1 (16.7%)
The Lion King
0 (0%)
Aladdin
1 (16.7%)
Other
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Movie Remakes  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Kradie

Movie Remakes
« on: September 11, 2019, 01:29 PM »
I really dislike movie remakes of classic animation movies. I recently watched Aladdin 2019 and honestly I wasn't all that impressed. The ending was disappointing, it simply promoted Hollywood agenda that female is the future. This itself have been a trend in movies for over a decade now, where women gets to carry torches after men.

Original Disney animated movies had so much more charisma and emotion in them. So when you view the remakes, you will instantaneously feel safe and related because you already know what will happen and how everyone feel. The Lion King looks completely soulless and devoid of any emotion. So you have the source to look at, so you basically know how they feel in real life, although it is epic CGI no doubt.

The only remake I can get by is The Jungle Book, that's about it.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Korydex

Re: Movie Remakes
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 03:26 PM »
RaZ: decapitated babies! <3

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 03:30 PM »
Don't have to make a poll every time you open a thread.
For example, this particular poll is one of the worst I've seen.

Tron remake was good. Just because whole movie is about special effects.
Probably not many good remakes out there. That should be forbidden and ppl should stop supportting them with money for cinema tickets. Otherwise they'll just continue to release same cgi crap over and over.. Look at Jumanji.  :-X
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 03:36 PM by Sensei »

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 03:39 PM »
I miss the old days where movies were more like a form of art, something that people made because they loved making them, instead of what we have today: commercial and political trash that's all about who uses the most impressive cgi

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 05:27 PM »
You don't give the green light around here. IF you don't like my polls, and topics, simply avoid them.

I miss the old days where movies were more like a form of art, something that people made because they loved making them, instead of what we have today: commercial and political trash that's all about who uses the most impressive cgi
Indeed, just look at the third act of Avengers Endgame, where Captain Marvel have her whole LGBTQ behind her, representation and diversity. She just messes up all the enemies with ease, she even overpowers Thanos so that he is forced to use one infinity stone against her. Good thing I am done with the MCU now.

Tron remake was good. Just because whole movie is about special effects.
Probably not many good remakes out there. That should be forbidden and ppl should stop supportting them with money for cinema tickets. Otherwise they'll just continue to release same cgi crap over and over.. Look at Jumanji.  :-X
Tron was a CGI fest, and acceptable at best. People will continue to throw money where Nostalgia is being advertised. It is a greedy business practice. I want something original.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 06:27 PM »
You don't give the green light around here.

You're right. I'm only here to give red lights to decrease annoyance level.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 06:33 PM »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 11:27 PM »
Only movie remake that springs to mind that I actually enjoyed right now is The Day The Earth Stood Still with Keanu Reeves, loved it! There are probably a few if I thought about it though.

Disney movie remakes on the other hand, I used to think it's a business decision to make money, of course they probably love milking it and making as much money as possible but it's really just a way to inspire new appreciation for old classics.

I guess Disney films are considered classic stories, Shakespeare plays are always relived and reenacted, just like old songs by Elvis, The Beatles, James Brown, Michael Jackson etc are all classics and constantly covered & remixed, told in a new, fresh way, same story but apply modern creative and artistic methods. And it's a way for new upcoming actors and actresses to showcase their talent and be part of stories they loved in their childhood.

Personally speaking, I don't like any Disney remake, but I was a huge fan of Disney growing up, I loved me some Disney as a kid.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 11:33 PM »

You don't have to comment negative remarks every time someone opens a new thread saying something you don't agree with, but you do...

I can imagine if you had a shrink:

"And Kradie keeps making new threads I don't like every week... And Komo keeps saying things that I don't agree with... And Anubis keeps saying Worms Armageddon is dead, And Godmax won't stop talking about football...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'("

Whine whine whinge whine, it's all you ever do mate, cheer the f**k up  :D ;D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 12:27 AM »
You're defending Kradie cause he's turning into you,. With these 1 line quotes and caps locking pronouns.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 07:34 AM »
I'm defending him because he's a sentient being who isn't doing anything directly to harm anyone.

He is obviously curious and passionate, what you are doing is the equivalent of a parent telling their child to shutup because they ask too many questions.

I would do the same for you or anyone else if I saw someone constantly being negative to you or them without asking for it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:37 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline Aladdin

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 03:03 PM »

My movie for sure

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 06:44 PM »
I guess Disney films are considered classic stories, Shakespeare plays are always relived and reenacted, just like old songs by Elvis, The Beatles, James Brown, Michael Jackson etc are all classics and constantly covered & remixed, told in a new, fresh way, same story but apply modern creative and artistic methods. And it's a way for new upcoming actors and actresses to showcase their talent and be part of stories they loved in their childhood.

Personally speaking, I don't like any Disney remake, but I was a huge fan of Disney growing up, I loved me some Disney as a kid.

That's a good point. There have been tons of movies in the past that's been done over and over to fit the times it was released in I am sure that there will be new remakes of the current Disney movies. Heck, I would be so bold to say that Toy Story trilogy might receive a remake.
I bet the current generation that are growing up watching these movies might appreciate them more than the future remakes of say Aladdin 3 in 2040. Because I am the same, I watched some of the remakes because of curiosity, and I was for the most part disappointed. There's too much gender politics in these movies, it just sickens me.

You don't give the green light around here.

You're right. I'm only here to give red lights to decrease annoyance level.

IF you don't like my polls, and topics, simply avoid them.

You don't have to comment negative remarks every time someone opens a new thread saying something you don't agree with, but you do...
For a long period of time, there have been people in pursuit on some of the topics I make, giving nothing worth of contribution to it. At least there are people here that are capable of replying with decent enough intelligence to contribute. That's something I do appreciate.
There are topics and posts I would like to reply to, but choose not to. There's not always a reason to start fire somewhere, unless it's called for. 

I don't think I am like Komodo, but sure I can think, reflect and grow from what I have discovered through myself and others. So that I can perhaps give my opinion in detailed fashion if I want to. Rest, I am pretty happy, frantic and crazy mofo XD But if you can't roll with that, roll into the lava, because I got the high ground xD

Offline skunk3

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 08:25 PM »
The movie industry these days is complete garbage. Compare what gets released today with the stuff that came out in the 80's, 90's and very early 2000's. Today it's horrible in comparison. derp derp I need another superhero movie or some stupid reboot...

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 07:24 AM »
I pretty much just assume that remakes and reboots will be garbage by default. I wouldn't mind seeing The Lion King, since it looks very close to the original story so it's like re-watching that with funkier graphics. The Hannibal TV series was ok, but also hard to follow sometimes.

I can't think of any movie franchises where the 4th film and beyond were worthwhile either. I watched Mad Max: Fury Road recently and just didn't really get it - all action and hardly any story. I guess Wes Craven's New Nightmare was ok because it changed things up so much. Oh, and the Fargo TV series turned the film into a great franchise.

Ultimately it's more accurate to say I don't like much new stuff at all. I don't like Tarantino's recent tactic of jamming adolescent fantasies into history. I don't like most horror films from the past 25 years or so. I guess what I like most is quirky and off-kilter films with awkward dialogue - movies that aren't comedies but still have something to laugh at. So maybe the scripts and things are all too polished these days.
x_+