Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:31 PM

Author Topic: Finally some good news :)  (Read 654 times)

Offline TheKaren

Finally some good news :)
« on: August 10, 2017, 02:57 PM »
So, after submitting my latest song to 5 labels, these are the 5 responses I received :)

In order:

Declided - "Very interesting work here but we were looking for much heavier vibes to grab us for signing this tune to the label. "

Declined - "Solid tune overall! Intro caught my attention, kept me interested. A bit too minimal for DnB for my taste. Not a fan of the vocal samples. The melody at the drop was a great addition. Definitely in the right direction for an *NAME REMOVED* release but not quite the right one."

Declinded - "Hi thanks for sending across your demo, this is lacking a little energy for our liking or an element of deepness, we did like your track Move, a much better vibe and flow to this one and more to our liking. Although not sure if these are clips or not but your tracks seem rather short in the 2 minute region, we'd be looking for a minimum of 3:30+, ideally over 4 minutes. Regards, *NAMEREMOVED*"

Approved - "Hi Komito, thanks for your submission. Your track is very very interesting but can I listen more of you somewhere ? :) All the best, *NAMEREMOVED*"

Approved - "This track is awesome! Super unique sound design and super clean mix and master. We would love to set up a release for this. Hope to hear back!"

So yay! 2/5 want to release it, i'm on my way :)

Ofc will share it with you lovely people when it's released :D

Offline STRGRN

Re: Finally some good news :)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 03:00 PM »
huh

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Nice work, good to see the news is coming around for you finally

Offline nino

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 06:51 PM »
Congrats ae Amigo u go far ae.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 07:20 PM »
Yeah cheers lads :)

I've replied to both labels to see how they want to proceed, i've already made a decision on which I want to go for so let's hope it follows through ok.

I've had 2 professional releases already, but those were for sync catalogs, and offers from 3 labels before but turned them down as I felt unprepared for a career so this will be my 1st professional release that's gonna be through a record label :)

I am determined to do Drum & Bass what I done to BnG, and take it to the next level somehow, ofc this won't be as easy as learning a game, or anywhere near as fast, but that's what makes it more fun :D

Offline Hurz

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 09:49 PM »
gj

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 10:09 PM »
well done komito

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 06:28 AM »

Offline Triad

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 11:24 AM »
Great job man, congratulations. :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 01:38 PM »
Nice job Komo, keep it up :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.