Forums > Off Topic

New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash

<< < (2/31) > >>

h3oCharles:
hmm, seems interesting, I might give this a try

h3oCharles:
double post... whatever :/

first impressions: the rope physics are pretty accurate, but controls are a bit wonky... unreliable? probably cuz i'm not used to playing touchscreen
also, there's a pay2win element of rope upgrades... I'm not mad, just disappointed (at the mobile game meta)

suggestions in no particular order:
1. add an option to swap places with the d-pad and tapping button (in WA, left hand is tapping, right hand is moving)
2. instead of a thumbstick for movement, use a d-pad?
3. add more punishment for landing on walls
4. add a button to force the camera to always focus on the player (just like CTRL+Home in WA)
5. add Google Play achievements?
6. add leaderboards with times
7. if you land on the ground, add a crosshair that can be aimed with the d-pad which will show where you will fire the rope
8. not really a suggestion, but you misspelled - "challange friends" -> "challenge friends"

also hi Tomi, I may have sniped a couple of your times

TheKomodo:
Seriously, there are f@#!ing microtransactions in this to upgrade your rope???

If you can pay, to "upgrade your rope" which makes you more accurate/faster, or whatever... Then F**K THAT GAME!

Can someone confirm?

Edit - Like, if you can buy cosmetics that isn't so bad, but if you can upgrade your rope that's a bit shitty, I thought the rope would just be static physics.

h3oCharles:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on May 26, 2019, 02:37 PM ---Seriously, there are f@#!ing microtransactions in this to upgrade your rope???

If you can pay, to "upgrade your rope" which makes you more accurate/faster, or whatever... Then F**K THAT GAME!

Can someone confirm?

Edit - Like, if you can buy cosmetics that isn't so bad, but if you can upgrade your rope that's a bit shitty, I thought the rope would just be static physics.

--- End quote ---

You can upgrade the swing speed, extension/contraction speeds (in-game called push/pull speeds), and rope length. They cost coins that you can get by playing the game OR you can get coins with gems, which are p2w. I started with 200 gems (idk why, maybe early access?) and I maxed out my rope in prestige level 1 by buying 20k coins for 30 gems.

There are also skins that cost gems, starting from 20 gems per skin. They are just cosmetics.

Yeah...

j0e:
This is awesome. Ghost race against other players is great! I like how it matches you against ghostruns of similar skill levels. I've been wanting a rope game for my phone for a long time! The controls work surprisingly well.

Bugs: 
-when the game asks you to rate the game, nothing happens when you select yes
-level 6 doesn't have a name ("level 6")

My suggestions (will edit as i think of more. Edit: this post is becoming a mess):
-add an indication of what place you're currently in (1st, 2nd etc)
-this may be because my rope isn't fully upgraded yet, but it seems hard to get vertical momentum to do fast climbs.  I could upgrade my rope with the gems but prefer to earn the coins.
-very smart that you didn't call this "rope race clash" - this leaves the option to add more game modes other than just racing

Comments:
-(just wondering) - how do you currently earn the purple gems other than by buying them? they're insanely valuable compared to the coins. I assume we only start with 200 gems for testing purposes - this is enough to buy all the rope upgrades right off the bat probably.  Would be nice to get a free gem when you come in first, or something.
-i love that you can save up to buy new actual ropes too. i'm hoping that that starts your upgrades back off at 0 so you have new stuff to work for

--- Quote from: TMC ---1. add an option to swap places with the d-pad and tapping button (in WA, left hand is tapping, right hand is moving)
--- End quote ---
This would be nice.

--- Quote from: TMC ---3. add more punishment for landing on walls
--- End quote ---
Maybe as you gain experience.. I have to say the ability to roll down curved walls and floors is really fun. Perhaps in order to afford the best rope upgrades, you'd have to take stat points off the rope's forgiveness. Alternatively you could have a special meter that gets pumped up when you rope fast/well, which would allow you to roll/hit your head without being punished. Would take some thought to get right. I think most people will want quite a bit of forgiveness, since it's a mobile game.

--- Quote from: TMC ---7. if you land on the ground, add a crosshair that can be aimed with the d-pad which will show where you will fire the rope
--- End quote ---
Definitely this, please. And the ability to jump!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version