Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:24 AM

Author Topic: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash  (Read 11672 times)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 02:05 PM »
We should wait and see what Mesiba says about that screenshot before jumping to conclusions. IMO it's a great game and it's fun to upgrade your rope as you progress naturally. As long as it's a level playing field once you're fully leveled up I'm okay with the microtransactions.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Mesiba, I think you'd earn more money by making game free and equal to all, but with added paid customizations like rope color/different characters.
Game have potential to attract wider audience but most of the ppl won't bother spending $ if it's p2w.
90% of ppl I know won't even bother installing it when they figure out it's p2w.

Think about it before releasing.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2019, 12:56 PM »
I thought so too Sensei & I agree.

But after reading the author's line

P2W has become a standard way to monetize in the mobile game industry, That's just the way it is.

Even if he did make changes to have cosmetic items for purchase, I still would be skeptical. Because he can easily reverse the changes. Game publisher have done this before, or had games with no p2w elements, and later add them. Because ''That's just the way it is''.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2019, 08:49 PM »
"Everybody else is a scumbag, so i'll be one too"

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2019, 11:05 PM »
Man this is such a cool concept , who thought roping could have ever been possible on a smartphone? :)
The real time trial is also so freaking fun! It needs only a few fixes/addition, i think themadcharles already pointed them out (although i disagree with your 3rd point, bouncing is fun booiiiii)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2019, 11:21 PM »
I did few runs this evening, and apparently broke some records. (?)
But don't know where to check them out? Is there leaderboards to see who's 1st on which map?
If not, you should add it. Especially cause game's concept is to compete against other ppl times :)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2019, 11:26 PM »
Finally someone who tried the game. IMO it's good not having a leaderboard and giving noobs the impression that they're breaking records. Do you want them to see that Cleroth finished a map in 14 seconds, when they're happy about beating it in 58? There could be a hidden leaderboard somewhere maybe.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2019, 11:45 PM »
Finally someone who tried the game. IMO it's good not having a leaderboard and giving noobs the impression that they're breaking records. Do you want them to see that Cleroth finished a map in 14 seconds, when they're happy about beating it in 58? There could be a hidden leaderboard somewhere maybe.

People should be able to voice their thought about anything without having to have tried it. It doesn't make a valid opinion about the business practice of the game invalid. People that are interested, should be aware,  that is why being critical is important. Because who would want to follow so blindly as a money tool for a game publiser, who's sole purpose is to dry their customer wallets out, and even admitting to it.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2019, 12:10 AM »

While I do see point you're making, still am strongly against it.
With that attitude, I wouldn't be part of this community now. Worms would be long forgotten if I didn't have chance to catch some pros flying around the map and killing me with every weapon from every angle they could think of.

Imo, noobs need to experience some buttkicking from time to time. Otherwise, what's the point?

But, it's devs decision anyway.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2019, 12:55 AM »
People are of course free to voice their opinions. I'm just trying to give Mesiba the benefit of the doubt (devil's advocate), since it seems he's just about done with this thread. He's made a very good game and I dont want to scare him off. Also trying not to disrespect my worms friends here. To an outsider we can appear collectively (myself included) as a rabid, obsessive, sometimes unreasonable fanbase. I don't think anyone in this thread has said anything too unreasonable, but the collective impact of all those posts at once is probably overwhelming.

Just realized it's only been 1 day since Mesiba's last post. This thread moves fast!  I'm not too worried about p2w issues but am still hoping for clarification on one thing... and then hopefully we can move on to other aspects of the game.

My only unresolved question: will the 5000 coin "prestige boost" ever give a player higher stats than a normal non-paying player who has earned full rope stats? I think (and hope) the answer is no but would like confirmation.

@Sensei: noobs are already going to have their butts kicked. Cleroth and StepS have been owning me nearly every race and I've been roping over 15 years. It's a minor point which I'm willing to concede. One would normally expect a prominent leaderboard in a game like this, but I think it's fine without one.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:04 AM by j0e »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2019, 03:14 AM »
I've got some suggestions:

-The rope physics aren't perfect. They are too much like Worms Reloaded physics. Ideally should strive to emulate Worms Armageddon physics when stats are maxed as much as will work on a touchscreen. The main problem is the inability to get vertical momentum, which greatly limits the variety of moves/tricks you can do with the rope, and instead rewards unskilled rope techniques like climbing by shooting straight up and reeling the rope in. These are my observations with the fully specced red (1st) rope. I'm sure the rope gets better, but I think this shortcoming is systemic. I never dreamt roping could work as well on a touchscreen as this game does, so you deserve lots of credit.

-Allow a player to pinch to zoom in/out before race starts. The vertical map with the circles is zoomed in too far - you can't see where you're aiming.

-Ability to challenge someone to a time trial race (turn-based). Both players simultaneously do their turn alone, then the game combines those 2 ghosts and plays them back. Would be good with betting coins and/or gems. The higher your rank the more you're allowed to bet. Could be done with matchmaking system (rank based) or friends list. Rank would be affected proportionally when winning/losing based on the difference of the players' ranks - for example a high-ranked player would get few points for beating a low-ranked player, but lose a lot for losing.

-Practice mode - no timer, just rope around and collect coins on a map of your choice. Include some unique non-race style maps -- see tus-wa.com "warmer" maps for inspiration.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:24 AM by j0e »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2019, 04:01 AM »
I'm quite sure this guy is only interested in ideas that make quick money, not ideas that use up his time and effort to make the game better for the players.

Which is a shame cuz a lot of the ideas in this thread are spot on.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2019, 01:37 PM »
You're able to aim down too, but only if character is touching floor. Is this what developer wanted or it's physics glitch?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2019, 02:36 PM »
People are of course free to voice their opinions. I'm just trying to give Mesiba the benefit of the doubt (devil's advocate), since it seems he's just about done with this thread. He's made a very good game and I dont want to scare him off. Also trying not to disrespect my worms friends here. To an outsider we can appear collectively (myself included) as a rabid, obsessive, sometimes unreasonable fanbase. I don't think anyone in this thread has said anything too unreasonable, but the collective impact of all those posts at once is probably overwhelming.

Just realized it's only been 1 day since Mesiba's last post. This thread moves fast!  I'm not too worried about p2w issues but am still hoping for clarification on one thing... and then hopefully we can move on to other aspects of the game.

My only unresolved question: will the 5000 coin "prestige boost" ever give a player higher stats than a normal non-paying player who has earned full rope stats? I think (and hope) the answer is no but would like confirmation.

I would not classify anyone in this topic as ''rabid, obsessive, sometimes unreasonable fan.'' All I ever did was to voice my thoughts, and give critique. If this user Mesiba cannot handle legit concerns and opinion, it does not belong on the Internet, and does not make a great front for his game, or anything in the gaming industry with such mindset.

We all here are not a collective, you and I are certainly not one, and we don't see eye to eye on some things.  To me, it seems like you endorse microtransaction and p2w mechanics. It feels like you want to bury this element of the game, and focus on the positive. To turn a blind eye to something negative, will only make it grow and fester, and pay to win is certainly not a good thing. You don't seem to care of how such ideology of microtransaction affects adults, but particular children who are more susceptible to shady monetization. There's no reason to train kids to gamble.  Apparently, this is the way of the world, and you seem to embrace it.

Luckily, as I stated earlier, this whole microtransaction business, is being blocked, banned in certain countries, and some countries such as the US are pursuing new laws to make it illegal for people under the age of 18 to play.