Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:25 PM

Author Topic: Bypassing proxy network  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Sbaffo

Bypassing proxy network
« on: October 10, 2018, 11:46 AM »
Hey everyone, i've moved out my house and i'm living in a student home. They give you free internet connection, however it's through a proxy and I cannot play WA nor steam and it's freaking annoying. Is there a way to bypass it? I'd like to know if it's also possible to bypass it on phone because i can't use anything xd

Offline TheKaren

Re: Bypassing proxy network
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:56 AM »
Damn that sucks man!

But congrats on living in your own place, sure it'll be fun!

Enter StepS :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 02:57 PM »
Hey everyone, i've moved out my house and i'm living in a student home. They give you free internet connection, however it's through a proxy and I cannot play WA nor steam and it's freaking annoying. Is there a way to bypass it? I'd like to know if it's also possible to bypass it on phone because i can't use anything xd
I saw a movie about this sort of thing, gaining access to a network when you aren't the admin & sophisticated dial up techniques, not sure it will be applicable, but give it a look sbaffo, maybe it will be helpful, i've linked the how-to video below:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113243/

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 03:05 PM »
I said it many times, here comes once more - i have been using cheap 100mbit inet, ofk it was not w/o drawbacks - not a single port were accessible from outside, i could not bear it for long and quit this shit. Nonetheless, only WormNAT2 helped to host WA games. f@#!, non-personal inet line sucks big time.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 04:00 PM »
I saw a movie about this sort of thing, gaining access to a network when you aren't the admin & sophisticated dial up techniques, not sure it will be applicable, but give it a look sbaffo, maybe it will be helpful, i've linked the how-to video below:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113243/

Hmm i'll check it out when i got time xd

I said it many times, here comes once more - i have been using cheap 100mbit inet, ofk it was not w/o drawbacks - not a single port were accessible from outside, i could not bear it for long and quit this shit. Nonetheless, only WormNAT2 helped to host WA games. f@#!, non-personal inet line sucks big time.

Damn it, i can't change it :( I can't be using mobile data forever because i may run out of it...

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 04:05 PM »
just buy extra sim card with cheap internet , nowadays mobile internet is even faster than stationary and much cheaper as well

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 04:55 PM »
just buy extra sim card with cheap internet , nowadays mobile internet is even faster than stationary and much cheaper as well

i've got another sim card at home but i can't be swapping on my phone everytime...

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 04:58 PM »
Buy some second phone then xDD f@#! me, Sbaffo, i thought Italy is a civilized country... Turned out you dont have there a good inet nor enough money to bypass the first problem.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:59 PM by XanKriegor »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Nah internet is good in big cities. The network is through a proxy because it's supposed to be used for educational purposes only... I'm in a student house, besides i can go to facebook and youtube lol ????

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 01:52 AM »
Nah internet is good in big cities. The network is through a proxy because it's supposed to be used for educational purposes only... I'm in a student house, besides i can go to facebook and youtube lol ??? ?
Yeah, but I don't like how my school has GoGuardian (one of my classes even blocks YouTube!).
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 07:58 AM »
If it was intended only for educational purposes, use it as it is intended. Use your phone to play worms. WA does not take a lot of traffic, except huga RR maps. And, what? No way to buy more traffic? I pay like 90 cents for each gigabyte consumed and thats ok for me and my needs.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 09:27 AM »
If it was intended only for educational purposes, use it as it is intended. Use your phone to play worms. WA does not take a lot of traffic, except huga RR maps. And, what? No way to buy more traffic? I pay like 90 cents for each gigabyte consumed and thats ok for me and my needs.

No way dude, i already use mobile datas but i don't play only WA, this means i can easily run out of data. It is supposed to be used for educational purposes only, but i can still connect to most sites such as Facebook or YouTube, it doesn't make any sense to me...

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 06:35 PM »
What does constitute "running out of traffic"? Do you have like 5 Gb per month and if you use more you gonna see a huge dick in your browser? Or you will not, but extra traffic is unaffordable for you? Most problems are solvable with money. Thats what they are for - you do what you can do best and buy what you need with them.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 10:11 PM »
It may be possible to use VPN and things through an HTTP tunnel, but there's the matter of having a decent server to connect to. Maybe Hotspot Shield can work?
x_+

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 08:37 AM »
It may be possible to use VPN and things through an HTTP tunnel, but there's the matter of having a decent server to connect to. Maybe Hotspot Shield can work?

Ye i was thinking about that, yoo bad i'm ftom Italy and hotspot shield fakes my network into an American one so it's going to be laggy xd