Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:52 PM

Author Topic: Man question - Deodorant  (Read 1448 times)

Offline HHC

Man question - Deodorant
« on: October 07, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Does deodorant even work?  :o I didn't put any on today while visiting the museum. I have to say I didn't smell too bad, but yeah there was some odour. Came home and put some deo on and yeah, now I have a sick smell  :(
It seems mine works fine when I don't sweat at all. I just get a nice smell then. But as soon as it gets mixed with sweat all hell breaks lose. So yeah.
SWEAT = MEH
DEO = YEH
SWEAT + DEO = *VOMIT*
I don't really know what to do now. Just skip on the deo next time I go out? (knowing I'm gonna sweat). Or try another brand?
I don't use AXE, but it's the most popular out there. But yeah, there's folks who say that stuff smells foul as well.
Could use some man council?

What to use, when to use, how to use.

Offline style

Re: Man question - Deodorant
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 07:02 PM »
AXE used to be good, but not too good tho.
I always put in on after I've taken a shower, or when I go out. Best way to smell good is perfume. I got BOSS bottled and dior homme sport. They are really awesome, and I don't smell any bad when I come back home after a long day or something.
You should maybe try to use another brand.

Offline Pleiadian

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 07:08 PM »
Can't beat going eau naturale!

;D

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 08:02 PM »
put that **** around ur ****, smells good man

Offline avirex

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 09:39 PM »
style, perfume is often what the woman version of nice smelling spray is called...

a mans version is cologne (spelling me be wrong)   we all know what your talking about, im just letting you know for the future ;p

on topic:  if im going out to a bar/club/party, i like axe it has a nice strong manly smell, i cant tell you off hand which i like best, i usually just take a smell while at store of each and then decide, each time i may get a different one... (i always get the gel top one... not the one that u twist the bottom and beads of gel come out, but the stick thats just all a gel type bar that u can push up and down as needed.... its hard to explain, hope u understand)

i dont think axe really works well though if your planning on hard work, where you would sweat more then normal, in that case i use the dry stick, that seems to block smell better... the only problem is, you dont want to use a big amount, just one pass under each arm.. if you use too much and have hairy armpits liek me, it tends to clump in the hairs and can be very uncomfortable lol!

there has been days i have not used deodorante at all and went to work, and i have never had complaints that i smell... sometimes i would get a wiff of myself only if i lift my arms, but otherwise i dont think i put of a horrible constantly...   i have even asked a girl to take a sniff of my armpits after a days work with no deodorante lol, she said i dont smell good!! but its not like a smelled horrible, just smelled like a "working man" as she said lol...

but everyone is different, some sweat more then others, and smell worse then others...

i think spray cologne can be a bit overpowering, sure it has a nice smell, but even with just 1 small squirt, it can be overbearing, and smell as if your trying too hard to smell nice...

if you want a good product to smell nice, try curve lotion- they also make a cologne thats really nice, but as i said im not a big fan of cologne, i usually put a dime size (or less) amount on my finger, then rub it into my chest and neck...   i usually do that only when im going to have sex...  and girls love it :D give it a try!!    **rant over**

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 09:44 PM »
Yeah I hear ya avi. Cologne is a little too much IMO. The 'roller' sounds like a nice idea.

I'm definitely not trying that old shit again, that's for sure.

Offline Pleiadian

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 11:53 PM »
Sure Men Extra Cool Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Spray.

Offline Perfect

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 07:30 PM »
I'm glad their is finally a topic that I can provide some insight on. :)

Bart,

I've worked and lived in all sorts of climates ranging from dessert dry heat, humid and sticky, and it's opposites. Through the years I have invested in many avenues of antiperspirant and deodorant in a constant attempt to stay fresh. I don't mean rapper fresh, I just mean cleanly fresh in general.

Powder forms of deodorant are best. Don't use the gel types as they only last a few hours or less, depending on what you're doing. Just about all powder forms of deodorant are antiperspirant and contain a variation of aluminum-zirconium or, the more popular,  aluminium zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly (Why this is important I'll say in a bit). The roller types of deodorant reminds me of what they hand out to inmates in jail (better than nothing I suppose). I find the following powder stick forms of deodorant best:
1. Degree
2. Arm & Hammer Ultra Max
3. Old Spice
3./4. Axe
And I'm sure there are more or some regional popular brands which are just as great or better than these, so please do experiment when you find some sticks on sale.

As I find degree to be long lasting for my stinky needs, some believe the antiperspirant portion of these deodorants may not be so good for you. The aluminum in these deodorants work by blocking your sweat glands and so on; it's believed that the aluminum is also absorbed into your body. *Stepping it up..* Some believe the build of aluminum affects your pineal gland (aka, third eye), which could ultimately affect some 6th sense or higher spiritual self. *Stepping it down..* Alzheimer's disease is being looked at in different light in today's generation. Build up deposits of aluminum influences over time are believed to be a contributor to this disorienting disease. Bing it if you want more on the topics.

In the past few years, Degree released a new type of gel deodorant with Silver Ion technology. (yea.. ???) I tried it but didn't find it any better than regular gel deodorants (with and without antiperspirant). If you read about the amazing effects of colloidal silver, then perhaps you can admire Degree's attempt to introduce an alternative to eliminating odor causing microorganisms.

If you aren't using the powder stick form of deodorant, give it a try. If it still doesn't work for you, try trimming or shaving your armpit hairs (and use deodorant). Sure it can be emasculating... But ask any woman out there if they like armpit hair. Most will give you a nod and the face of disgust. You gotta do what you gotta do to stay fresh. 8)

And btw, I'm thrifty and I like to fully utilize the things I purchase and not waste, hence why I rotate some of my bars of deodorant lying around. I like to hope I one day find a cheaper version of Degree that meets my health, odor, and budget concerns. Until then, if I find it for super cheap, I may give it a try.

Also, Axe deodorant is pretty good, but I have found lots of assholes buy into this product. For that reason, if I go out, I don't want to smell like the herd.

Getting back on topic.. Don't put deodorant on if your armpits stink, because then it stinks pretty and awful at the same time. At least rag your pits down a few times or shower.

HHC, stay fresh my friend.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:37 PM by Perfect »

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 08:17 PM »
lolo ty Perf  ???

You went to the university of smelly armpits?  :-[ :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Haga great post!

Perf u ever try the mens lotion like  i suggested? Makes my nuts smell nice wen needed

Offline Perfect

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 04:46 AM »
I find men's lotion smelling too much like doctor's hands. I have a small 2 ounce bottle that I sometimes use for job interviews or so. I think the manly smell helps me stake my dominance on the first handshake. When I'm just regular Perf at home, I like to use St Ives lotion. That stuff is pretty good.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 05:06 AM »
Are you talking about unshaved armpits?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 08:31 AM »
Either? Is there a real difference?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 11:10 AM »
Armpit hair is supposed to have stronger smell and harder to manage? :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Peja

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 11:31 AM »
but without armpit air, sweat will run like a river in your armpit  ;D