happy.

I believe in the law of attraction, you have to believe it to achieve it, and I don't believe in success and happiness the same way most other people do.

Edit - I've had interest from Nu Venture records, who have worked with some of the biggest Drum & Bass names such as Rameses B and vocalists like Veela, they personally replied to me saying they like my music, but it doesn't fit their style, my stuff is too minimal and not structured enough to fit proper release requirements, and my tracks are usually impossible to DJ because I don't follow common song structure either.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 04:40 PM »
So it's a hobby. Gottcha.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 12:04 PM »
To be honest, i've still to do sounds and effects for Xrayez game, i've hardly done anything, I need to get my ass on that at some point but i've been lazy with it, been busy with other stuff.

Yeah man, good to see you in production mode!  :D

I'm heading towards Alpha version and I want to make it somewhat stable enough and perhaps prepare it for closed public testing (haven't figured out the deployment scheme yet). That of course requires me to make it attractive asset-wise.