Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:32 PM

Poll

Do you think that the world is getting worse?

Yes
18 (66.7%)
No
6 (22.2%)
Slighlty
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Is the world getting worse?  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Kradie

Is the world getting worse?
« on: March 06, 2019, 10:22 AM »
When I ask the question ''Do you think that the world is getting worse?'' it can mean anything from evolution of man, the choices we make, social unrest, politics, religion, war & climate change.

From your standpoint, where you are in the world, and the intelligence you have at your disposal, what is your thoughts?

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Is the world getting worse?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 12:32 PM »
what is getting worse is how many threads like these you make... just go to reddit if you want to ask questions like these

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Even I can't be bothered writing all that is needed here...

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 04:14 PM »
what is getting worse is how many threads like these you make... just go to reddit if you want to ask questions like these
Charles, if you don't have anything useful to contribute to the topic, but just to follow & critique me. Then find yourself elsewhere, or take it up with the moderators. Last time I checked, TMC is not voice of this community, so there is no need to police around.

I sometime make topics like these, to harness an interesting debate about deep provoking topics. Freedom of speech for example. Your post is basically telling me to go somewhere else, because it seems like it is not welcomed here. You might have exhibited yourself in such manner by going after me because of validation by others. To be accepted as one of them. If you look to China and their social credit system, it is an alarming development, where citizens have to work and prove their worth for the Government's narrative vision of an equilibrium society. So for example, if you are low working class, or done something bad, or committed a petty crime, you will not be permitted to partake in certain restaurants, social activity like a concert, or be able to take the public transportation. See where I am going with this? So if you say to someone, don't post that here ''WE'' do not approve of it. It is like pulling the plug for the freedom of speech. This is a worms site too, where everyone should be allowed to post what they want within reason of course. I believe my topics are within ''reason''.

So yeah, the world is getting worse, the narrative of the left wing media, to control all citizen to fit their agenda, the global myth propaganda, and so on.

Oh, sorry, wall of text? Please don't hate on me & make the world worse, beautiful people.  :D

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 04:32 PM »
People worship PewdiePie and Minecrap, and accepts Grandaay as their messenger of "Minecrap" religion. :D
People cry for the Ninja's ligma death, but don't even shed a tear for dying children in Syria, Palestine and Iraq.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 05:05 PM »
Nowadays, instead of making history, people make sure it's clear.

Offline fraees

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 07:33 PM »
What's getting worse is the ability of governments to spy on and control citizens of their (and not only their!) countries, enhancing with terrific speed as technologies do. Orwellian world is just around the corner.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 07:52 PM by fraees »

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 02:14 AM »
I agree with TheMadCharles. You'll find better answers on reddit.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 09:26 AM »

or at redtube

Offline Kradie

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 09:26 AM »

If people keep referring other people to external websites to make topics, then there isn't any point of this forum. It is also true you will find better answers in particular topics elsewhere, but it doesn't hurt to challenge an intellectual conversation here as well.

What's getting worse is the ability of governments to spy on and control citizens of their (and not only their!) countries, enhancing with terrific speed as technologies do. Orwellian world is just around the corner.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when in comes to China, total control. I believe that they're trying to monitor human emotion & perhaps control it by having their citizen wearing caps.

Communism is extremely dangerous, it have never fully worked in the past. Communist parties are slowly rising here in Norway again, kind of scary tbh.

Offline nino

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 02:26 PM »
Porra Kradie!!!

:D

Good question ae!!! i dunno !! sorry!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 06:36 PM »
it doesn't hurt to challenge an intellectual conversation here as well.

Unfortunately, there are only a handful of people actually capable of debating these things in a civilized and intellectual manner, and I don't mean just on these forums.

The rest don't care, or don't have the ability to even begin to comprehend these things in todays society.

I can see their point about going to reddit, because why would you even want to initiate this kind of conversation in a community where people harass you for writing walls of text or saying anything meaningful about the human race.

What Adnan said, is pretty much how I view most gamers/younger generation these days, I know they aren't all like that, but most of them are, and if you challenge them, well, you saw what happens when you challenge people on their views and beliefs, examples of my engagements in the past on these forums prove that.

As soon as people feel like they are backed into a corner and can't change your mind, and can no longer provide any research/theory/facts/etc into the debate, they change the focus of the arguement/subject towards your character/personality/integrity.

Personally, the state of the world and the behaviour of humans in general is a topic I constantly find myself debating and talking about with people I know in person.

I feel like it's impossible to have these conversations with random strangers on a gaming forum in a civilized manner, especially when you are as opinionated as myself, most people just can't handle it.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 04:09 PM »
it doesn't hurt to challenge an intellectual conversation here as well.

Unfortunately, there are only a handful of people actually capable of debating these things in a civilized and intellectual manner, and I don't mean just on these forums.

The rest don't care, or don't have the ability to even begin to comprehend these things in todays society.

I can see their point about going to reddit, because why would you even want to initiate this kind of conversation in a community where people harass you for writing walls of text or saying anything meaningful about the human race.

What Adnan said, is pretty much how I view most gamers/younger generation these days, I know they aren't all like that, but most of them are, and if you challenge them, well, you saw what happens when you challenge people on their views and beliefs, examples of my engagements in the past on these forums prove that.

As soon as people feel like they are backed into a corner and can't change your mind, and can no longer provide any research/theory/facts/etc into the debate, they change the focus of the arguement/subject towards your character/personality/integrity.

Personally, the state of the world and the behaviour of humans in general is a topic I constantly find myself debating and talking about with people I know in person.

I feel like it's impossible to have these conversations with random strangers on a gaming forum in a civilized manner, especially when you are as opinionated as myself, most people just can't handle it.

Wow, I couldn't even agree even more. From my point of view, we're just on another level compared to other intellects, that doesn't have the capacity to engaged in a fruitful and expansive discussion. Therefore they choose the savage way, like a predator. But it is not their fault, it is just how they are built.

I admit I made the mistake of challenging the intelligence of this forum, while I do see that there are people here that are competent enough for mature discussion. But it's not enough.

Also, Komodo's whole point about people lacking intellect and interest in serious debate, is a fine example on the world is getting worse. Give it a couple of decades or centuries, our future offspring will be living the 2006 movie Idiocracy. 
Then again, no one here is forcing people here to partake in any debate, in time they will hopefully evolve, though I could be mistaken.

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 10:18 AM »
Statistically, no, the world is not getting worse. Extreme poverty, child labour, legal slavery are all going down, and the economy is growing faster than ever (not counting Europe).

What concerns me, however, is that humans are becoming less independent. We aren't embracing individualism anymore, or at least not on the level we should. We are letting the collective and the government keep us safe and make more decisions for us. This is dangerous, because it leads to us losing our ability to think for ourselves and handle difficult situations. It makes humans easier to control, both by government institutions and large corporations. Google wouldn't be the largest internet corporation if users were aware of their spionage, filter bubbles etc. and if they'd known how to avoid it (using alternatives such as Firefox, Opera, Duckduckgo etc.).

It's self-perpetuating problem because as we become worse at thinking critically, we become less skeptical to institutions and corporations, further letting them increase their influence on us.

Oh, and then there's also the fact that debate culture is constantly getting worse and focusing more on feelings than rational arguments like the other guys mentioned, preventing discussion of real issues such as this reach the light of day.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 03:37 PM »
Statistically, no, the world is not getting worse. Extreme poverty, child labour, legal slavery are all going down, and the economy is growing faster than ever (not counting Europe).

Can you show me some legit research/statistics on that please? That is great news if it's true but from what I saw it's not going down... I hope it's true.