Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:04 PM

Author Topic: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash  (Read 11376 times)

Offline MesibaGames

Hi guys,
I'm working on a new rope racing game for mobile, currently at Beta stage
Gameplay video:

Google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mesibagames.ropeclash
I would love to get some early feedback from you guys :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 04:41 PM by MesibaGames »

Offline TheKaren

Re: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 07:19 PM »
For a mobile that actually looks alright :D

Is that multiplayer like against other players?

Offline Tomi

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Man, this is incredibly good ;) the first game i installed on mobile :D i enjoy it very much :D you are pro dev ^^ good bye boring meetings xd

Offline Tomi

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 09:06 PM »
Who is cleroth and pro roper? :D

Offline MesibaGames

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 09:09 PM »
Thanks!
yeah that's multiplayer against other players, but not real-time, that's against other people's ghosts
Pro Roper is actually me :D

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 10:42 PM »
hmm, seems interesting, I might give this a try

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 01:13 PM »
double post... whatever :/

first impressions: the rope physics are pretty accurate, but controls are a bit wonky... unreliable? probably cuz i'm not used to playing touchscreen
also, there's a pay2win element of rope upgrades... I'm not mad, just disappointed (at the mobile game meta)

suggestions in no particular order:
1. add an option to swap places with the d-pad and tapping button (in WA, left hand is tapping, right hand is moving)
2. instead of a thumbstick for movement, use a d-pad?
3. add more punishment for landing on walls
4. add a button to force the camera to always focus on the player (just like CTRL+Home in WA)
5. add Google Play achievements?
6. add leaderboards with times
7. if you land on the ground, add a crosshair that can be aimed with the d-pad which will show where you will fire the rope
8. not really a suggestion, but you misspelled - "challange friends" -> "challenge friends"

also hi Tomi, I may have sniped a couple of your times
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:06 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 02:37 PM »
Seriously, there are f@#!ing microtransactions in this to upgrade your rope???

If you can pay, to "upgrade your rope" which makes you more accurate/faster, or whatever... Then F**K THAT GAME!

Can someone confirm?

Edit - Like, if you can buy cosmetics that isn't so bad, but if you can upgrade your rope that's a bit shitty, I thought the rope would just be static physics.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:54 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 08:00 PM »
Seriously, there are f@#!ing microtransactions in this to upgrade your rope???

If you can pay, to "upgrade your rope" which makes you more accurate/faster, or whatever... Then F**K THAT GAME!

Can someone confirm?

Edit - Like, if you can buy cosmetics that isn't so bad, but if you can upgrade your rope that's a bit shitty, I thought the rope would just be static physics.

You can upgrade the swing speed, extension/contraction speeds (in-game called push/pull speeds), and rope length. They cost coins that you can get by playing the game OR you can get coins with gems, which are p2w. I started with 200 gems (idk why, maybe early access?) and I maxed out my rope in prestige level 1 by buying 20k coins for 30 gems.

There are also skins that cost gems, starting from 20 gems per skin. They are just cosmetics.

Yeah...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:03 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 11:56 PM »
This is awesome. Ghost race against other players is great! I like how it matches you against ghostruns of similar skill levels. I've been wanting a rope game for my phone for a long time! The controls work surprisingly well.

Bugs: 
-when the game asks you to rate the game, nothing happens when you select yes
-level 6 doesn't have a name ("level 6")

My suggestions (will edit as i think of more. Edit: this post is becoming a mess):
-add an indication of what place you're currently in (1st, 2nd etc)
-this may be because my rope isn't fully upgraded yet, but it seems hard to get vertical momentum to do fast climbs.  I could upgrade my rope with the gems but prefer to earn the coins.
-very smart that you didn't call this "rope race clash" - this leaves the option to add more game modes other than just racing

Comments:
-(just wondering) - how do you currently earn the purple gems other than by buying them? they're insanely valuable compared to the coins. I assume we only start with 200 gems for testing purposes - this is enough to buy all the rope upgrades right off the bat probably.  Would be nice to get a free gem when you come in first, or something.
-i love that you can save up to buy new actual ropes too. i'm hoping that that starts your upgrades back off at 0 so you have new stuff to work for

Quote from: TMC
1. add an option to swap places with the d-pad and tapping button (in WA, left hand is tapping, right hand is moving)
This would be nice.

3. add more punishment for landing on walls
Maybe as you gain experience.. I have to say the ability to roll down curved walls and floors is really fun. Perhaps in order to afford the best rope upgrades, you'd have to take stat points off the rope's forgiveness. Alternatively you could have a special meter that gets pumped up when you rope fast/well, which would allow you to roll/hit your head without being punished. Would take some thought to get right. I think most people will want quite a bit of forgiveness, since it's a mobile game.

7. if you land on the ground, add a crosshair that can be aimed with the d-pad which will show where you will fire the rope
Definitely this, please. And the ability to jump!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 02:14 AM by j0e »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 01:05 AM »
Great game, mesibagames! I'm not the big mobile player but this did the trick. Especially seeing familiar names in records list. I hope someone will dethrone cleroth soon, he's a biggest douchebag in wormnet. :)

Will let you know about possible bugs/glitches if found any. Charles did thorough testing already, it seems.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2019, 01:20 AM »
To hell with ''all'' mobile games that offers pay to win microtransaction. Pay for better roping mechanism? HELL NO bra.

Good thing countries are getting more aware of these gambling elements in PC & mobile games.
And a US Senator Josh Holly is working on a litigation bill to prevent further the process of gambling in games.

Otherwise, game seems decent, looks wonky and slow though.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 01:23 AM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 01:29 AM »
To hell with ''all'' mobile games that offers pay to win microtransaction. Pay for better roping mechanism? HELL NO bra.

Good thing countries are getting more aware of these gambling elements in PC & mobile games.
And a US Senator Josh Holly is working on a litigation bill to prevent further the process of gambling in games.

Otherwise, game seems decent, looks wonky and slow though.

You're right in theory/ideology, but this game is not pay to win. Give it a try, it's awesome! No parachute either so should be right up your alley ;)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2019, 01:46 AM »
You're right in theory/ideology, but this game is not pay to win.

You can upgrade the swing speed, extension/contraction speeds (in-game called push/pull speeds), and rope length. They cost coins that you can get by playing the game OR you can get coins with gems, which are p2w.

So which is it then?

If the rope physics get better as the game progresses, and you can buy the progress instantly, then this is the definition of "pay 2 win".

It's psychological manipulation, and it's lame as f@#!, some people in the world cannot resist wasting their money on shit like this.

People make money through the implementation of the skinner box psychology in their games, this reminds me of skunk3 talking about gaming being unhealthy for some people and this is one of major reasons why gaming is addictive for some people, it can lead to other games with RNG purchases and f@#!ing gambling and i'm glad some people are trying to pass laws to prevent it.

Unfortunately many people in the world aren't smart enough to even realize wtf is going on here, they just consume like sheep.

I don't see any real reason to have this feature in the game, progress the rope physics, and it's a dealbreaker for me personally.

The game itself looks impressive, hats off to the guys dedication and skill to make a game, but this guys morals to implement progressive purchasing in my opinion ruin what could be a special thing.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 01:49 AM »
You're right in theory/ideology, but this game is not pay to win.

You can upgrade the swing speed, extension/contraction speeds (in-game called push/pull speeds), and rope length. They cost coins that you can get by playing the game OR you can get coins with gems, which are p2w.

So which is it then?

If the rope physics get better as the game progresses, and you can buy the progress instantly, then this is the definition of "pay 2 win".
You only race against people with the same ranking as you, so it doesn't really matter. You don't see people's crazy fast times until you are at approximately equal footing.

Also you progress by collecting coins really quickly. I've been playing for an hour and I'm probably halfway to maxing out all my stats. Actually I hope there's enough to keep working for in the future to keep me playing. More ropes, more expensive upgrades. Hopefully it tops out just like the worms 2 rope.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 01:55 AM by j0e »