Forums
April 16, 2024, 10:38 AM

Poll

Will you be taking the vaccine against covid-19?

Yes
No
I will wait and see....

Author Topic: Covid-19 Vaccine  (Read 8774 times)

Offline skunk3

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2021, 04:32 AM »
stuff

You can downplay your past trespasses within this forum all you want but we know the truth, lol. I am not saying that you're hated or even wholly unlikable (you're actually okay when you're not being a twat); but rather, you are well-known for getting into retarded pissing contests with people and arguing the dumbest shit like you're training for the 'beat a dead horse' Olympic games. You'll also have to forgive me for assuming that you're full of shit regarding your claim about losing many in-game friends due to perceived toxicity from others. Maybe I am being too presumptuous here but we have easy mute functions built into the game, which leads me to believe that nobody would have to endure anything they don't WANT to endure. Am I wrong? Also, if someone reads something 'offensive' they don't have to internalize it or make it personal. I guess you could say that I have a lack of empathy in this regard but I fail to see how anyone could be so triggered by some silly shit they read in game chat. If they are that sensitive they should know that online gaming is full of this sort of behavior, and to avoid online gaming. The weak ones need to stay away rather than forcing censorship and prescribed speech upon everyone else.

I also never said that WA is unique in the regard that it is a long-running game. However, you being you decide to do more of that janky verbal aikido you're so fond of - elevating yourself while simultaneously looking down on someone else in one swift action. (Calling me ignorant, uneducated, etc.) I am well f@#!ing aware that other old game communities exist. WA isn't the only community I am a part of.

I called you a SJW because you're acting like a perfect example of a stereotypical SJW, and I find that sort of behavior obnoxious - even more obnoxious than someone being "toxic" because I know that *most* of the time the so-called toxic player is just saying things they don't really mean to elicit a reaction and wouldn't actually wish harm upon anyone IRL. Most toxic players are also not preaching all of the time. You clearly cannot see your own hypocrisy on this issue because you talk about how you can discuss anything and how you have thick skin, yet you also advocate for the elimination of sociopolitical talk on this forum. If your skin was really as thick as you think it is, you wouldn't care. You wouldn't be engaging in this. It's also in an off-topic subforum which you don't need to check, and if you do check it, you don't have to click on the topic that you think might trigger you, you don't have to read the responses in each thread, etc. Hell, you don't even HAVE TO visit this site to enjoy the game... and don't even try to make the argument that seeing threads like this could possibly put off potential players, because that's very f@#!ing unlikely and we all know it. We aren't going to see an explosion of activity any time soon, if ever.

I personally have no issue with the discussion of any and all topics here and I think that all opinions are equally welcome. If I see discussion or an opinion I don't like I'll either ignore it or explain why I think it sucks, but you won't see me calling for the removal or censorship of anything unless someone gets doxed, etc.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 04:48 AM by skunk3 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2021, 07:01 AM »
I will reply to each point you've made one by one, and this is the last time I will address this because you are starting to go in circles.

You can downplay your past trespasses within this forum all you want but we know the truth, lol. I am not saying that you're hated or even wholly unlikable (you're actually okay when you're not being a twat); but rather, you are well-known for getting into retarded pissing contests with people and arguing the dumbest shit like you're training for the 'beat a dead horse' Olympic games.

Conversations that interest me, defending my personal beliefs, arguing to change and/or protect rules/schemes, organizing events and Leagues, trying to change another persons opinion about something, asking for the opinions of others, helping people and asking for help are mostly the types of things I do around here.

I am highly confident it is impossible to convince you my history of posting on this website has been useful.

You see, let's pretend you agree with all my opinions, share my beliefs, share the same perspectives in life and are generally a huge fan of everything i've ever done in my life, then that would simply mean an entirely different bunch of people would think i'm an idiot, i'm full of sh*t, I suck etc.

There is no getting around it, it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, you simply cannot please everyone.

I am proud of my contributions to this website, I believe i've made a mostly positive impact to this game, for sure i've had many thousands of hours of fun with other people, that's other people who have enjoyed my company and we've shared stories, traded blows in game, and had laughs.

So for you to say i'm downplaying anything, I shrug that off with ease lol.

You'll also have to forgive me for assuming that you're full of shit regarding your claim about losing many in-game friends due to perceived toxicity from others.

Maybe I am being too presumptuous here but we have easy mute functions built into the game, which leads me to believe that nobody would have to endure anything they don't WANT to endure. Am I wrong?

I guess you could say that I have a lack of empathy in this regard but I fail to see how anyone could be so triggered by some silly shit they read in game chat.

The person that sent me those screenshots I posted, they don't play anymore because of the toxicity in this community, they told me that directly.

I completely understand why you feel that way so it doesn't bother me.

It's a shame you have the mentality where rather feeling compassion and empathy for those who cannot handle toxic people, you actually appear like you feel it's their fault for being so triggered and not being able to tolerate it.

Good for you that you have impenetrable feeling in that regard, not all people are created equally, diversity of the human race is real and you cannot truly judge someone unless you've experienced every moment of their life absolutely. You cannot possibly imagine or even come close to understanding what it's like for someone who has been beat to near death just because they have coloured skin or are attracted to the same sex. To be bullied, singled out, manipulated, ignored, passed over for promotion because some people view those things as immoral, wrong, and in some cases, some people literally believe them to be demons in the eyes of god...

It is not just words to them, it's a constant reminder of how worthless they've been made to feel.

If they are that sensitive they should know that online gaming is full of this sort of behavior, and to avoid online gaming.

The weak ones need to stay away rather than forcing censorship and prescribed speech upon everyone else.

Should we round them all up and isolate them? Do you know what that mildly sounds like?

With that logic, should they just stay away from being alive too?

You are showing your true colours right now.

I also never said that WA is unique in the regard that it is a long-running game. However, you being you decide to do more of that janky verbal aikido you're so fond of - elevating yourself while simultaneously looking down on someone else in one swift action. (Calling me ignorant, uneducated, etc.) I am well f@#!ing aware that other old game communities exist. WA isn't the only community I am a part of.

You are kind of tripping over yourself here mentally speaking, I did not imply you said WA is unique in the regard that it is a long-running game, however you literally said:

The reason why activity is low is quite simple - it's nearly 2021 and this game came out in 1999.

All I did was point out that reason is illogical.

You only have yourself to blame for that one.  :D

I called you a SJW because you're acting like a perfect example of a stereotypical SJW

For starters, I am defensive, not aggresive.

I do not go out of my way finding topics to push my personal beliefs on people, in fact other than a brief 1 month period on Sensei's Discord server and the odd post here, I rarely ever discuss this stuff in public.

When I do talk about this stuff, it's usually a reply to someone who I believe genuinely lacks compassion and empathy, and who is also being genuinely toxic, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or sharing other bigoted views.

I know that *most* of the time the so-called toxic player is just saying things they don't really mean to elicit a reaction and wouldn't actually wish harm upon anyone IRL.

You know?

Do you run some sort of monitoring agency, which tracks down toxic people and interrogates them to find out if they really meant those things they said, or were just trying to elicit a reaction from someone.

Of course, i'm being silly, because you cannot possibly know that for sure, at best you are assuming, which I can only guess is because you are projecting your own perspective on them.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough:

THIS IS IN REAL LIFE!

Your actions online are still part of your existing life within this planet, within this universe, you are still interacting with other people, everything you do still has an impact on other people.

If your skin was really as thick as you think it is, you wouldn't care.

I will instantly put myself in harms way, mentally or physically, to protect my loved ones, and will always do what needs to be done.

I believe there are 2 absolute powers that exist, creation and destruction, to begin and to end, good and bad, positive and negative.

Creation is everything positive - Love, trust, happiness, laughter, passion etc.

Destruction is everything negative - Hate, fear, anger, despair, pain etc.

The people who make me feel good are worth feeling bad for.

I have thick skin, because I do care.

don't even try to make the argument that seeing threads like this could possibly put off potential players, because that's very f@#!ing unlikely and we all know it.

It's not the threads that are the problem, certain types of people are the problem, I am a bit surprised you have not realized that yet.

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2021, 07:48 PM »

Yeah, chicken, been working as one since late 2008, working in radiology since 2011.
My part of the country was relatively spared, but I got buddies who work in parts that were hit hard. It's strange to see people go 'oh, it's not so bad' when even for me, a significant part of the workday today was covid-19 related