Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:57 PM

Author Topic: Croatia  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Tomi

Croatia
« on: July 15, 2017, 01:41 PM »
Hey guys,

I am going to travel to Nin, Croatia (near Zadar / Zára) with my friends for holiday at the end of this month. We will be there for 5 days, but since none of us are those "traveling type" people and 3 of us have never been to Croatia at all (I was there about 10 years ago ^^), I would like to ask the Croatian wormers for help, advices :)

We will be traveling by car using ENC on the motorway to avoid traffic jams and I guess that's the only special advice that we have got so far :) Are there any common practices that we should follow? :D

Although we plan to be on the beach a lot, we might visit some nice places if they are not too far from us. Do you have any suggestions maybe? (We plan to visit Plitvice lakes)

And now the important part.. :D Do you have good beers which are not that expensive, so we don't need to bring too much with us? :D xD Or maybe something else to drink? :D Is it true that there are good parties in Zadar? :D

And the same question about food.. :D However as I know we don't really like seafood (at least I don't), so any specialitates we should try? :D

Offline Csongi

Re: Croatia
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 01:47 PM »
Hf, Tomi! :)
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Online Sensei

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 02:28 PM »
Hey Tomi. Nice to know you're visiting.

We have lot of good beers here. I bet not many hungarian ones can compete :P
My choice is always Karlovačko. But people also like Ožujsko, Zlatni Pan etc.. You should try a lot and see which suits you best. None of these are that expensive. 0.5 liter is around 1€ in markets. 2-3€ in beach bars.

About food, if you're not into sea products, you should definitely try Dalmatian Peka:

It's meat (veal or lamb or pork.. or all mixed up) with potatoes, onion... etc.
Really delicious stuff. You see how it's prepared under the bell on picture above.
My choice is always veal or lamb.

Yeah, Plitvice is good place to visit. You should see National park Krka also while you're around.
I'm a bit more south east (near Split) so don't know what's the situation around Zadar.. But you can't really miss wherever you go in Dalmatia.

If you'd want to change location and spend some days around my town, I can explain you better where to go, what to visit.. Can even help you find an apartment. Just ring me on time.

Hf!

Offline Tomi

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 04:29 PM »
Hf, Tomi! :)
Thx :)

Thx Sensei! Ah I have heard about those beers, at least about karlovacko and ozujsko.. i will definetely try them ;) and the food too, because it looks delicious :D

Next time maybe we will go more down, but now we found only this apartment which was empty at the time we want to travel..

Offline sock

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 10:26 PM »
Have fun in Croatia Tomi! Thank you for making a great snooper that is easy to use :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 11:42 PM »
Legends say he is still traveling to Croatia.  ;)

Offline sock

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 11:52 PM »
 :)

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 08:14 AM »
legend say he drinks 1 karlovacko and get drunk by 1 year

Online Sensei

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 04:23 PM »
Haha. I guess boundary for getting drunk of karlovacko is around 4 liters.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 05:11 PM »
Lol no, this is not only a legend :D I was there last summer and it was really cool. Beach of Zára and Vir are beautiful and the sea was also good! Sorry, but karlovacko is not that good (all of us confirmed that xd). But ozujsko and pan are cool :)

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 05:29 PM »

wtf you living in the stone age?

Online Sensei

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 05:43 PM »

wtf you living in the stone age?

Grow up. This is autohtonic place to meet with friends. Get some wine, good food, talk/play cards and have fun in general. One from the pic is quite hystorical! There's also modern versions of it that will suit your limited mind, but anyone who ever felt the atmosphere of these old generic "komin"'s will say this is by far superior version!

No need to insult other cultures just because you don't get it ;)

Sorry, but karlovacko is not that good (all of us confirmed that xd). But ozujsko and pan are cool :)

Really sad to hear this. Cause karlovacko always was and will be my favourite. Indeed, quality may be questionable during summer sometimes, cause they're struggling with shipping those large ammounts.. Maybe you guys just had bad series :(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:49 PM by Sensei »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Its nice to visit Stone Age indeed.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 01:01 PM »
damn this food look delicious, and also place, I wish i could be there

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 01:36 AM »
none of us like to travel?  speak for yourself! the f@#!!  its all i want to do since i have seen quite a bit!  seeing the world or sitting behind a screen!   see the world by far!

I traveled through Croatia before, amazing people and cheap good food, beautiful scenery!  I would hit up Momento Domento =]

one of the best Music festivals i ever been too ^.^