Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:05 PM

Author Topic: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash  (Read 11393 times)

Offline TheKaren

Re: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2019, 06:27 PM »
Why don't you just buy the last rope.

MWUhauHAUhauHAUhauHAUhauHUAhuahUAHUhauAa!

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2019, 06:38 PM »
You're not providing any feedback, the only thing you've been doing so far is criticizing the fact that the game contains micro transation,and you're judging mesiba for this. He's already stated that he ain't coming on these forums again due to your hostility towards him. While you were busy writing down all those bullshits thinking he has escaped because he earned a couple of bucks ( ??? ) he released a few updates, just to let you know. The fact he hasn't updated the game for 2 weeks it doesn't necessarily mean that he has left this game, he's probably working on it and this stuff requires time. Quit your f@#!ing hysteria, you sound like a bunch of annoying kid.
Lmao Sbaffo, you're a funny little f@#!er :D

Luckily for you, you're on the internet. If i were in front of you i'd have kicked your ass after saying something like that, has anyone ever taught you to have some respect? You probably have never been in the streets, kid.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:27 PM by Sbaffo »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2019, 09:16 PM »
I like the fact you say I haven't provided any feedback, then immediately contradicted that statement by saying i've been criticizing the game for having micro transactions lol.

I've actually gave out a few compliments as well, but you wouldn't notice that because you are too busy focusing on something you don't like.

How are you gonna kick anyone's ass when you get so emotional because someone doesn't like something you do? You can't even handle someone's opinion on the internet how the f@#! are you gonna control yourself in a fight? Threaten me like a f@#!ing amateur LOL

Offline Anubis

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2019, 11:18 PM »
I'm still playing, but I need about 58 million more coins to somewhat catch up with Sbaffo. It'll probably take me a month at the rate I'm playing. The progression was pretty linear/easy but this last jump is a grind. Would be more fun if there were more maps/ranks.. I reached Legend rank at 10000 points, now I'm still legend (maxed) at 21000 points, but nowhere near fully upgraded rope-wise.

Because that is the carrot on the stick, either pay money or grind your teeth out. How much do you value your time in comparison to the money. That is the end-goal of f2p games. They are specifically designed to make the grind as hard as possible without scaring you away, but long enough to encourage you to save time by spending money. Basically, it boils down to make the game as "bad" as possible if you don't spend money and the game as "good" as possible when you spend money. It's not a very hard to grasp concept either and if you accept this design prior to starting to play then it's fine. But when people start a f2p game and AFTERWARDS complain "oh no, the grind is so long/hard".. seriously. What did you expect? lol it is literally the sole purpose of the game design. Working as intended. I also play f2p games, but the ones I do I either know I won't have anywhere near as comfortable experience as someone that spends money or I like the game that much that I will pay money and feed on the f2p players that don't pay anything. It's subtle, but always apparent. Even one of the greatest f2p games you can play "Path of Exile" has a distinct paying method to have more stash space. Now you would think that is not really an advantage, but the way the game is designed you get flooded with valuable loot, currency and stuff that you run out of stash space and waste time managing your inventory by creating mule characters etc. I am always shocked this little trick gets people surprised but the most valuable currency you have, is your time. So designing a f2p game that takes away your time while offering methods to save time is incredibly profitable. Many people opt in to save time, who wouldn't. Your time is way more limiting than spending 10 bucks on a game to save 50 hours of useless grinding.

About the game: Looks fun, would play if I had mobile device. Probably even spend money on it because I love roping so much and would never settle with mediocre rope physics, why waste time and train a roping speed you will never want to master anyway, straight to the max speed. And I know, I don't really like these business model games (grind or pay, not really p2w) but a roping game is so niche I would pay 100 € for one. Make PC version and reap in my cash @developer. :P
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:30 PM by Anubis »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2019, 02:17 PM »
You're not providing any feedback, the only thing you've been doing so far is criticizing the fact that the game contains micro transation,and you're judging mesiba for this. He's already stated that he ain't coming on these forums again due to your hostility towards him. While you were busy writing down all those bullshits thinking he has escaped because he earned a couple of bucks ( ??? ) he released a few updates, just to let you know. The fact he hasn't updated the game for 2 weeks it doesn't necessarily mean that he has left this game, he's probably working on it and this stuff requires time. Quit your f@#!ing hysteria, you sound like a bunch of annoying kid.

Luckily for you, you're on the internet. If i were in front of you i'd have kicked your ass after saying something like that, has anyone ever taught you to have some respect? You probably have never been in the streets, kid.

Hostility? If you review some of your own posts here, I think you will be able to recognize hostility. You curse at people, you name people, and you threaten people with violence. Not everyone sees eye to eye, and there's no reason to lose your temper over that. It is better to remain calm, collective and accept the fact that people have different opinions. This is the Internet, get over it.

Mesiba's business practices and ideology is something I don't agree on. But I haven't dismissed the fact that he/she/it can be a good person.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Anubis

« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2019, 10:21 PM »

Hostility? If you review some of your own posts here, I think you will be able to recognize hostility. You curse at people, you name people, and you threaten people with violence. Not everyone sees eye to eye, and there's no reason to lose your temper over that. It is better to remain calm, collective and accept the fact that people have different opinions. This is the Internet, get over it.

Mesiba's business practices and ideology is something I don't agree on. But I haven't dismissed the fact that he/she/it can be a good person.

Game design/programming isn't a craft of love like 20+ years ago, it's a gigantic cooperate complex and you can't blame newcomers to the industry to copy/paste what currently works. In fact, I believe the majority wouldn't even be able to make games if they didn't copy what works in terms of business models, especially on the mobile market. It will vanish in due time, maybe by something better, or even worse. Personally I think Gaming is at a turning point, the greed has started to become too big and players worldwide wake up. Some will never, or they, did but don't care and just swallow what is presented to them. It doesn't really matter either way, and games come back to the roots, remastered games are becoming more popular.

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2019, 05:16 PM »
I got stuck at level 6 which is weird because you renamed it into another one, but it still appears in my menu. Whenever i try to play i get this xd

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2019, 06:21 PM »
Level 6 works for me. Did your game get an update?

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2019, 12:06 AM »
Ye i updated and i got stuck there xd

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2019, 06:19 AM »
I updated and the same thing happened. In "career mode" or whatever I played Immortal Snail twice, then Level 6, which is empty.  Level 6 no longer shows up on the Time Trial screen, but it must still exist as a hidden level.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2019, 12:02 PM »
There's another update now, level 6 bug is fixed.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2019, 12:27 AM »
Somehow I won this race even though it says I got a slower time than the guy in 2nd: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=75121362703199955305

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2019, 10:33 PM »
new update

Offline Kradie

« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2019, 04:01 PM »

Game design/programming isn't a craft of love like 20+ years ago, it's a gigantic cooperate complex and you can't blame newcomers to the industry to copy/paste what currently works. In fact, I believe the majority wouldn't even be able to make games if they didn't copy what works in terms of business models, especially on the mobile market. It will vanish in due time, maybe by something better, or even worse. Personally I think Gaming is at a turning point, the greed has started to become too big and players worldwide wake up. Some will never, or they, did but don't care and just swallow what is presented to them. It doesn't really matter either way, and games come back to the roots, remastered games are becoming more popular.

True, we can't blame new developers to manipulate players psychological, because we clearly see it works. Though as you pointed out, gamers nowadays are beginning to wake up and realize what worked for the investors, did not work for the players in the end.

People are starting to pay more attention to CD Projekt Red, the publisher and developer behind the Witcher game series, and the upcoming game Cyberpunk 2077. There are no DRM, microtransaction and other scummy tactics to devour the wallet content of their players. Heck, if you saw the standard edition of Cyperpunk 2077, you clearly get some extra stuff along such as stickers and posters I think it was. Other companies would charge extra for that.

Also look at this video here, kind of depressing.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2019, 06:17 PM »
C'mon, its a tiny phone app game, if you are taking an ethical stand on the state of microtransactions, you look foolish here.

I bet the same people against MT were the same ones boycotting shareware in the 1990's,  ;D

A bunch of nonsense, you guys need to occupy your time better, this forum is full of wind and less relevant every time I come here, a bunch of obtuse takes and complaining about nothing.

Someone tries to create something and people who have never created anything feel the need to knock the guy down.  If you are upset with how the development of the game is going, make your own game.  If not, don't feel the need to interject the same opinion over and over like it gets better with age.  No one is interested besides you.  People like me check into the thread to see how the game looks, not your continued opinions on the direction of the game industry. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 06:23 PM by TheWalrus »