Do you support the death penalty?

Yes
3 (25%)
No
6 (50%)
I don't know
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Death Penalty  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Kradie

Death Penalty
« on: December 05, 2019, 03:39 PM »
A Norwegian light fire on The Quran book in public. Understandably this action caused uproar among the Muslim community. An Islamic group called for execution of this person who light fire on the holy book. The good news is that the Norwegian police managed to stop the book to be totally burnt. A quick google search will give you more insight on the issue at hand.

Regardless, what do you think of the death penalty? Should it ever be practiced regardless of how serious the atrocity committed by the person(s) at hand?

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
Re: Death Penalty
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 04:06 PM »
All of this is just telling me that the forums are running out of ideas at this point.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 06:13 PM »
The holy book? It constantly baffles me how f**king stupid these people are.

Now i'm not saying it's cool to burn something that so many people hold dearly to their hearts, but which is worse, to burn a book or kill someone?

Just the fact alone a person thinks it's ok to condemn a person to death, for burning a book, shows how utterly f**king stupid they are that they don't realize it's far worse than burning the book in the 1st place.

It kinda reminds me of the bit Bill Hicks does about burning the American flag:

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 01:04 AM »
I decided I was completely against the death penalty maybe 10 years ago or more. I guess my compassion matured. If people deliberately do such horrific shit, then there must be something wrong with them from birth and/or how they were raised, so it's not 100% their fault. Anyway, especially in Western countries like the US, it's cheaper to imprison for life instead of wasting money on all the extra costs associated with the seriousness of a capital trial and death row.

If someone starts a war or hostage situation and it's easier/beneficial to kill them rather than capturing, then that's sort of an exception.

The good news is that the Norwegian police managed to stop the book to be totally burnt.

The good news is if nobody is killed because of it.
x_+

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 11:59 AM »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 02:06 PM »
The flag is a symbol that represents a country/faith. In Norway's case you have the right to burn it. But then again, why would you do it? Are you dissatisfied where the country is going/or how it is treating and effecting you? If so, you can do it and people shouldn't blame you for it, but then again, you probably don't belong there/anymore. There can be numerous reasons to why a person chooses to burn anything that can upset them. So in the case of burning the holy book, is totally okay in our country. However, I do think it was irresponsible and stupid of the person to do it. He probably have some sort of xenophobia, and didn't know how to deal with the problem except for burning the book. I can understand that such irresponsible action can upset plenty of people, but it is far beyond a warrant reason to have someone killed.  They should just roll their eyes, chuckle and move on. ''That's too bad for him, we still have our faith but what does he have?''.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline skunk3

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 02:00 AM »
I have conflicting views regarding the death penalty because as Bloopy pointed out, in many Western countries it's actually more expensive to execute someone than it is to imprison them for life. I know that seems counter-intuitive, but it's the truth. On those grounds alone I oppose the death penalty because I want the option that is going to be the least drain on taxpayer citizens. However, if we could streamline the execution process somehow and make it far more cost-effective then I would support executions on a case-by-case basis. Some people are completely irredemable and don't deserve to go on living.

As far as the Norweigan burning a copy of the Quran, who gives a f@#!? Those Muslims need to go back to their own lands and stop spreading like cockroaches. f@#! Islam. f@#! most predominantly Muslim cultures in general. Mohammed was a psychotic pedophile rapist and Islam is anything but the "religion of peace." That description of it is so laughably wrong that it's Orwellian. Don't get me wrong, I think most religions suck and are stupid in myriad ways, but Islam is easily one of the worst, if not THE worst. They just keep reproducing a bunch of inbred fanatical tax drains on society and trying to establish a caliphate anywhere they go. Screw Muslims.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 12:52 PM »
as Bloopy pointed out, in many Western countries it's actually more expensive to execute someone than it is to imprison them for life. I know that seems counter-intuitive, but it's the truth.
:o  :o  :o

Offline Hussar

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 02:19 PM »
My real point against is fact that fast and peaceful death is not that big penalty if we talk about serial killer or brutal kid rapist. If i would choose a penalty -  fast death or rest of life in prison for such a dumbfuk i prefer prison.