Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:22 PM

Author Topic: Happy accidents...  (Read 1082 times)

Offline TheKaren

Happy accidents...
« on: September 05, 2017, 03:42 PM »
Sorry to disappoint the perverts, this isn't sexual...

So yeah, just talking about stuff here, things you didn't like immediately, or things you thought were gonna be a horrible experience, and turned out to be awesome, better than you expected, actually changed your life for the better somehow.

Here is a classic most people know:

"I went out with the lads expecting it to be some sh*t night but had the best night of my life dude!"

The most recent for me, would be kinslayer hosting the tournaments, which quickly increased Tournament popularity, and led to me trying my best to get streaming sorted out, which in turn led to Throsti hosting a Hysteria tournament just as I happened to be sitting doing nothing so streamed it, and found my new found passion for streaming Hysteria and helping to popularize it :)

I was just so disappointed at 1st, the way kins handled it, but turned out to be great!

I was talking about streaming before, but was really only thinking about simple streaming just so more people could watch Clanners, that was my original inspiration.

But streaming that Hysteria Tournament changed everything, wouldn't have got there if not trying to prepare for Elite Tournament...

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: Happy accidents...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 06:44 PM »

Lmfao, you are amazing mind reader. ;D

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:42 PM »
So yeah, just talking about stuff here, things you didn't like immediately, or things you thought were gonna be a horrible experience, and turned out to be awesome, better than you expected, actually changed your life for the better somehow.

Describes a lot of things in my life as I used to be extremely shy. I wait until other people or circumstances persuade me into doing things. Especially with getting used to going to concerts/gigs, and learning to drive.
x_+

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 02:17 PM »
I wait until other people or circumstances persuade me into doing things.

I can identify with you on this one :)
It's not called shyness tho. School example of laziness.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 03:48 AM »
Laziness is only one reason for procrastinating. Shyness or phobias can be reasons too, along with other things like not wanting to spend money until it's absolutely necessary.

Actually last week I recited a couple of my poetic songs at a bar and I wasn't even particularly nervous. 2 beers may have helped a bit but my shell has definitely worn thin.
x_+

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 04:23 AM »
Ye, alcohol tends to release you from pressure quite fast and by pretty large margine.
Bad thing, tho, would be if it starts to grow into a habbit.

Share some of those poetry with us man, I'm sure many ppl here would be glad to read it.

Online Godmax

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 09:51 AM »

Lmfao, you are amazing mind reader. ;D

Ah you pig

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 12:35 PM »
Share some of those poetry with us man, I'm sure many ppl here would be glad to read it.

Most that I've written can be found here. Some are totally silly, but some were worth memorising. I've recorded about half of them with accompanying noise music too.
x_+

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 12:54 PM »
Most that I've written can be found here.

"With the wind, the fighting turns.
A hunger for payback burns.
Don't be fooled by their size,
They've got guns and you're their prize.
From all directions comes a treat.
Exploding sheep, revenge is sweet."

Haha, good one. This chours deserved to get it's place somewhere in game.
And yeah, some of those are quite serious. Nice literature man.