Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:02 PM

Author Topic: Hey peeps, my band just dropped this single & music vid  (Read 793 times)

Hey peeps, my band just dropped this single & music vid
« on: February 08, 2019, 11:59 PM »
Haven't talked to any worms pals in a while; but hey to anyone who's still kicking! Been busy making music in Portland, OR for years now, takes a lot of time. We kind of revamped our band, changed the name to Superocean: a friend I've known for like 20 years joined as our bassist which is awesome.

It's dream pop, shoegaze, etc: lemme know if you like it! And if anyone could sub to the new YT channel, would be 👌

Offline TheKaren

Re: Hey peeps, my band just dropped this single & music vid
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 03:03 PM »
I really like the song, but the vocals seem a bit stuck behind the other elements of the song making them difficult to hear at times and a bit thin sounding, they need to have more presence and stand out more imo, but this could be what you are going for I dunno.

Good stuff!

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:02 AM »
Thanks Dave; and yeah I think that's partly our mixer's decision to go with minimal processing, like very little compression on any tracks. But the EP we made is sounding a lot more 'live' due to that, pretty stoked on it

Offline skunk3

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 05:38 AM »
Personally I think compression is extremely overused these days.

Also, not being able to quite hear shoegaze lyrics is kinda normal, lol.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 05:39 AM »
Also, the band name kinda reminds me of a new FX pedal I got a while back... the Mooer 'Ocean Machine.' :)