Forums
April 19, 2024, 06:55 PM

Author Topic: Police in Brasil (Welcome World Curp 2014!)  (Read 827 times)

Police in Brasil (Welcome World Curp 2014!)
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Police in Brasil, preparing ("cleaning") the country for the World Cup 2014:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=634731429943273&set=vb.102998609783227

Offline darKz

Re: Police in Brasil (Welcome World Curp 2014!)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 08:05 PM »
The circumstances aren't any better in Quatar either..
What beats me is why they're holding World Cups in countries which are apparently not suited for them (no offense to any Brazilians, I love you porras) - there's lots of countries with better conditions in terms of security, infrastructure etc. Instead, they let slaves build huge stadiums (how many died on construction sites in Quatar already?) in countries where the money would be way better invested in medical care or pretty much anything besides huge football stadiums.
It's no surprise the zilians are furious about this WC..  :-X
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Qatar  not any better,  they're noticeably worse

Now over 1.000 deaths in the building of infraestructure due to infrahuman work rights for immigrant labour

I haven't bought a Barça kit in ages  :( [/activism]

they're bringing the world cup there because the FIFA has long become a political body with the heart of any other big business. They're just playing the influences game at world scale. In Qatar's case, there's also articles refering to money under the table. A world cup in Spain or England (two of the bidders) would have been the best, infraestructure already built, good public transport and tourism infaestructures... but there's little influence to be held in these parts of the world, not saying there's none in England, but the UK don't play the same "game" as Brasil and Qatar, theyr'e no longer a country in deveolopment, they're already sold on all the football they can consume
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:16 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 10:06 PM »
People complained a lot about S.A. as well, turned out fine didn't it?

It's the same shit before every WC or Olympics really. Then the games start and everyone stops whining.

I'm sure some zillians don't like the money being wasted on this, but I'm also pretty sure a lot of them are only proud and happy to have such a big event at their place.
It could surely help improve the picture of brazil in the world. And what you lose on money now may just as well be returned in the future when more ppl come to brazil, either for business or pleasure.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 11:57 PM »
Brazil has a social crisis nowadays. WC is only one more issue to people shit around here. In my viewpoint, World Cup is important, as HHC said, to evolve some things, to highlight the country and its tradition. Our problem is not Brazil. Our problem are the brazilians.

Offline lalo

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 12:31 AM »
I have seen the same kind of videos from a long list of countries, including Chile. Yet, I cannot see any link between this particular video and the WC. There's fair possibility that some of those films were shot years ago or in other countries.

Reminds me of Tropa de Elite!  :D

Offline rU`

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 01:34 AM »
I have seen the same kind of videos from a long list of countries, including Chile. Yet, I cannot see any link between this particular video and the WC. There's fair possibility that some of those films were shot years ago or in other countries.

Reminds me of Tropa de Elite!  :D

Absolutely. I'm getting really fed up of all that facebook demagogy.
People posting children starving and other sad stuff. I mean, we know it's there, but continuously posting such publications which are often manipulated is only going to earn you a silly dozen of likes.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 07:13 AM »
People complained a lot about S.A. as well, turned out fine didn't it?

There's no excuse for an assumptions as shitty as that one. Specially with someone who has a lot of time for a lot of reading. Less Narcissism and more looking outside of the window please.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1962867-the-tangible-legacy-of-fifa-and-the-2014-world-cup-a-network-to-nowhere

edit: of course, idiots in the social networks are a completely different story.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:51 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 02:28 PM »

Offline Husk

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 02:31 PM »
Brazil has a social crisis nowadays. WC is only one more issue to people shit around here. In my viewpoint, World Cup is important, as HHC said, to evolve some things, to highlight the country and its tradition. Our problem is not Brazil. Our problem are the brazilians.

nope, the problem is humankind

greedy people seek power, when they have power they don't give a shit about your life or freedom

this is nothing new, this has happened everywhere since the beginning of first civilizations

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 02:51 PM »
Here, 12 years ago We have a high poverty stats and the current government gave social benefits to people better own lifes. Pretty worked. However, the middle class blames our president to create policies for that people. By thinking in poor people, Dilma Roussef is labeled as comunist and a dictador. While, the rich people still steal and We dont know where is the line between right and wrong either moral or immoral.

Offline Prince_Egypt

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 05:25 PM »
A.C.A.B
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:28 PM by Prince_Egypt »