Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:33 AM

Author Topic: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash  (Read 11387 times)

Offline h3oCharles

Re: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2019, 05:04 PM »
I'm quite sure this guy is only interested in ideas that make quick money, not ideas that use up his time and effort to make the game better for the players.

Which is a shame cuz a lot of the ideas in this thread are spot on.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2019, 09:00 AM »
Sorry for being offtopic but you might find the following hilarious about microtransactions. :D

Background: an actual developer makes a simulator game that allows you to make a virtual gamedev company (something like SimCity) and someone files a feature proposal about it, so don't be confused:
https://github.com/binogure-studio/city-game-studio-i18n/issues/143

Quote from: BIGEYES92
Being able to add micro transactions and loot boxes to games And deciding if they are cosmetics or pay to win, You could control the loot box percentage too. This could be great also if the competitors are being very greedy and Putting all of this stuff in their new games, and you could become the only developer the fans trust by making games, that don't give in to these greedy tactics, and maybe fans will start boycotting these greedy game developers and eventually they try not being greedy. Just a thought but it would be fun to play out

Offline Sensei

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2019, 11:34 AM »
Time trial mode should have third option when pressing pause.  - restart button!

When you don't start properly and wanna quit, you should be able to get back to it instantly and not going to main menu which takes lot of clicks and scrolls :)

That'd be good addition to the game if it's still possible to code it.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 11:36 AM by Sensei »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2019, 11:46 AM »
Any profile should be linked to an unique ID even when changing nick, i changed my nick and now i have to beat my self which is f@#!ing impossible hahaha

Offline Sensei

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2019, 11:49 AM »
Leaderboards are pretty messed up or I'm holding records on almost every map in the game haha. We should make a thread with all map times so I know what to beat. Nice grinding sbaffo! Level 11 is your style, rr at its finest! As game goes further, maps look more like wa and rope physics as well. Getting hooked here!

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2019, 12:07 PM »
I've noticed you gain more rope speed the longer the rope is. That's backwards to how WA's rope works where short ropes generate speed.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2019, 12:26 PM »
There's lot of times where long ropes in wa will get you from A to B faster than short ones. For example elevators in big rr and horizonal extensions in ttrr. Rope clash feels nice for doing shadows, spikes, wizards.. Even pinis. But it lacks swing power, at least in this stage of rope. You can't even do simplest arch, not to mention going for mexis, dragons.. Impossible atm.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Leaderboards are pretty messed up or I'm holding records on almost every map in the game haha. We should make a thread with all map times so I know what to beat. Nice grinding sbaffo! Level 11 is your style, rr at its finest! As game goes further, maps look more like wa and rope physics as well. Getting hooked here!
When you reach the next prestige level you'll probably face tougher ghost times. That is if anyone has caught up to you yet. I was winning every race easily, but then reached gold (level 3) and each race is a struggle not to come in last place again. I love how this game stays challenging.. would have thought I'd have maxed out and be owning ages ago.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 02:04 PM by j0e »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2019, 04:57 PM »
I have an impression that whenever the rope is attacked under your character it doesn't swap the left and right arrow just like happens in WA, that's why most of the times you can't extend or do such things.

Offline Aladdin

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2019, 09:20 PM »
Would be cool if it was with worms design, hehe
But I liked it anyway  :D

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2019, 03:25 AM »
In case noone saw this, you can make your own maps.

Quote from: Rope Clash facebook page
Guide to creating and sharing a custom map:

1. Create your map using your favorite graphics editor, the background needs to be transparent (with alpha = 0), while the walls and obstacles need to be opaque (alpha = 255)
2. Export your map as PNG
3. Use the Android share feature to share the map with the RopeClash app
4. After sharing, when the RopeClash app opens, a special menu should appear. choose where the starting point and finish line of your custom map
5. Test or Share your map and your'e done!

Another quick suggestion: put the name of the level in the after-race summary screen. Otherwise there's no way to tell so we can't use screenshots to prove fastest times in our leaderboard thread.

And one more: enlarge the diameter of the circle where directional touch input is detected on the D-Pad/joystick. My thumb keeps wandering outside of the circle and then no directional input is used at all.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:19 AM by j0e »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2019, 06:50 PM »
More feedback:
-More levels please! I've got all 15 unlocked but still a looong time to go until I've unlocked all the ropes.

-Custom maps:
  • Some larger maps make the game hang at "Creating map, please wait..." For example https://ibb.co/GPC13sG and https://ibb.co/s1PT8TJ
  • When the game freezes at creating map screen, there's no "cancel button" or timeout - you have to force-close Rope Clash. You should add a warning "map exceeds processing limits - try reducing size or number of colors" if the map is not going to work
  • The "image resolution" slider is awesome, but not quite obvious enough that it exists
  • The start position and rope attach point, and finish marker, should only be placeable on transparent portions of the level.
  • After playing a custom map, either a new button or the "challenge friends" button should let you share the map with the Rope Clash app for others to play and race against your ghost. This would be awesome. You might want to limit the number of custom maps a "free" user can play per day, so that this doesn't kill your sales of map expansions.
  • Add a way to save your custom map inside Rope Clash so you don't have to import it every time
  • It would be very useful to add a button "use black as transparent" on the custom map loading screen. The Worms community has tens of thousands of custom maps, but they all use black as the background (transparent) color. Right now any map has to be edited in a fancy image editor like Photoshop to be used in Rope Clash.
  • You could sell an "advanced map tools" DLC/upgrade that lets you add booby traps, gravity wells, trampolines, speed boosts (fans?), etc to your custom map.
  • Custom maps need to be better integrated into the game, so it's as convenient as possible and more widely used. The more useful the custom maps feature, the longer people will stay, and that usually means they will spend more money

I do hope that during special times/events we'll have the chance to earn those purple gems, which will let us save up to buy any otherwise pay item (like map upgrades). Ideally if someone is skilled enough and plays enough, they won't have to spend anything to fully enjoy the game. That will help the game reach a wider audience since to people in 3rd world countries $5 USD is a month's wage. The more players, the more competition, and the more people seeking an edge that they might pay for. This game is pay to win, but it's also awesome. I'm fine with P2W as long as nonpaying people can still compete (ie. if a naturally fully upgraded rope is equal to the best paid rope).

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2019, 06:57 PM »
Lmfao, you've been sucked in and manipulated so easily :D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Lmfao, you've been sucked in and manipulated so easily :D

It is actually shocking and depressing to witness that people allow themselves to be manipulated. People's mind are so fragile and weak, the only truth they see is the limited parameters that's made for them.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sensei

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2019, 07:33 PM »
Lol. You 2 should chill a bit. None of us spent any money yet. And if dev decides to make paid customizations without any of p2w microtransactions, I'll be the first to support the game cause it's awesome. Until then, it's just f2p grinding. Don't wanna pay for any kind of advantage.