What do you use?

Desktop
9 (60%)
Laptop
3 (20%)
Both
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Desktop or Laptop?  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Kradie

Desktop or Laptop?
« on: July 27, 2021, 06:22 AM »
What are you most comfortable with? Desktop or laptop? (Not counting tablets, Smartphones, Nintendo Switch etc).

For me I prefer the stationary solution because I feel more comfortable with it.

What about you?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: Desktop or Laptop?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 11:23 AM »
Desktop, for running heavy stuff.
Laptop, in case of power outage.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 01:54 PM »
Both are tools, both are good for its purpose. I have both.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 09:23 PM »
There is very little purpose is owning a laptop these days unless you are a student or have a job that requires it, or are into a handful of hobbies where having a laptop could be useful, like photography, video, or maybe having LAN parties with your friends. The modern smart phone can do all of the basic functions of a laptop PC and is way less of a hassle. Also, desktop PCs are far easier to fix and upgrade and have less overheating issues.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 10:08 PM »
There is very little purpose is owning a laptop these days unless you are a student or have a job that requires it, or are into a handful of hobbies where having a laptop could be useful, like photography, video, or maybe having LAN parties with your friends. The modern smart phone can do all of the basic functions of a laptop PC and is way less of a hassle. Also, desktop PCs are far easier to fix and upgrade and have less overheating issues.
And yet you have Invested thousands of dollars in your own laptop.

But yeah I pretty much agree with the point you made.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sebastian7

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 07:22 AM »
for me, the laptop is more comfortable as you can sit and lay everywhere in my property in Portugal here
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 07:49 PM by Sebastian7 »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 07:50 AM »
i like desktop for more open architecture

Offline skunk3

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 07:53 AM »
And yet you have Invested thousands of dollars in your own laptop.

But yeah I pretty much agree with the point you made.

The only reason why I bought my laptop is because finding desktop GPUs is a huge pain in the ass and I didn't feel like waiting around forever. I also have a need of a laptop for various music production / recording needs, DJ'ing, VJ'ing, etc. When I saw the specs on the laptop I bought I had to get it right away because it was such a good deal, especially considering that it has a 3070 in it.

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 12:29 PM »
Laptop, because of convenience - you can take it everywhere when necessary.