Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:35 AM

Poll

Will you be taking the vaccine against covid-19?

Yes
No
I will wait and see....

Author Topic: Covid-19 Vaccine  (Read 8630 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2020, 11:31 AM »
Seat belts are a decent analogy but usually only for one's own safety. Getting vaccinated is for the safety of everyone else around you too. So an even better analogy would be mandatory vehicle inspection. Choosing not to be vaccinated for COVID-19 is like someone choosing to drive an unroadworthy truck and then causing a deadly highway pileup. A few countries already had 1 in 1000 people die and the pandemic is still going on. What figure do the deaths have to reach to be above 'minuscule'?
How much does communism kill?

This analogy is insane. The vaccine is not guaranteed to work it's been stated. Plus you will have to take the vaccine yearly. This coronavirus as other diseases will never go away. Alzheimer's disease is still around as well as cancer, hiv/aids, ebola, and so on. Why show commitment to something so fabricated as covid-19 while you could had done something else for the world?

Btw, if you want to be safe wear a mask, if you want to feel better take the vaccine, don't go down forcing your ideology down other people's throat.  For example: 3 people meet in the park, 1 doesn't wear a mask, who is risking their life? If there is anything to risk, it is more about liberty that is at risk.

About this miniscule thing, take a peek here
https://www.aier.org/article/the-censorship-of-dr-briand/

https://www.bitchute.com/video/3ihv9O0UBS4B/

I respect that you are ''educated'' Chicken, but perhaps you shouldn't find alternative opinions and sources as irrefutable. Nothing wrong in an open discussion about things you may not feel comfortable in.
If elderly & challenged people are the culprit of covid death, perhaps the authority should restrict their access to society rather than the healthy one.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2020, 02:05 PM »
Plus you will have to take the vaccine yearly.

I highly doubt it. Early indications suggest that COVID-19 doesn't mutate nearly as fast as the yearly flu strains. Also, some COVID-19 vaccines may help protect against not only other strains, but other coronaviruses including the common cold as well. Just as some people with better immunity against colds can be less susceptible to COVID-19.

A better comparison could be measles. The measles vaccine keeps on working. Anti-vaxxers are at least partly to blame for 70+ kids dying in the Samoan outbreak last year.

Regarding your links, what you want to look up is the 'excess mortality' rate, ie. the number of deaths from all causes above what's considered 'normal':
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm
Overall, an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020, with 198,081 (66%) excess deaths attributed to COVID-19. The largest percentage increases were seen among adults aged 25–44 years and among Hispanic or Latino persons.

If too many deaths were being attributed to COVID-19, you'd expect the 2nd number to be bigger than the first.

Also, wearing a mask f@#!ing sucks. I have bad allergies and need to wipe my nose all the time. Luckily for me my country takes COVID-19 very seriously and eradicates it when it appears. Right now we have more freedom here than almost any other country and our economy is better off overall than it would be if we didn't have lockdowns in the past.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 02:10 PM by Bloopy »
x_+

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2020, 05:14 PM »
I respect that you are ''educated'' Chicken, but perhaps you shouldn't find alternative opinions and sources as irrefutable. Nothing wrong in an open discussion about things you may not feel comfortable in.
If elderly & challenged people are the culprit of covid death, perhaps the authority should restrict their access to society rather than the healthy one.

This is the whole social dilemma of COVID and the decisions that governments decide to take. Look at Sweden with no lockdown, vs Norway, Denmark and Finland. The deaths per capita in Sweden is one of the highest due to COVID.

You are right though that people can decide to take no risks and therefore some countries may enforce no restrictions. You won't please everyone. It's also unfair to lock the elderly and vulnerable away and never let them see the light of day, but that does mean its unfair to restrict the masses and enforce having social distancing restrictions on others? There is no right answer and just our different sociological and political beliefs.

At the end of the day, this thread was about taking the vaccine or not, which is a personal choice and the UK government isn't forcing this on people. As bloopy pointed out anti-vaxers are also causing issues with children getting measles and deaths associated with this, anti-vaxing was happening before COVID, but the issue for me is the misinformation and propaganda that social media and news sites spread.

From a safety perspective, these vaccines will be very safe, and taking them should be encouraged. Not just to protect yourself, but also to hopefully protect others, although currently no evidence on this but only time will tell.

This whole pandemic I wished I lived in NZ where the rules were much stricter and it resulted in their country being covid free and living a normal life. Unfortunately the UK is so densely populated and has so much air traffic that we could never do a lockdown like NZ did and stop people coming into the country.

My personal beliefs are mother nature is hitting back at humans for overpopulating the world, climate change is a bigger issue and we have a massive population crisis. Maybe the world needs more disease and death to stop us destroying this plant beyond the point of repair? However we should look to protect lives and educate ourselves to limit our population growth (fewer families having fewer children) and use noncarbon energy sources to slow global warming. Go vegan and stop hoarding animals together so closely to allow for these type of viruses to evolve. Farming isn't natural when you think about it.

ps. I'm not vegan but realize the meat trade is causing issues.

Offline lalo

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 10:24 PM »
Read communism history.
Read about current communism in North Korea.
Read about how many deaths those countries are responsible for. On their own people.

Read about the people who did not die but lived in those countries, and almost starving to death was a daily routine for many.

How do you think those countries got there?

I can tell you it was not by having a peaceful country one day and overnight the government made the switch from 0 to a 100.

It was by removing their fundamental rights one step at a time. Removing free speech, censorship. It was by removing their freedom of choice.

And the argument? "This is for your own safety."

Offline nino

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 02:41 AM »
I Always thought Norway  were a very f@#!ing nice place were incapable to produce peoples like Kradie lol, but everyday we learn a bit more, i had covid-19 but did not feel anything, i just realised it after a blood test, but i have seen many peoples getting f@#!ed cos of this virus, and many died, many close peoples from me, of couse this virus wont kill the world and if theres no vaccine we would pass thought but with much more deaths ahead, i dont see the problem at taking a vaccine i might take too even if i dont need to.

Kradie i suggest you to move your stinky asshole from you confortable chair and visit travel the world to know the reality and stop talking about things you think you know cos u did read on internet or saw a vid on youtube. more than 1 million people died cos covid-19 how many peoples lives in Norway ?? Around 5.3 million?? 20% of Norway population died of covid-19, np right? ok MR Kradie!! lol come to Brazil to meet the reality of the public hospital where many peoples died cos did not even had a doctor to help cos the health system were full !!! You f@#!ing puto.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2020, 03:39 AM »
I'm not taking the vaccine. Before you say I'm an Anti-vaxxer, here's the REAL reason.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2020, 08:08 AM »
I Always thought Norway  were a very f@#!ing nice place were incapable to produce peoples like Kradie lol, but everyday we learn a bit more, i had covid-19 but did not feel anything, i just realised it after a blood test, but i have seen many peoples getting f@#!ed cos of this virus, and many died, many close peoples from me, of couse this virus wont kill the world and if theres no vaccine we would pass thought but with much more deaths ahead, i dont see the problem at taking a vaccine i might take too even if i dont need to.

Kradie i suggest you to move your stinky asshole from you confortable chair and visit travel the world to know the reality and stop talking about things you think you know cos u did read on internet or saw a vid on youtube. more than 1 million people died cos covid-19 how many peoples lives in Norway ?? Around 5.3 million?? 20% of Norway population died of covid-19, np right? ok MR Kradie!! lol come to Brazil to meet the reality of the public hospital where many peoples died cos did not even had a doctor to help cos the health system were full !!! You f@#!ing puto.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Turn off your drain on your eyes nino. If you expect people's sympathy you shouldn't hold prejudice on one's opinion. I can't sit here in my comfortable chair and cry for the deaths of million people, I can't sit here in my comfortable chair and cry for every single human in this world that parishes for whatever reason not only from Covid-19. I choose not to leave my comfortable chair to witness the obvious horror that transpire in our world but not only by Covid-19's doing. Liberty around the world is restricted, there are a lot of checkpoints, and this remind me of something of two of the Russian's neighboring countries far east.

20% of Norway population died of Covid-19? And you tell me to do my research? Perhaps you meant cases, but deaths? Nah.  Norway is pretty good considering.

I am against the vaccine. I remember the swine flu outbreak, everyone were going insane. I was sitting comfortably in my chair watching on my nice TV, a large queue of desperate people waiting for the vaccine. Later on it showed that these people experience nasty side effects, it damaged them pretty bad, even for life. So the guy in the comfortable chair was like ''Better them not me, because I am not falling for this shit''. And here we are again, 10 years later, same shit but on a bigger scale. Who's going to have the last laugh? CCP? The vaccinated people? Klaus Schwab? Globalists? SJWs? Or the Freedom Fighters? We shall see.

Does it sound like I am this cold cynical evil bad guy now huh? Not really, none are really any better. Here is why: People are so righteous that their are blinded of their own vanity. How so? Human are instructed to follow when told and they normally comply. As result, they think what they are doing is for the greater good, just because a higher power told them to unite and fight something, in this case the virus. But Imagine if human were told by government around the world to adopt 1 starving child to their household from Africa, because starvation? But we all know this has been going on for years! Why now? Solidarity don't mean a thing unless if it is profitable. 

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2020, 08:43 AM »
There is no higher calling than service and no more compelling emotion than compassion

I hope you find empathy for the suffering of others at some point Kradie.  Not everything is as black and white as you purport it to be. 

Offline Kradie

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2020, 09:38 AM »
There is no higher calling than service and no more compelling emotion than compassion

I hope you find empathy for the suffering of others at some point Kradie.  Not everything is as black and white as you purport it to be.
Again, I can't cry for each life that leaves our world. It would only exhaust me, this is human. We have no time to process every death. All we can do at occasion is to acknowledge and sympathize, but to dwell on it will stop you from living.

It sucks that people suffer, it sucks that people die, it sucks people are left behind in tears after their loved ones have passed away. Everything is not black & white Walrus. 361 people in Norway have died in Norway of Covid-19.- Over 600 people have taken their lives in 2018 in Norway. This year 140 people committed suicide. Just imagine how much this is for such a small country as Norway though?  Norwegian citizen takes Christmas very seriously, and many are anxious to be left alone, unfortunately some  are marooned & are likely to go down the dark road.

So what's the point? There are other social issue? There have always been other issues? Why care now? Just use common sense, if you want to protect yourself, do it, if you want the vaccine, go ahead and take it. You are responsible for your own health if you take it.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2020, 10:46 AM »
I am against the vaccine. I remember the swine flu outbreak, everyone were going insane. I was sitting comfortably in my chair watching on my nice TV, a large queue of desperate people waiting for the vaccine. Later on it showed that these people experience nasty side effects, it damaged them pretty bad, even for life. So the guy in the comfortable chair was like ''Better them not me, because I am not falling for this shit''.

I already said you wouldn't be first in line for the COVID-19 vaccine anyway, and such recent mistakes aren't forgotten quickly. Just because most of us say we would take the vaccine, doesn't mean we're saying that we'll be the first to rush out and take something that hasn't been tested properly! There's nothing wrong with being cautious, especially if the health system in one's country is questionable. But there'll be a point when some of the vaccines are known to be safe and effective and only conspiracy theorists are scared of them.
x_+

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2020, 01:52 PM »
*sigh*

When will you people learn, stop feeding the troll!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2020, 02:41 PM »
I am against the vaccine. I remember the swine flu outbreak, everyone were going insane. I was sitting comfortably in my chair watching on my nice TV, a large queue of desperate people waiting for the vaccine. Later on it showed that these people experience nasty side effects, it damaged them pretty bad, even for life. So the guy in the comfortable chair was like ''Better them not me, because I am not falling for this shit''.

I already said you wouldn't be first in line for the COVID-19 vaccine anyway, and such recent mistakes aren't forgotten quickly. Just because most of us say we would take the vaccine, doesn't mean we're saying that we'll be the first to rush out and take something that hasn't been tested properly! There's nothing wrong with being cautious, especially if the health system in one's country is questionable. But there'll be a point when some of the vaccines are known to be safe and effective and only conspiracy theorists are scared of them.
You may say or think that my mind is warped & twisted because of conspiracy theorists, but hear me out, what if the vaccine is not designed to help? Maybe just in small dosages? What if we are further indoctrinated with these dystopian rules? People are already accustomed to them. Can this be even irrefutable? Even if you have faith in the system? I get what you're saying, the novelty of it, but can you get me? Yeah I don't have complete faith in this particular system, I find it shady. So my view comes from this. I am allowed to have it right?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2020, 11:22 PM »
of course you are Kradie. You have freedom or choice and speech.

Just like everyone has a choice to take the vaccine.

I'm really struggling to see the link you are trying to make between a vaccine that can save lives, and governments control on liberty. They are two totally different things and not linked in anyway form whatever.

You believe global governments are scaring everyone into taking a vaccine that will cause them harm?

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2020, 03:28 AM »
The link is that people who choose not to take the vaccine may lose some freedoms. Eg. not being allowed on flights or public transport, or losing their jobs, especially if they work in the health sector or with the elderly. Which is just common sense really considering the number of people dropping dead daily.
x_+

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2020, 06:08 AM »
Freedom of choice and freedom of speech are not freedom from consequence.