Forums
April 25, 2024, 07:00 AM

Author Topic: help?  (Read 1246 times)

help?
« on: April 05, 2012, 02:37 AM »
my computer has been turning itself off... i first thought it was overheating because it was left on overnight(btw im not so great with computers) but tonight it happened when the computer was only on for about an hour

this only seems to happen while im playing worms, i dont hear any noises at all when it happens, its like i got minimized by a popup but the computers off

any1 know a possible cause?

Offline franz

Re: help?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:59 AM »
open your computer tower in an open area and blow out all dust, with compressed air if possible.  it could very likely be due to bad circulation, as this has happened to my computer -> the random shutting down, and me wondering wtf?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 01:10 PM »
Get a hardware Monitor and check the temperatures, be aware though that they can't deliver 100% accurate data but can give an idea on what's happening.
I personally use CPUID HWMonitor.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:17 PM »
buy new ram sticks, they're cheap. Change them all.

Or like anubis said, download a program that will tell you what piece of hardware is giving conflicts. Just google for "freeware hardware monitor" or something.

Do you get a blue screen with lots of text before your computer shuts down?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 02:23 PM »
no blue screen or anything just goes black out of nowhere

my tower barely fits in the cabinet and my house gets very smokey at times so it sounds like franz could be right, i think ill try cleaning it and getting a hardware monitor

thanks guys i hope this works, i sat out of a clanner last night just because i thought it might happen :/

Offline Guaton

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 03:58 PM »
clean it , thats gonna fix it , it happened to me some months ago , i asked chicken23 and he told me that , "clean it" xD,  i opened my laptop and it had a pillow of crap on the fan , a perfectly rectangular pillow lol , it was amazing cos i had never seen something like that haha

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 02:17 PM »
well its all cleaned out, was definitley alot of shit in the tower, today will be the test!

Offline franz

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 09:36 PM »
yeah, sounds like that was the culprit. I predict full recovery

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 12:59 AM »
you predict right :) thanks guys

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:11 AM »
my house gets very smokey at times
i think i found your issue: