Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:36 AM

Author Topic: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash  (Read 11654 times)

Online Sensei

Re: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2019, 07:09 PM »
C'mon, its a tiny phone app game, if you are taking an ethical stand on the state of microtransactions, you look foolish here.

I bet the same people against MT were the same ones boycotting shareware in the 1990's,  ;D

A bunch of nonsense, you guys need to occupy your time better, this forum is full of wind and less relevant every time I come here, a bunch of obtuse takes and complaining about nothing.

Someone tries to create something and people who have never created anything feel the need to knock the guy down.  If you are upset with how the development of the game is going, make your own game.  If not, don't feel the need to interject the same opinion over and over like it gets better with age.  No one is interested besides you.  People like me check into the thread to see how the game looks, not your continued opinions on the direction of the game industry.

I like when mr James drops in some wisdom every once in awhile. If you guys stated your opinion once and left the discussion, your voice would be taken into consideration. But having the need to repeat it few timea per forum page really makes you.. Awkward

Offline Anubis

« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2019, 09:48 PM »
C'mon, its a tiny phone app game, if you are taking an ethical stand on the state of microtransactions, you look foolish here.

Sharing, discussing and elaborating with other people around the world about a topic is very new and exciting in a forum, I know! Very rarely, if ever, there are opposing opinions and it can get heated up. Luckily all of us in here are gentlemen and don't discriminate anyone when we have different stances, right? :)

I bet the same people against MT were the same ones boycotting shareware in the 1990's,  ;D

I doubt there are a lot of people in their 40s here, I was born 1985 and one of the older guys in W:A, and in my 90s I had no time to think about shareware, or what that even was, or even have internet, let alone a PC or even then probably wouldn't care.

Someone tries to create something and people who have never created anything feel the need to knock the guy down.

Ah, the good old you have to be a cook to judge food. I can boil eggs!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2019, 10:11 PM »
Wow, talk about being a hypocrite...

I'll let the brains of the operation here figure that one out.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2019, 11:04 PM »
Wow, talk about being a hypocrite...

I'll let the brains of the operation here figure that one out.

Pretty much everyone is a hypocrite, unwillingly, unintentionally.. even unconsciously without realizing it. It's very common. You can even be a goodwill hypocrite, doing good things everywhere but with different intensity based on a slight difference in judgement, again this can happen unintentionally. It's also pretty much impossible to treat everyone/thing the same, unless you can forcefully project your emotions and thoughts at a constant level which in turn results in you being a robot, non-human. With that being said, having a somewhat coherent compass you are generally better off in society, but a truly unbiased and fair human... I haven't met or read about, I think it's impossible.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:09 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2019, 04:38 AM »
That's true, but sometimes it's done innocently enough, and other times it's blatantly ridiculous.

If I go into detail about why it's ridiculous right here, i'll get moaned at for going into such detail and being a nerd lol, you can't win.

And it's not like being against microtransactions & DLC is something that is a minority, literally millions of people around the world share this opinion, so it's a very legitimate arguement to be made, especially when it's in the forums of a game you are very passionate about!

I didn't take it personally and go in a huff when a certain person in this thread said my music was crap  :D :D

Like, whatever happened to confidence around here?   ;D

Offline Anubis

« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2019, 09:19 AM »
That's true, but sometimes it's done innocently enough, and other times it's blatantly ridiculous.

If I go into detail about why it's ridiculous right here, i'll get moaned at for going into such detail and being a nerd lol, you can't win.

And it's not like being against microtransactions & DLC is something that is a minority, literally millions of people around the world share this opinion, so it's a very legitimate arguement to be made, especially when it's in the forums of a game you are very passionate about!

I didn't take it personally and go in a huff when a certain person in this thread said my music was crap  :D :D

Like, whatever happened to confidence around here?   ;D

Trust me, there are people that enjoy your in-depth posts. Who cares what they think about your approach to discussing topics, no need to justify yourself, in fact, knowing this would encourage me to keep doing it just to annoy them because that's what they deserve when a completely irrelevant detail such as this gets on their nerves. You are not breaking the rules for posting in such a way. And let's be real, to get annoyed at lengthy texts is ridiculous, especially when it's well spaced and written. Maybe they don't want to read it all, but they believe if they don't they might not find that one sentence they can use against you to make you upset or to prove you are wrong. Wouldn't surprise me at all and gives you way more power than they have.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:23 AM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2019, 01:19 PM »
I couldn't agree more, but it's so obvious here I don't need to this time  :)

Offline Triad

« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2019, 08:19 PM »
True, we can't blame new developers to manipulate players psychological, because we clearly see it works. Though as you pointed out, gamers nowadays are beginning to wake up and realize what worked for the investors, did not work for the players in the end.

People are starting to pay more attention to CD Projekt Red, the publisher and developer behind the Witcher game series, and the upcoming game Cyberpunk 2077. There are no DRM, microtransaction and other scummy tactics to devour the wallet content of their players. Heck, if you saw the standard edition of Cyperpunk 2077, you clearly get some extra stuff along such as stickers and posters I think it was. Other companies would charge extra for that.

Also look at this video here, kind of depressing.

CDPR certainly offer better options to the customers than EA but I hate seeing them portrayed like some saint company. If you look it up, you'll see they treat their employees like shit, forcing them to work in shit conditions.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2019, 08:37 PM »
you'll see they treat their employees like shit, forcing them to work in shit conditions.

I was actually considering doing a programming course and aspiring to get into coding for games etc, but after hearing stories from a lot of people I know through other games and on steam etc, it really put me off... So many people having to work unpaid overtime, meeting ridiculous deadlines etc, that ain't for me man...

I wouldn't do it just as a hobby because coding requires a lot of time and patience, and I love doing music, playing games, watching TV so yeah that dream went floppy awful quickly :/

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2019, 04:20 AM »
What happened to all the ghosts? I'm getting matched against noobs almost every race now (Guest83393 etc).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2019, 02:02 PM »
What happened to all the ghosts? I'm getting matched against noobs almost every race now (Guest83393 etc).

How does the ghost system actually work? Does it only use ghosts from active players in the past week or something? If maybe the other good players got bored already and stopped playing that could be why you get paired against noobs?

This method would definitely save on server space if it removes old ghosts after a period of time.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2019, 03:38 PM »
Back in 2014, I played Clash of Clans. It was a fun and engaging game, and I am guessing it is still to this day.  But if I have kept playing, I might have been compelled to cash in to further my progress in the game. In these types of games, there is no endgame, only endless grinding and progression. If money is not an issue so who cares right? If player have average income, or if it is a student, you can't barely afford to make progress unless if you have the patience as a goat. People are more inclined to throw money over being patient. Because it is designed to dry you out, and many people fall victim to just that. Yet to my understanding, this is fine for some of you, and that the true victim is the author of Rope Clash, and EA e.g.

So when I look back at my month of Clash of Clans, I realize that I made the right call and quit. Otherwise, who knows how much I would have spent on it of the course of 5 years. It is just too inconceivable for me to believe that people pay to enhance their progress and level. While games of the past were made with pride and dignity.

Look, I am not debunking the possible fact that the author of Rope Clash, investors, companies, developers etc are all bad people. It is their job, and it has become the norm for them without understanding the dire ramification it can cause on human psyche. We the consumer are just numbers and statistic for them to move around in to a position where they get most of us milking.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2019, 04:43 PM »
That's why I stopped playing War Thunder... I absolutely love the gameplay itself, it looks stunning as well, but refuse to continue to be frustrated and annoyed by the economics of the game in general, it's ridiculous how long it takes to unlock some things, THEN you gotta unlock all the upgrades for that thing that took forever to get in the 1st place, annoying players into getting a premium account so they get x2 XP etc.

I f**king loved War Thunder gameplay... I'll probably play it again at some point and stick to the stuff i've unlocked, but generally I don't want to support a company that employs such an economic system  :'(

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2019, 05:41 PM »
I think the ghost system might have been recently changed to purge old replays like you said. Keep in mind the game hasn't officially released yet, so maybe when it does we'll have enough players that it won't be a problem. Right now most maps are polluted with those test guest ghosts, not actual players. You can go take a piss and come back and still win. It'd be nice if good runs were saved more permanently, instead of an indiscriminate wipe.

Currently there IS an endpoint - level 12, with the red white and blue rope fully upgraded, and Legendary ranking. I'm almost there and Sbaffo reached it weeks ago. Without progression, what will keep the game fresh? Hopefully there will be new timetrial chunks and new maps released periodically, or an improvement to the custom maps/sharing system.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2019, 06:28 PM »
Hopefully there will be new timetrial chunks and new maps released periodically, or an improvement to the custom maps/sharing system.

This feature alone could take several month to implement, not sure if Rope Clash is going to invest so much time at beta stage where feature set is frozen basically. But nothing prevents a good old rewrite. :D