Forums
April 19, 2024, 04:36 PM

Author Topic: Do you like your country?  (Read 5290 times)

Offline KiSH

Re: Do you like your country?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 10:35 AM »
I love my country
 My country is Number WA'aan(1)
  In crime, population explosion, wastage, corruption and so on......

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:38 AM by KiSH »

Offline Prince_Egypt

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 02:01 PM »
I love my country
 My country is Number WA'aan(1)
  In crime, population explosion, wastage, corruption and so on......

[attachment=1] [attachment=2] [attachment=3]
WTF Picture ! People eat Train !      Cho Cho Cho Motherf@#!ers xD

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2014, 04:51 PM »
@KiSH :  I know a lot of the problems of your country man, I'm working at an ONG that are making some work there, campaings against social problems like kids under 12 years old doing heavy works with more than 50 hours per week for... 3 US Dollars per week, etc. Bangladesh (Dhaka) has some serious, serious problems, it's very sad.

I like Chile personally because I live very good here, I had education, money, good family, etc, we have a lot of beautiful landscapes from the north to south, a lot of beaches, mountains, etc. You can take an idea by viewing the TaG's space on tus.

Besides that, imho we don't have too much problems COMPARED with other sudamerican countries, or latin countries (here we have to count Central America, bl Fenice, and Mexico.). Of course we are still a 3rd world country, a lot of poverty, low rates of unemployement tho, but that's falacious cos a lot of the jobs here has bad payments, lot of hours per week, bad conditions, etc, but at least there are a way to win some money...

Politicians are crap of course, but imho aren't that crap as other places. The rates of corruption are low according to those suspicious international studies xD but I've been related to some politics here in mi city (and some friends aswell) so I can speak from here, and it's like I said.

A big problem of Chile is the natural centralism that we have due our special geography, we are too long, too much long, and thin as f@#!. So the cities here are way far from each other, for example, I'm at 500Km far from the capital (Santiago), that's 5 hours at car (6 ar bus) and that's very near... Imagine other cities where are like 1000, 1500 or 2000 far away from Santiago, and sadly a lot of things like job, cultural events, concerts, business, etc, are mainly focused and made there.

We have "flaites" (aka reN`s... j/k (not)), but that's a latin american problem, so there's no need to complaint about it. You don't have to mess with them if you don't want, but day by day it seems they are taking a lot of terrain xD but well.

Overall I like Chile, people are very special, our humor it's very weird yet direct (and harsh), we are always speaking with jokes and double-sense, we have a lot slangs, too much, we could be talking with 99% of pure slangs and other latin american countries won't understand a shit about what are we talking about (except Argentina and maybe Perú, they know some part of them)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:56 PM by Twyrfher »

Offline Prince_Egypt

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Btw Nice Comment :D Twy but I love ur State "cChile" Verythin state and Alone"Peace" :D

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 09:25 AM »
I definitely like Oregon, and I would tentatively say I like the US, but it's also true there are some places in the south that I'd find outright oppressive to live in, due to racism, homophobia, gun nuttery (11,000+ gun homicides per year, kind of disturbing), prejudice against atheists, etc. Obamacare (thanks Obama) is at least making this a little less of a backwards shithole in terms of healthcare, and I feel like we're going to get some respectable minimum wage laws passed eventually, though for now we're lagging way behind other first world countries. We're at least pushing the bar in some areas like marijuana legalization and gay marriage. Our national politics are controlled by legalized bribery, but I suppose the government functions alright at the local level. In terms of people, there's definitely too much stupidity, nationalism, religious fervor, and radical right-wing ideology, though where I live these aren't nearly as prevalent.

We're becoming much more of a service sector economy, so I don't know, job prospects aren't that amazing. Of course, it's a great country if you want to pursue an entertainment-related career, which is kind of what I'm trying to do in Portland with my music: http://ghosttoycastle.bandcamp.com/. We kind of mold ourselves to the places we're born in though, I think most people tend to like where they live, partly because they can't imagine living anywhere else.

Offline s4Li

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Do I like my country? I think yes. There are my friends, my family, all people i care about and it makes place good for me. It's placed in central europe so climate is moderate. It's usually around 30 degrees at summer and -5 at winter. We have a lot of space to life, there is no overpopulation.  The problem is current political class and way of polish economy. For me it looks like this: Almost all parties want only to control economy or people. There is almost no option that you can vote for party that leave average people a free choice. They want to "help" you to life better, even if you don't want to. They brag, that current year they approve more laws than year before. And seems like no one in media come up with idea that it means only more control on every part of our life every year and it only gets faster and faster. I'm not gonna talk here about EU, all knows what's their politics. I'm very happy that we are not so rich country like our neighbours, because we still have low state benefit so foreigners don't come here to lay on their asses and take free money(we can go to other contry and do it easily). Actually i'm studiying math in insurances and financials and the situation on work market isn't so good. I don't know if I find good job in my proffesion. Polish goverment strongly helps polish people to be one of cheapest workers in europe. Now about people. A lot of people here complaint about their financial sytuation in life. Almost no one of them see that 84% of adults drinks alcohol and only 16% are sober, over 1/3 smokes ciggarets and many young people take drugs. So when couple make their first children, suddenly they detects that they don't have money and they are very suprised. Most of them don't see corelation between wealth and money which they(and also their parents) spend on cigarets, drugs, alcohol for example for 7 years(This kind of products also don't help to develop their career, health) and they start to accuse everything except themselves.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:23 AM by s4Li »

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 10:28 AM »
I've heard Poland is a complete shithole from Polish people that live over in the United States now.  They told me stories of it being polluted to shit and acid rain falling from the sky and how the cities are all very dirty.  Seems from this thread the eastern europeans are not all that happy about their home these days.

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 10:33 AM »
The grass is greener on the other side of the fence :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2014, 10:50 AM »
If i had to live in some big polish city like warsaw i coud instantly leave that shit country, but fortunatelly i live here, where is fresh air, mountains, silence.. woods.. beautiful girls, nice winter :)  So this Poland I like.. but nothing more

view from my window

in white house i live and play worms

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 10:52 AM »
The grass is greener on the other side of the fence :D

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 11:19 AM »
I've heard Poland is a complete shithole from Polish people that live over in the United States now.  They told me stories of it being polluted to shit and acid rain falling from the sky and how the cities are all very dirty.  Seems from this thread the eastern europeans are not all that happy about their home these days.
There's lots of money to be made here and everything's cheap, relatively. But oh well- most people that emigrate have no education and no skills to get a well-paid job in Poland. That's why they prefer to clean toilets abroad and feel like they're earning big bucks compared to what they would make here. Miserable f@#!s. Of course they complain. The stuff about cities being polluted and dirty is just ridiculous, guess that's how they're trying to remember it to feel better or something. Maybe a couple of industrial cities on south would be an exception, but it's nothing beyond the Europe's norm.

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2014, 12:29 PM »
There's lots of money to be made here and everything's cheap, relatively.

Not sure where you live. Cheap for who? Even tourists complain about prices in here. And average polak has to work like nuts for a shitty pay compared to western eu, unless you have like xx years of experience and a decent job, then you will be paid like the bottom of what western people get from day 1. Good luck traveling around the 1st world countries while working here, cant say that about western people. You know whats significantly cheaper in here? Potatoes. Then theres health care, revenue and other national things like this at the level of potato. Potato country. But yeah, if your needs are not next level, you can live here thats no problem.

To sum up: Average pay for a polak just after uni 450-600 € in poland; 4x that in the west. Prices are similar.

Cant say a bad word about the dirt, Poland is much cleaner than some of the G7 countries in EU.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:49 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2014, 12:59 PM »

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2014, 01:09 PM »
so.. if we talk about poland..  and moneys..  Before I worked as painter room, paver, and other shit building jobs.. I got payd 2.2 euro per hour job with no employed, I did not enjoy that job, coz we worked 12-15 hours per day, even if there was rain, so i had to wake up in 5.00 and was in home 20:00. Everyday, even saturday.. There was no life, just stupid job with stupid ppl and with no employ.. So i changed job.. now I work in game saloon (amusement arcade??), here I am emplyed but I got minimum payd = 1 euro per hour.  Work in building was more payd but with no life and no enjoy and no employ so i prefer that job..
Anyway..  my job now = 250 euro per month.     Last week I took my gf on concert...     2 tickets = 150 euro, some beers, food , pizza and others = 40 euro. Benzin= 50 euro in 2 sides.  1 day in hotel = 50 euro, taxi =  20 euro   other things: 30 euro

Wait..  Did this weekend cost me more than 1 month job? :O God.. bless the poland..

BTW: what if I want live in my own house, and have nice car and child.. Poland is a nice country, but only for tourists..

I totally dont agreee with u Van, even if u sayd "relatively".  Maybe u are student yet and u have reach parents, but when u start ur own life u will see differences.. Even "relatively" good payd polish job is less than minimum in country like norwegia or australia. U can ask, wtf am i still doing here, just go away to norwegia or finland, but here i have family and girlfriend, there i dont even know language and what quarantee to have job there? And maybe I am patriot ? LOL, still bigger patriot than ppl who work in other country, they forget their family language, and then they come back with millions euros, buy everything in polish shops and they say they are patriots xd  patriots, who cleaned up yankee's toilets ;]

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2014, 01:30 PM »
and what is really funny, in job I work now, was like 20 candidats , so I can say I m lucky to have that job xd