Forums
April 24, 2024, 03:40 PM

Poll

Will you be taking the vaccine against covid-19?

Yes
No
I will wait and see....

Author Topic: Covid-19 Vaccine  (Read 8814 times)

Offline Kradie

Covid-19 Vaccine
« on: December 04, 2020, 08:02 PM »
There's a lot of talk about the covid-19 vaccine. Will you be taking it when it is first released and certified by health professional and government?  Obama will be taking it live, I believe Bill Gates will do the same? Any thoughts on this?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Chicken23

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 10:58 PM »
why wouldn't you take it?

I've worked in life sciences in drug development for past 10 years and regulatory bodies are very precise and stringent on the safety and efficacy analysis of an IND (investigational new drug/device) before approval.

go to www.clinicaltrials.gov and read statistical reports and protocols if your an anti-vaccine and realise that these new medicines are all following the proper process. Your talking about at least hundreds of thousands of patients enrolled onto a clinical trial with no serious adverse events so far, and some of these people have taken the trial vaccines at the start of the pandemic over 9 months ago when it was phrase 1.

Stop believing bullshit you read on the internet and actually research peer reviewed science.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 11:02 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 01:58 AM »
I'm immuno-compromised and have a chronic illness, so I will be getting the vaccine as soon as I am able.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 02:30 AM »
When it's released it'll be some of the most vulnerable people who get it first. If you're young and healthy there'll probably be a lot more data on it by the time you get it.

I've had to start taking an immunosuppressant this year due to my severe allergies. Supposedly this can mean I need a double dose of some vaccines, so that's something I have to look into. I'll definitely get it when I can.
x_+

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 08:05 AM »
Russian medicine is at its last breathe, and they said they made three vaccines hahaha  :D . I would take an imported vaccine and only without paying a kopeika. But occupational government wont do anything good for the population, ever.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 11:59 AM »
The Russian vaccine was meant to have been rushed and several regulatory bodies were worried about the safety of Sputnik. I read this about 6 months ago, then last week BBC is listing Sputnik as one of the approved vaccines, even though earlier in year they said how it was raising questions in the drug development community.

My wife is extremely clinically vulnerable and a high priority to be vaccinated than over 70s!

it will take a while before those under 50 without any serious health conditions can get one.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 03:55 PM »
Edit: Word marked Red is changed to Virus. Before it said Vaccine.

I won't be taking it because despite what these ''health experts'' say, I don't buy it. You may obviously think I lean toward the comfort of conspiracy theorist zone now, but I have my own reason to why. So this train of thought yours could be dangerous, and cause a divide between the population who believes in the vaccine. The lethalness of this VIRUS is minuscule, you are likely to die of something else anyway, especially pre-covid-19 times. So this vaccine is basically a biological certification for people to gain access to society's offering: Travel, Stores, & Restaurants & clubs etc.  I believe UK is already preparing for health passport. What I fear most is what will happen to those who doesn't take the vaccine, will their freedom be limited & eventually stripped away? You must comply, otherwise you are viewed as a human carrying a biological disease. 

It is so stupid of Government officials, & high status people to take the vaccine live, just to gain trust of the people. Like you have to, it is totally safe. I already warned people about the vaccine, stay the f@#! away from that nefarious shot of death.

And someone send Klaus Schwab a white cat so his character portrayal will be more accurate.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 03:04 AM by Kradie »

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 01:58 AM »
The lethalness of this vaccine is minuscule
nefarious shot of death.

Nice self-contradiction.
x_+

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 02:58 AM »
EDIT: You are right Bloop, I did contradict myself because of a typo. Instead of ''Vaccine'' It should had been ''Virus''.

But here is the response I wrote to what to this contradiction though.

The lethalness of this vaccine is minuscule
nefarious shot of death.

Nice self-contradiction.
How so? Do you think that I believe people are going to start dying like flies when they get the vaccine? Then you are mistaken. Let me elaborate what I meant. The latter of what you quote from me is a metaphor. People are led by fear & Ignorance, and therefor they will take the vaccine & be continued be instructed by fear, as obedient docile slaves. Because slaves have no option but to obey & follow instruction, their liberty is dead. We all know that this vaccine will not be the last one, because we know that there is a third wave of this virus heading our way, and i bet more will come. You'll see.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 03:02 AM by Kradie »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 05:54 PM »
The lethalness of this VIRUS is minuscule
Name a more lethal virus in the last few hundred years

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 09:14 PM »
Educate yourself and think about others.

The % of mortality in younger age groups is tiny, but soon as you get into 60-70, 70-80, and 80+ years of age you can get into as high as 20% mortality by confirmed cases.

This is a disease that threatens vulnerable and elderly lives. There are also people suffering with long covid effects and never fully recovering (young adults!) Just because you may not count as that demographic, doesn't make it a conspiracy.

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid#case-fatality-rate-of-covid-19-by-age

As I've said, I've worked in drug development, life sciences and exposed to a lot of accurate covid resources, I've linked to two resources now. I suggest you find some time to read up and expand your range of literature and thinking before drawing conclusions.

To your point about liberty and freedoms, that is a different conversation on do governments hold the rights to restrict our freedoms for our protection and something that people have difficulty agreeing all over the world. The UK won't have 'covid' passports from all i know, and its not even enforcing people to take the vaccines, but advising.

Covid will never go, it will be with us forever, but we'll have vaccines to control the disease and protect, just like we do for polio, malaria etc.

Whats dangerous if the fake news and conspiracy
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 09:20 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline sock

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 11:54 PM »
Read communism history.
Read about current communism in North Korea.
Read about how many deaths those countries are responsible for. On their own people.

Read about the people who did not die but lived in those countries, and almost starving to death was a daily routine for many.

How do you think those countries got there?

I can tell you it was not by having a peaceful country one day and overnight the government made the switch from 0 to a 100.

It was by removing their fundamental rights one step at a time. Removing free speech, censorship. It was by removing their freedom of choice.

And the argument? "This is for your own safety."

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2020, 03:58 AM »
"It's my right to choose to die of a deadly virus!"

Cool. Great. Some real rocket surgery going on in this thread. I'm surprised you can see the keyboard through the eyeholes in your hood.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:08 AM by Squirminator2k »

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 06:08 AM »
What's your stance on seat belts?

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2020, 09:30 AM »
Seat belts are a decent analogy but usually only for one's own safety. Getting vaccinated is for the safety of everyone else around you too. So an even better analogy would be mandatory vehicle inspection. Choosing not to be vaccinated for COVID-19 is like someone choosing to drive an unroadworthy truck and then causing a deadly highway pileup. A few countries already had 1 in 1000 people die and the pandemic is still going on. What figure do the deaths have to reach to be above 'minuscule'?
x_+