Forums > Off Topic

Operating System?

(1/2) > >>

Kradie:
Windows 7 Extended support has ended today January 14th. It got me thinking, what OS are you using? Are you still running Windows 7 or older? If so then why?

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-7-is-no-longer-supported-beginning-today

Korydex:
Will use 7 until its totally impo to use it. Then might switch to some linux. Cos 7 is the last 'usable' one imo. Btw my favorite would be 2000, it's like XP, which already had everything you needed, without the gimmicks. And 98 for old games.

Bloopy:
Win7 on my desktop is my main one. I apply the policy that if something's not broken, it doesn't need fixing. Even if the next 'good' Windows doesn't use a lot more resources, it'd still be noticeable. My PC might last me a very long time given I don't really play new games though.

I have Win10 on my laptop and haven't died. I use it for work and reading Facebook or posting/editing photos when I'm away, and it's been fine.

skunk3:
I use Windows 10 and it works fine. It definitely does hog more resources than older versions but I have a slightly more capable PC these days. Personally I think that Windows XP was the greatest.

AduN:
the almighty linux+wine is my favorite choise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version