Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:02 AM

Author Topic: Board Games Thread? Board Games Thread!  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Memox

Board Games Thread? Board Games Thread!
« on: May 18, 2021, 09:58 PM »
What's your top 5 of favorite board games? What have you been playing lately? What are you looking forward to play? Any recommendations? Do you even play?!

I'll start:
1. Gloomhaven
2. Escape The Dark Castle
3. Talisman
4. SHOBU
5. Atmosfear / Nightmare

I'm looking forward to play:
Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion, Mage Knight, Too Many Bones, Zombicide, The Omega Virus, One Deck Dungeon, Legacy of Dragonholt, Spirit Island, Space Hulk
\\\ My websites ///

My Worms Armageddon Review (and other blog posts about gaming)
The Autism-O-Meter

My Worms Videos
YouTube playlist

My (other) Reviews Hub
Steam Curator page

Offline Squirminator2k

Re: Board Games Thread? Board Games Thread!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 12:25 AM »
Was always a big fan of HeroQuest - I backed the revival on Hasbro Pulse last year. Very excited to get the set in November, if all goes to schedule.

Offline Memox

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 04:33 PM »
Was always a big fan of HeroQuest - I backed the revival on Hasbro Pulse last year. Very excited to get the set in November, if all goes to schedule.

HeroQuest is great and I'm very thankful for the revival, however (as far as I know) there won't be an adaptation for European users, at least here in Italy. I don't want to give my money to scalpers either, so unfortunately I'll either have to pass or just play it on Tabletop Simulator  :(
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 04:35 PM by Memox »
\\\ My websites ///

The Autism-O-Meter

My Worms Videos
YouTube playlist

My (other) Reviews Hub
Steam Curator page

Offline philie

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 05:55 PM »
i sold my heroquest around 2000 on ebay for like 80 bucks.
bad idea, not only because it's worth much more now, but because i should have just kept it.
my favorite is arkham horror.

Offline Senator

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 06:07 PM »
In no particular order: Puerto Rico, Power Grid, Agricola, 7 Wonders, Age of Empires III

I haven't played any of your top 5, Memox. :D I've played Mage Knight once and it seemed interesting but my friends didn't like it.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 07:41 PM »
board game scheme?

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 08:36 PM »
Cyclades, Dix It, Game of Thrones: Board Game, Caverna, CATAN, 7 Wonders, 7 Wonders Duel, King of Tokyo, Chess, Ticket to Ride, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Zombicide and maybe others that I forgot now. I also enjoyed playing Terra Mystika the only time I played.

I also like the scheme Board Game, specially sbs maps + schemes, Gnork maps + schemes too, and some others I don't remember the nickname.

I like Board Game wormy adaptations too, also called "Table Game" schemes. One of my favourites is Worms Chess by sbs. But there are many, like 4 in a row, 5 in a row, Ludo, Quoridor, etc.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 08:40 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 11:27 PM »

HeroQuest is great and I'm very thankful for the revival, however (as far as I know) there won't be an adaptation for European users, at least here in Italy. I don't want to give my money to scalpers either, so unfortunately I'll either have to pass or just play it on Tabletop Simulator  :(

Zavvi will be selling the set in the UK, and presumably they'll also be selling to Europe (they offer pretty decent shipping, as I recall).

Offline Memox

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 10:32 PM »
i sold my heroquest around 2000 on ebay for like 80 bucks.
bad idea, not only because it's worth much more now, but because i should have just kept it.
my favorite is arkham horror.
Timeless classic. Not that I like to rub salt in the wounds but... I'll just limit myself to say "Ouch"  :-X

In no particular order: Puerto Rico, Power Grid, Agricola, 7 Wonders, Age of Empires III

I haven't played any of your top 5, Memox. :D I've played Mage Knight once and it seemed interesting but my friends didn't like it.
Gloomhaven is my new addiction and as weird as it may sound, it's wonderful both in single player and in multiplayer. At first look the price is steep, but considering a campaign can last from 100 to 200 hours (not counting unofficial scenarios, random scenarios and side scenarios), I would say it's well worth it. The dungeon crawling, the gamebook feel, the deck building and many more RPG mechanics are truly well done.

board game scheme?

Touché

Cyclades, Dix It, Game of Thrones: Board Game, Caverna, CATAN, 7 Wonders, 7 Wonders Duel, King of Tokyo, Chess, Ticket to Ride, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Zombicide and maybe others that I forgot now. I also enjoyed playing Terra Mystika the only time I played.

I also like the scheme Board Game, specially sbs maps + schemes, Gnork maps + schemes too, and some others I don't remember the nickname.

I like Board Game wormy adaptations too, also called "Table Game" schemes. One of my favourites is Worms Chess by sbs. But there are many, like 4 in a row, 5 in a row, Ludo, Quoridor, etc.

Neat! I've never heard of Worms Chess, it seems like I really need to try it.
\\\ My websites ///

The Autism-O-Meter

My Worms Videos
YouTube playlist

My (other) Reviews Hub
Steam Curator page

Offline skunk3

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 07:55 AM »
Gloomhaven is now out on Steam. If anyone wants to play let me know. :)