Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:23 PM

Author Topic: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash  (Read 11391 times)

Offline TheKaren

Re: New Multiplayer Rope Racing game for mobile - Rope Clash
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Without progression, what will keep the game fresh?

I guess this is where you will be charged for additional content, DLC  ::)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2019, 10:33 PM »
Without progression, what will keep the game fresh?

I guess this is where you will be charged for additional content, DLC  ::)
There's already a feature to import your own custom maps, it's just not implemented very conveniently yet.

How else do you expect Mesiba to make any money? Should he work for free? Microtransactions and DLC is the only way. Nobody's going to buy a game upfront from an unknown games publisher. Nobody wants forced video ads. Banners don't pay shit. You yourself just said you didn't become a game developer because it's too hard to make any money..

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2019, 11:40 PM »
You yourself just said you didn't become a game developer because it's too hard to make any money..

No I didn't, I think you need to read what I wrote again  ::)

Why does it always have to be about money anyway? We're talking about keeping the game interesting for people who play the game, not making money for the person who made it.

Edit - Which I now realize I was the one who mentioned money *facepalm*  ;D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:17 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2019, 12:43 AM »
You yourself just said you didn't become a game developer because it's too hard to make any money..

No I didn't, I think you need to read what I wrote again  ::)

Why does it always have to be about money anyway? We're talking about keeping the game interesting for people who play the game, not making money for the person who made it.
Do you have any ideas? I thought you suggested DLC sarcastically ;)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2019, 01:47 PM »
It was sarcastic yeah lol.

I don't know how many people play the game, or how well/fast this guy can code, amongst other things.

But i'd try to get live multiplayer working with proper standings/rankings.

Personally i'd try to develop the game into more than just Roping, like have some artillery weapons and stuff as well so you could do shoppers/ropers and stuff as well, and maybe basic artillery schemes like BnG, Elite etc.

That would be the main things i'd need to even think about playing the game to begin with(seeing if supporting a game with paid DLC is worth it, for it's "free" features) let alone play it longer lol.

If it had even those things, i'd definitely pay like £20 to buy the game, rather than progression unlocks and stuff, that's what makes a game so good to me when everything comes standard and you have to earn extras by being good at the game, and no payment option to get those things faster which in turn just makes getting them standard by playing slower than usual, which is the psychology thing manipulating players to save time by buying.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:01 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Saint

« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2019, 12:32 PM »
I cant download :(

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2019, 09:52 PM »
New update. I've tested it and it looks interesting, however it's still on beta.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2019, 10:39 PM »
I cannot believe that there are brainless support for monetizationis of this game. EA & Activision would be proud. Be proud whoever you are that fuels and encourages this madness to the future generation of gamers.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2019, 05:05 PM »
I cannot believe that there are brainless support for monetizationis of this game. EA & Activision would be proud. Be proud whoever you are that fuels and encourages this madness to the future generation of gamers.

Oook man

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2019, 06:47 AM »
This game is great. Competitive races whenever you want, with no waiting around. I've been playing it pretty steadily in little snippets since it was released. The rope is good enough to satisfy my roping cravings. I like using the basic brown rope for extra challenge.  Spent $0 so far.. but I'll probably make that $1.29 minimum purchase to get rid of the video ads (just added) at some point. Right now they're still very infrequent.

There have been at least 10 updates since this thread was created, and Mesiba has been implementing some of our suggestions. He's working hard and improving the game. Call me brainwashed but I don't mind giving him 5 minutes worth of my wages for all that work and the many hours of sweet mobile roping.

Next improvements I want to see are more levels, improved custom map support and sharing, and different timetrial map segments.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2019, 08:48 AM »
That's all fair, and it's awesome he's working hard.

But you say these video adverts are a new addition to the game? That's lame man, call me old fashioned or whatever but video games shouldn't have video ads, period.

It's like, every time I see that he's added or done something good, he's done something bad as well...

Look at Twitch, most people can't watch a single streamer without being bombarded with adverts  :'(

Thank f**k for adblocker  :D

But you know what, if he's improving the game for the people who don't mind all that stuff, that's great :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2019, 03:57 PM »
You were happy when your song hit radio stations, right? Aren't radios filled with ads? More than anything.. Shouldn't your song streamed on one of those stations be totally opposite of principles you're  standing by?

I think you and kradie at this point just trying to stick with opinions from beggining of the thread cause it's hard to go back at this point. :) At least you tried in last post. Gj mesiba, haven't played in months but could reinstall one of these days.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2019, 04:28 PM »
I do not think I have disputed that this developer is skilled in what he does. I am sure he and many others are educated in the con arts of swindling players with ''Pride & Accomplishment'' As EA adequately put it. I probably sound mean, harsh and blunt, but I can't be sorry for this. Why? Serious things as online gambling, surprise mechanics, milking players from money should not be sugar coated and encouraged. It should be confronted and addressed. I do confess myself disappointed because this is the reality of the world we live in now.  But what can I do? Nothing.... Only shout in the mass deluded crowd and get angry looks and silenced.

I used to love this wallpaper app on android, it was great, non-intrusive advertisement, but they were present but not overwhelming. Over time it got a lot worse, because each time I picked a wallpaper, video started to play, and Jesus that was annoying.  So I stopped using it. But it also got me thinking.... Why don't app developers make it so that users can decide how much ads they want to see? For example: Default mode non intrusive ads, but still there, and you can crank up the ad meter. That way people have the choice to support it more and be more comfortable with it.

Well that's a way to do it, still there would be ads. Although I prefer to pay full price anyway and be done with it.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2019, 06:25 PM »
You were happy when your song hit radio stations, right? Aren't radios filled with ads? More than anything.. Shouldn't your song streamed on one of those stations be totally opposite of principles you're  standing by?

I think you and kradie at this point just trying to stick with opinions from beggining of the thread cause it's hard to go back at this point. :) At least you tried in last post. Gj mesiba, haven't played in months but could reinstall one of these days.

The radio stations my music were on are ad-free, plus, I upload all my music for free download lol.

Nice try though  :P

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2023, 02:43 PM »
Narcissistic personality disorder...

Not the 1st time someone has threw that at me lol, and sure as hell won't be the last, it's amusing.

I do not think I am important, nobody is important, nothing is important, at least no more important than anyone or anything else. Talking about "importance" is something humans created, humans generally believe they are more important than all other species on the planet, many humans believe they are more important than other humans of a certain skin colour, or where they come from, or how much money they have, and people dare to call me f@#!ing narsissistic! This is the problem with most people, they have it f@#!ing backwards lol, they think just because a person knows a lot, and can confidently talk about how they know a lot, that they think they are more important, it's just knowledge, knowledge gained because they f@#!ing bothered to learn it in the 1st place.

Right now I don't even have a job, and I am still doing things for free for friends helping out streamers, making music, hosting a gaming server, putting hours of work in just to make other people happy! Because I like to see other people having a good time as long as they are not toxic!

I do not need excessive attention and admiration, otherwise I would be trying to get my music signed by record labels, and making shitty pop music, working on my body to become more attractive, have billions of friends on Facebook, while the truth is I just don't give a f@#! what people think about me, I don't want to talk nice about someone to their face and talk shit about them behind their back, I don't want to tell the couple on Facebook they are the most beautiful couple i've ever saw, because they aren't, I will however mention they look happy together! I don't spend an hour taking 500 pictures for my profile picture like most young people.

I strive on criticism, I love learning from people better and smarter than me, and generally spend my time finding people who know more than I do so I can learn from them and become more experienced in the things I enjoy! That's why I enjoy debating so often because I enjoy being challenged and i've learned a lot over the years by doing so, i'm not scared to have someone call me names because my opinion and experiences don't suit them LOL.

A lack of empathy... I sometimes just cry at night thinking about people who don't have what I have, i'm broke but I still have parents who have been together almost 50 years, who showed me love and hard work growing up, I have a roof over my head, an education, the possibility to do anything I desire(within reason), and thinking about animal cruelty, sex & human trafficking, people who literally have no control over their life, bullied and beaten every day, who don't have a family that loves them, people who have life threatening diseases, the list goes on... It's the reason why i'm so f@#!ing angry and depressed a lot of the time, because the world is mostly a fake reality in order to ignore the real suffering that the majority of the human race must go through, so that the smallest percentage can have it all...

When I see someone else in pain, and I mean real pain, like fearing for their life, being emotionally scarred for life, being in so much pain because of some other evil f@#!! It f@#!ing hits me hard...

I care more than you will ever think about other people.

Note: I am writing the following in response to TheKomodo's decision to discuss himself and dispute the claims of being labeled a narcissist. However, allow me to serve as an advocate for all those individuals who have referred to TheKomodo as a narcissist, within the framework of promoting the greater good of the public. For all the readers: feel free to quote anything below in the future. I am raising this topic for awareness purposes because I too had doubts about TheKomodo being a narcissist, and my findings confirm this. Therefore, I cannot overlook this. Drawing from my experience in identifying narcissistic behavior, please regard the following as my complimentary consulting service.

Dear TheKomodo, aka Komito, aka komo

What you have just described about yourself is not just narcissism but communal narcissism specifically. Communal narcissists present themselves as altruistic, caring, and extremely community-minded. However, oftentimes, such activities are merely means to achieve power and control in the future for communal narcissists, rather than a genuine concern for others. Communal narcissism is often associated with the concept of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

The fact that you mention this publicly is a sign that you feel insecure about being a narcissist, and it's no wonder why people label you as such. Because of this, you also exhibit signs of vulnerable narcissism, particularly when you constantly discuss your emotional traumas (which you have talked about extensively; this information is public), particularly in ways to deflect criticism and receive compassion from your peers, sometimes even playing a victim. You may have even been victimized in the past, which is unfortunate and sad, and under normal circumstances, victims deserve compassion. But instead of addressing your childhood emotional traumas, you tend to unknowingly harm others and remain oblivious to the reasons behind it. Unresolved traumas lead to situations where people hurt others. Hurt people hurt other people. The victim becomes the abuser. It's the cycle described in many psychology books.

Of course, if you ever come across my expression of this viewpoint, you will probably deflect and project the label of narcissist onto someone other than yourself. This is a typical narcissistic tactic. Much of the undeserved criticism directed towards others could easily be turned and applied to you. Your usual defense mechanism phrases include "You are acting selfish" or "You are extremely ignorant," and you expect people not to take offense because you are deluding yourself into believing that you possess moral superiority in various aspects of life. For instance, when you proclaim:

I care more than you will ever think about other people.

it demonstrates this sense of communal narcissism. Also, you constantly attempt to show superiority in covert ways, such as your phrase:

I've also said before and will say it again, there are lots of people smarter than me and just as smart as me, but you don't really see them hanging out on a Worms Armageddon forum, because well, look at it lol.

You insinuate that there are no individuals as intelligent as you in the Worms Armageddon forum. Despite acknowledging the existence of smarter individuals, you still maintain this sense of superiority at least on the level of W:A community. However, this admission may merely be another facade, and deep down, you might genuinely believe that you possess all-encompassing knowledge. I recall how you mentioned having access to hidden knowledge not available to ordinary people or possessing supernatural abilities like mind reading. For instance, when someone discusses a topic that you lack understanding of, you respond with, "Ah, I know this, but you simply used different words to describe what I already know." I find this quite amusing, I must say.

Mind you, you claim to appreciate criticism, but your words do not align with your actions. When people point out inconsistencies in your claims and you fail to address them, it portrays you as a hypocrite. You do not genuinely enjoy being challenged; instead, you relish in making strawman arguments to discredit others and satisfy your narcissistic hunger. When you encounter someone who can genuinely challenge your beliefs, you turn them into enemies.

You once stated that you would rather save a pet than a human baby from a burning house, which contradicts your principles of caring for other people. Komito, if you read this, know that you still have an opportunity to heal yourself. Otherwise, you will end up as a misanthrope for the rest of your life. Perhaps I am actually doing you a favor here, as it may contribute to your further refinement as a narcissist. However, if you refuse to heal yourself by looking inside yourself, it becomes my ethical duty to inform others about your behavior. People should be aware of it.

Expect Komito to "fabricate" crimes against those who expose him as a narcissist (through generalization, misinterpretation, etc.) and spread slander about them in private, as that is typically what individuals like him do once they are properly exposed. Komito is correct in stating that he thrives on criticism, but he conveniently overlooks one crucial distinction: each instance of criticism allows him to fortify his false image. Drawing from my experience in the W:A community, which may not be as extensive as Komito's but is nevertheless significant, he will likely perceive my opinion of him as a threat to his narcissistic image, also known as the False Self. However, if he possesses enough intelligence, he may choose not to engage in such behavior and instead move on to seek the next source of narcissistic supply; other people who are oblivious to his personality.

I'm extremely disappointed. Turns out the caring image that Komito created about himself it just a facade. It is almost impossible to determine whether Komito's behavior stems from ignorance or malevolence, and whether he has good intentions in mind, but consequences of his actions suggest the pessimistic outcome.

You were happy when your song hit radio stations, right? Aren't radios filled with ads? More than anything.. Shouldn't your song streamed on one of those stations be totally opposite of principles you're standing by?

What I have observed about Komito (notice how he has changed nicknames over the years, likely due to the shame of being exposed), is that what he says often contradicts his actions. Initially, he may engage in certain activities for free, but once he gains more power and influence, you can be certain that he will become the same capitalist that he claims to despise. In reality, he is merely envious of people who have achieved some level of (financial) success.

It is commendable to question unethical microtransaction practices in games. However, adopting a fanatical communist stance is also not a practical solution, which comprises the majority of Komito's narratives on this topic.