Forums
April 18, 2024, 11:38 PM

Author Topic: Mental illnesses (my story)  (Read 1816 times)

Offline STRGRN

Re: Mental illnesses (my story)
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 11:59 AM »
Xrayez, the memories don't bother me... In fact those events helped me to become the intelligent, strong, competitive person I am today...

But the downside to the intelligence is knowing how humans act, that bothers me, it's constantly being betrayed in life cuz people are selfish and greedy, it's being able to predict bad situations unfolding accurately and not being able to do anything about it, being blindsided by love and NOT seeing it coming...

Today, right now, I just got back from LIDL, doing my shopping, as I walked from the checkout I saw 2 little boys like 7 years old or something, 1 of them was hiding, he jumped out on his father and the 2 kids, myself, and few others were laughing, the father got so angry and started yelling at his child calling him silly etc, imo that father doesn't even deserve those children, f**king taking away their innocence, creativity and humour...

I really felt like grabbing him by the throat and shouting so loud he'd literally piss himself... But ofc I didn't...

I don't really wanna die cuz I hate myself, it's cuz I hate the f**king world I live in...

intereresting story, but why the f did you go to lidl

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Hi voltage, thanks for share ur story, they say after the rain there will be sun and I hope it will happen for You,Komo and all  other ppl here living in the darkness.
I am kinda in depression too from long time, but I wouldnt really call it depression, my life is just dark and lonely, maybe thats the path I choosed somewhere there long time ago coz I definatelly was not raped or any of this dirty things did not happen to me. Yes, I had many bad experiences which I dont really want to share at public, I just can say that betrayals, problems with law, fake friends, fake loves, bad lucks (and I am not talking about worms here :D )and all that other shit are well known in my life.  Still the saddest time for me was after breaking up with my gf after 3 years of great time, I really loved her and was kinda sure she will be my wife and really nothing indicate that smt can go wrong, but in the f@#!ing new year she just left without 1 word and became totall stranger for me. Just like someone touched her with magic wand. Couldnt even know the reason why, nothing..   
So I decided to follow her, I followed her in job, in the car, in her free time, I was like a little spy coz i f@#!ing couldnt understand how could lovely girl which so many times cried and blocked the door when I was about to go home and she beg me to stay a little longer ..  now became total stranger, weird.  But yes, after some days of spying I saw her with another guy who spent night in her house, so all was clean for me, and then when I wanted to talk with her she just called police on me..  Really all girls are whores?
I was totally f@#!ed up, I felt like all I want is gone now, sorrow is all I have..   But it is already 10 months and I must say that time helps, it still  hurts and I dont think I want be in relationship again, coz it is really easier to live alone than feel the time it is over. 
This f@#!ing 2017 year started very bad for me, first girlfriend, then I lost like 40k in the poker and at bookmakers, like whole moneys I had, I even quit job as I am ski instructor in winter time but I really couldnt handle it, couldnt talk to ppl, make fake smiles with them, did not enjoy anything.
I dont take any pills, drugs or any other chemical shit, maybe they are good and help for start, but then it is even worse.  And sorry Xrayez but I dont believe in this "tapping" shit and in all that crap like "think positive , then it will be 100% good", yeah sure..   Tell it for 5 years dying kids with cancer, yes they sure die coz they did not think positive.. TOTAL CRAP imo
Music helps a lot for me, games, movies travelling,sport, kinda everything what YOu enjoy and make You feel better, if u dont like ur job - then quit it, do smt for urself and dont care about others opinions

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:17 PM by KinslayeR »

Offline Godmax

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 12:17 PM »
Bullshit you a sexlover we talked about it a lot during our wonderful matches you enjoyed the sexual fantasies big time

Offline Sensei

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 12:25 PM »
Let ppl talk, Godmax. This is not a thread for you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 12:27 PM »
intereresting story, but why the f did you go to lidl

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 12:36 PM »
i f@#!ing couldnt understand how could lovely girl which so many times cried and blocked the door when I was about to go home and she beg me to stay a little longer ..  now became total stranger, weird

This is EXACTLY part of what i'm going through right now too.

We cried together so much cuz we were so happy we found each other, and couldn't believe how amazing it felt when we were together, she literally clung onto me whenever i'd try to leave, she told me i'm the only person who ever truly understood her, even with all her problems, how I tore down all her barriers and made her feel safe and amazing again, how she wanted to marry me and have kids and a little cottage and a little collie dog, never before would I sit up literally for 5-6 hours just chatting and laughing like crazy, just lying cuddling for hours and hours every single second my heart burning with warmth and complete satisfaction...

I won't get into to much detail because not nice to talk about another persons personal life without permission, but 1 moment changed everything, and for few months so many other problems in her life took control and I don't know, maybe she was so stressed and upset and scared she couldn't hold it together with me, then 1 day I woke up she was gone, no letter, no goodbye, just gone, she blocked my number, my emails, everything, finally found out she's back in Wales living with her Dad, and still won't even talk to me.

I'll never be happy again, ever...

Offline Godmax

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 12:42 PM »
Let ppl talk, Godmax. This is not a thread for you.
When Kins is posting then sure it is

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 12:58 PM »
And sorry Xrayez but I dont believe in this "tapping" shit and in all that crap like "think positive , then it will be 100% good", yeah sure..   Tell it for 5 years dying kids with cancer, yes they sure die coz they did not think positive.. TOTAL CRAP imo
Music helps a lot for me, games, movies travelling,sport, kinda everything what YOu enjoy and make You feel better, if u dont like ur job - then quit it, do smt for urself and dont care about others opinions

This was exactly my thinking until I actually started to try this on myself.
Games, movies, sport are good coping skills in this regard, but I think it would be better to become free internally.

Make this little experiment:
  • Sit down, all by yourself, no distractions. Don't even move. Relax.
  • Now try make yourself feel good. Find something internally that would make you feel happy at the moment.
  • Now do the opposite. Make yourself feel bad internally.
What is your result? Do you find that making yourself feel bad is easier than feel good?
No wonder why we choose something external to feel better. Is this really freedom?

And about "positive thinking" part: do you know why you tend to reject it? Because internally you go through this kind of process:
  • Yeah I like this, but ...
  • Yeah sure, but what if ...
Negative overrides the positive. You can actually screw up your good memory that way, consciously or subconsciously.

Offline HHC

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 02:33 PM »
I don't see much good in the positivity-business either. I can only see it as something to get people's hopes up before reality kicks them in the face once again.. Positive feelings must come from within, if its not rooted there its just superficial, forced happiness.. a balloon waiting to be popped.
In that respect you are right though rayez, positive feelings are much more valuable than negative ones.. It's just that when you spread that message people will naturally resist it, because they feel that it doesn't acknowledge the negativity they experience.. Basically you are one step ahead  :-[

Focus should be IMO on tackling negative feelings, rather than inciting positive ones.

We all experience shitty things in life, the difference between happy and unhappy people mostly lies in the way they deal with the shit.
Basically, when something happens it's:
Event -> Reflection upon event -> emotion -> response to event (behaviour)

The event is the same for everyone, but everything that follows after is different.. and under your own control.
Example:
Event: a girl calls you an ugly f@#!tard

How a 'shy' person typically reacts: reflection (aff, why does this happen to me? I know i'm ugly but c'mon!) -> emotion (sad, self-hatred, angry) -> behavioral response (*bows head* and heads home for some emo-cutting  :-[)

How a 'happy' person likely reacts: reflection (what the f* is that bitch's problem? I'm not the most handsome in the world, but there are chicks who like me, so that can't be it. She probably has some issues that makes her act like a skank) -> emotion (*meh*) -> behavioral response (walk on, ignore the whole thing, go home and enjoy some music)

Basically, when you realize how this works you also realize that 95% of bad emotions you feel are unnecessary, unproductive, harmful bullshit that serve absolutely no purpose.

And to the young ppl here I can only say.. it gets better when you get older. At some point you stop giving a shit about other people's opinion and you do just as you please, because yeah, what's left to prove? It's a madhouse anyway.

Set one or two goals in life, that are short term and humble. If it blows up in your face, you simply start over, or with a new goal.
And everything else:

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 02:39 PM »
I
Basically, when you realize how this works you also realize that 95% of bad emotions you feel are unnecessary, unproductive, harmful bullshit that serve absolutely no purpose.

Nah, I disagree, you are talking about superficial things, vanity, materialism, etc...

I'm talking about betrayal, bullying, force, pain, real things that cannot be avoided by how you perceive your self-image or how others do.

Offline HHC

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 03:42 PM »
I'm talking about betrayal, bullying, force, pain, real things that cannot be avoided by how you perceive your self-image or how others do.

Of these only 'pain' is an emotion.
It's not bad or unjustified or whatever if you feel 'pain', it's more than human to feel pain, cause life is suffering and pain is almost a given of the human condition.
But are you doing yourself a favour when you let the pain influence decisions that you make?
For example, if you had a bad break up with a girl you absolutely love.. and in order to avoid the same pain you choose not to engage in new relationships ever again.. then, one must ask, are you doing yourself a favour by letting the pain take this decision for you?
I mean, I would respect the decision if it was made 'logically'.. if you had truly come to the conclusion that relationships, by principle, are not worth it cause they only bring harm to those involved. But IMO that one is hard to uphold. There are many types of relationships, even unhappy relationships sometimes last and have their own merits. Rather than discarding the entire idea of being in a relationship... wouldn't it make more sense to take the lessons you have learned from the pain, from the past relationship and use it to guard yourself against new pain in a new relationship, that also gives a fair share of happiness?

The world is full of people who have divorced or been in a painful break up. They all carry their own pain with them. AFAIK that doesn't disqualify them from a future positive relationship. One might even say that as they grow older, and experience more and more good things and bad things in the field of love, they grow more wise and know better what to expect in a relationship and how to make it so that both parties CAN enjoy it?

It's hard to get it right the first time. And it never hurts as much.

This is what I mean when I say that emotions tend to go over the top and become self-destructive. The pain in this case can help you set boundaries in your next relationship, or even enable you to understand and support others who have gone through the same thing. Or, as cruel as it sounds, help you 'grow' in life..
Mental growth is built on pain, on suffering. Ask Jesus  :-[
No person is as uninteresting and annoying as a person who hasn't experienced hardship in his life. People relate not with success, but with pain and suffering.

Point is, while things like pain, anger, sadness, etc. are all very real emotions, you always have to keep asking yourself whether they are not blocking you from making decisions that, logically, are better for your own well-being.

With fear for example. If you have a fear of heights it sometimes does its work just fine (climbing a really unstable, shoddy ladder is a bad idea, for ANYONE), while at other times its only blocking you (when for example you get the chance to climb a church tower and enjoy the view from up there, it's a nice experience, and the actual danger level is virtually 0).
A lot of people would act on the fear and skip both the ladder and the church tower experience. Others, who foolishly want to prove themselves, would neglect the fear and do both, possibly hurting themselves falling off the ladder or leaning just too far from the church tower's balcony  :D Logically ofcourse the best thing to do is skip the ladder, while still doing that tower trip (minding your step), even if it makes you feel SUPERSCARED.

Emotions should always be the bitch of the truth ;D

But unfortunately almost everyone experiences them as a force, that not put into words, remains vague, powerful and overwhelming. But when you put them on paper you see its weaknesses, its lack of 'truthfullness' and how, even if they make sense, are not helpful in life, and as such might just as well get pwned.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 05:01 PM »
From what i've saw in life, at least in this country, most people settle for less than they want, I don't, hopefully i'm wrong, of course, but knowing what I know, I strongly believe i'll never find a girl with all those specific qualities I love about a person ever again, it took me 31 years to find her, it's not like I haven't been out there and tried, i've dated hundreds of women, I know what I want from a relationship.

I won't ever be with someone for financial stability, or just to have kids, or just to look good.

The pain isn't making the decision for me, i'm thinking clearly and logically about my whole life and what I want, the only way i'll ever be happy like that again is if what I want in life will change.

This isn't me just going "Oooooo the pain is unbearable! I can't live without her!", it's me realizing from trial and error, what the perfect women for me is, and I don't think it exists, and if we can't have the perfect partner, wtf is the point?

There is no way i'll be in a relationship with someone who doesn't give/do what I want, and I wouldn't expect anyone to want to be with me if I don't do/give them what they want, it has to be mutual, perfectly, everything, political views, scientific interest, musical interests, sexual apetite, ambition, intelligence, passion, caring, hardworking, loyal, open-minded, spontaneous, animals, nature, space, the universe, everything... etc etc etc...

Most people are happy enough to have even a few of those, i'm not, probably what I want doesn't exist, but i'll die searching for it, I hope I find it, just don't think I will, there are too many variables in the human population/psyche...

I swear, wish I was born dumb as f**k, with no talent, no ambition, simple minded and simply pleased, nothing to worry about... To other people it's just crazy talk, but I really do know too much...

Offline lalo

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 12:51 PM »
And the I am very smart award goes to...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 01:53 PM »
When I say know too much, I mean about violence, pain suffering and can't stop worrrying about it, so maybe should just say wish I never knew about that stuff.

One way to help would be to stop caring about a lot of things but how can you do that without feeling selfish and nasty...