Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:55 PM

Author Topic: Great book for free - Great Controversy  (Read 935 times)

Offline Rafka

Great book for free - Great Controversy
« on: February 09, 2020, 12:12 AM »
Who likes to read, or even who doesn't like. Read this book! It's different then any other one and it's the truth what it says :)
http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/GreatControversy.pdf

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
Re: Great book for free - Great Controversy
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 03:15 AM »
um... no.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 08:55 AM »
Omg even here religion bullshit...  :o

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 09:53 AM »
The author is a sectarian and many times a false prophet. No, don't read that book even who likes to read

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 02:28 PM »
... it's the truth what it says ...

Quote from: Laozi link=https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Tao
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 01:48 PM »
Seventh-Day Adventism is one of the more extreme formulations of Christianity, whose less attractive elements include creationism and the weird idea that judgement of souls began in 1844. In reality, the most significant event of 1844 was probably the completion of Mendelssohn's violin concerto  :)  I am also amused by the coincidence that the author of this book, Ellen White, shares her name with one of England's top women footballers.

More generally, however, Rafka is acting in accordance with the Great Commission with these posts of his, and in a non-denominational sense I support him. But instead of 7DA, you might like to check out Anglicanism, which is more sensible and credible; catholic AND reformed, it is the "middle way" that gives you the best of both worlds of Catholicism and Protestantism. If you're dissatisfied with a meaningless hedonistic and depressive life, open your mind and give Jesus a chance. And remember that God is not "a big man in outer space" (or "an object among objects" to use Aquinas's phrase) but the basis and foundation of existence as we know it, objective AND subjective. Don't go to science for explanations here, because this only deals with objective reality.

In terms of books to read, I read this one last year and thought it was very good. I don't know if a free e-version exists, but here it is:
https://spckpublishing.co.uk/how-can-i-believe
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:51 PM by MrTPenguin »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 03:26 PM »
One good thing I heard about Adventists is that they generally live longer, possibly due to vegetarianism. Can't treat Anglicanism seriously since it accepted sodomy, which is illegal according to Bible.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 06:05 PM »
I've come to view the sexuality issue as tedius and can't be bothered to read more about it. I think anglicans are divided on it, especially West (pro) vs Africa (anti), so it's another example of the Broad Church phenomenon (which isn't a bad thing). Most of the hard anti-gay stuff is in the OT, so if you think the NT is more important, the issue is less obvious. And even in terms of the OT, maybe it was debauchery/promiscuity of a general nature that caused the downfall of Sodom and Gomorroh, via STDs.

I would advise that people on both sides of the fence respect each others' opinions, and the best practical solution is probably to tolerate homosexuality within a "heteronormative" culture (i.e. don't promote it, like we do in the West).