Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:21 AM

Author Topic: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash  (Read 11374 times)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2019, 03:03 AM »
Sure, if I have 3 hours I'd pull my laptop out. If I have 5 minutes or even 30 minutes I'm not playing WA - for that hassle there's nothing new for me to experience, no more magic. ProjectX still gives me that experience, but it's hard to find games, and it has poor compatibility/performance. I really want 3.8 to come out and for this new scheme format to be taken advantage of.

Does anyone know if it would be technically possible to add ghost racing to WA?

Remember the line ''Limited parameters'' j0e? I think you are exhibiting this trait wonderfully in your post. There's tons of magic left in WA. But with a narrow mind that has exhausted all most resources within the parameters, then it is hard to see past the horizon.  But you and others do not allow yourselves to go beyond, but instead clinging to the usual worn out phrase''None of my friends plays WA anymore. WA is dead''. It is not, regular dudes like you and I still plays it. Try something new, venture into the unknown.

Sure some of my friends don't play much or nothing at all anymore, but that's not to say the game is dead. It is the pursuit of activity you ride on, and what you take with you, will be part of the ride. I play a variety of scheme, particularly Zar schemes, it is the scheme people often come to my game for. A beacon of activity and fun. You need to find your beacon, as well as everyone else. The past is dead, get over it.

Ghost racing huh? Sounds like a module that could be made.

Also WA is superior, compared to this inferior PC rope clash. duh.

People carry laptop easily in backpacks....  ::)
WA is not dead, it's still fun and I still play it. But I've explored just about every game mode/mod over the past 19 years. When 3.8 is released we'll finally be able to play Rubberworm games with any random noob (provided they have 3.8), and it opens the doors for a ProjectX-like mod or built in scripting in the future. 3.8 is going to radically change the type of games being hosted. More people are going to be having more fun. The last update was in 2012 - people see that date when they log in. Now they'll see 2019 and be more likely to stick around.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2019, 03:34 AM »
Replays are better than ghosts anyway, you can do so much more with a replay.

From what i've saw, the ghosts give you some sort of feeling that you are playing against other people live, but this is like a magic trick, an illusion, and once you know the truth, it's not as exciting or wonderful.

I do not take pleasure in comparing Rope Clash to WA and calling it inferior, it is only an inferior game because WA is like the holy grail of roping physics, I don't think anything will ever match it, there is no shame in this.

I am still impressed by a lot of individual aspects of this game, but personally more interested in Xrayez project.

Maybe, who knows, one day Mesiba will make something we all love?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2019, 03:46 AM »

From what i've saw, the ghosts give you some sort of feeling that you are playing against other people live, but this is like a magic trick, an illusion, and once you know the truth, it's not as exciting or wonderful.

I do not take pleasure in comparing Rope Clash to WA and calling it inferior, it is only an inferior game because WA is like the holy grail of roping physics, I don't think anything will ever match it, there is no shame in this.

I am still impressed by a lot of individual aspects of this game, but personally more interested in Xrayez project.

Maybe, who knows, one day Mesiba will make something we all love?
Rope Clash lets you race against your own best ghost in time trial mode. That is excellent because you see exactly where your roping is less than optimal. Replays are amazing and a crucial part of WA's continued success - nobody would argue that - but ghost racing in addition would be great. I really doubt that it's possible though.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2019, 03:55 AM »

Ghost racing is more common than you think. I remember back in Mario Kart 64 time trial mode. You race against your own ghost, and that was pretty cool. Perhaps something like that could be implemented. into WA. But if you are to race against others, you would need their replay.

There are no displeasure stating certain facts. Though World War 2 did happen, I do not take pleasure acknowledging such facts. But then again, maybe we all wouldn't be here if it wasn't for WWII. Neither would Rope Clash.... But stating obvious facts, or ehm objective opinion, can be a form of encouragement. So I took pleasure stating something I am proud of, and I hope the author isn't crying about it and make it better and remove p2w element.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2019, 04:09 AM »
Rope Clash lets you race against your own best ghost in time trial mode. That is excellent because you see exactly where your roping is less than optimal.

In replays you can pause it, set markers, play it in slow motion to see exactly what's happening frame by frame, hear exactly when spacebar is being pressed, you can even extract video and overlay it with other videos like what Cueshark or whoever it was done, to see real time races with previous times, if you need that kind of ghost and comparison.

Ghost racing is more common than you think. I remember back in Mario Kart 64 time trial mode. You race against your own ghost, and that was pretty cool. Perhaps something like that could be implemented. into WA. But if you are to race against others, you would need their replay.

I'm not talking about other games i'm comparing a single PC game against a single mobile phone game, fully aware of ghost racing, especially being a fan of Gamesmaster, Action Replay and other older stuff.

The ghosts are useful in Rope Clash on the phone and other games that don't save games in the same way WA does, where you can't download entire games and watch them with such brilliant control and free will, because phones and consoles don't save replays in the same way.

However compared to what WA can do, i'm just expressing why WA is vastly superior.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2019, 01:32 PM »
Suggestion: add "retry" button after time trial races.

Time trial is the only mode that works offline. Right now the game keeps trying to take you back into online mode after every timetrial race.

Also if using a timetrial hyperlink someone posted you have to keep minimizing Rope Clash to re-click the link if you want to try again. Adding a "retry" button would fix both problems.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2019, 04:08 PM »
Suggestion: add "retry" button after time trial races.

Time trial is the only mode that works offline. Right now the game keeps trying to take you back into online mode after every timetrial race.

Also if using a timetrial hyperlink someone posted you have to keep minimizing Rope Clash to re-click the link if you want to try again. Adding a "retry" button would fix both problems.

Proposed few pages ago.

Spoiler! View
Time trial mode should have third option when pressing pause.  - restart button!

When you don't start properly and wanna quit, you should be able to get back to it instantly and not going to main menu which takes lot of clicks and scrolls :)

That'd be good addition to the game if it's still possible to code it.

Told you ppl gonna want it, Mesiba! :)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2019, 06:35 PM »
Add more maps
Add more ranks
Update ghosts more often
Add retry button
Improve custom map support & sharing

And return to these forums! No entrepreneur has ever succeeded by hiding like a coward.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Thought this game would last longer than it has.

I actually feel bad, guy has a legit potentially awesome game here and he couldn't care less... f@#!ing money grabbers...

Offline Kradie

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2019, 11:02 AM »
If only the author can grow pair and take responsibility, and address the issues at hand. Which is already mentioned several times here.

I am sure someone from the worms community with higher morals and standard can make something better.

In the end, majority of all mobile games out there are bad and filthy clones of one another.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2019, 03:20 PM »
Why don't you let this guy do his job while you shut the f@#! up

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2019, 03:52 PM »
Thought this game would last longer than it has.

I actually feel bad, guy has a legit potentially awesome game here and he couldn't care less... f@#!ing money grabbers...
Not dead - it hasn't even been released properly yet. It's in beta still.

This forum is literally the only place on the internet where anyone is giving a shit about Rope Clash though. Really strange that Mesiba is not capitalizing on that free momentum/hype. Maybe he's working on his next game already.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2019, 05:05 PM »
Why don't you let this guy do his job while you shut the f@#! up

To silence critics can be like inviting ignorance. Critics are here to present, encourage and provide feedback and concerns in areas of potential fault that lies with the artist's craft. Unless if it is purely il-intentioned, then it is invalid. Though, this is the gray area, where people have problems to differentiate from what is constructive criticism and concern vs malice.

Mesiba is simply not qualified as a spokesperson as far as I can tell in terms of proper communication. He has already profited by some die hard fans of his money milking machine on these forums. Or by some other duped souls out there.

If 'IT'' is to return, it is likely A) Ignore all the concerns of microstransactions and so on. B) Make a guilt post that he or other will post for him. C) Man up, and address everything and be cool about it. I much prefer option C.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2019, 05:29 PM »
Lmao Sbaffo, you're a funny little f@#!er :D

j0e, I was talking about how quickly the hype faded.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2019, 05:46 PM »
I'm still playing, but I need about 58 million more coins to somewhat catch up with Sbaffo. It'll probably take me a month at the rate I'm playing. The progression was pretty linear/easy but this last jump is a grind. Would be more fun if there were more maps/ranks.. I reached Legend rank at 10000 points, now I'm still legend (maxed) at 21000 points, but nowhere near fully upgraded rope-wise.