Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:35 PM

Author Topic: Spotify users?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline skunk3

Spotify users?
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:44 AM »
Looking to follow other Spotify users that make playlists of cool music I might like.

Here is my link: https://open.spotify.com/user/1256274747?si=U_ZuqrIwTEyQj7hE6JvHJg

spotify:user:1256274747

I make a playlist each month with shit I'm digging at the moment. Follow me and let me see what you've got!

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Spotify users?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:00 AM »
spotify:user:karboy2314pl

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Been thinking about getting premium, but the annoying ads aren't quite worth 10$ every month  :(

Offline skunk3

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 06:36 AM »
I am a cheapskate and hate spending money on anything if I don't have to. Spotify Premium is worth every penny. No ads, you can make unlimited playlists for any occasion, and it has damn near everything. Also, the algorithms they use based upon what you like and listen to are really, really good for suggesting new stuff to you. At first I figured it would be trash but I am very pleasantly surprised.

Also, they have a family plan for Spotify (at least in the U.S... ?) that is like $15/mo for something like 4 or 6 (!!!) accounts. You can some friends/family could chip in a couple of dollars each month and all have premium.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 06:42 AM »
spotify:user:karboy2314pl

I liked some of the stuff you have in the "99L" playlist but the rest of it I just couldn't get into. Lots of weird weeb stuff lol. <3

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 02:32 PM »
Also, they have a family plan for Spotify (at least in the U.S... ?) that is like $15/mo for something like 4 or 6 (!!!) accounts. You can some friends/family could chip in a couple of dollars each month and all have premium.

works in Poland, my brother with bunch of friends are using that

I liked some of the stuff you have in the "99L" playlist [...]

go check out Ninety9Lives HERE

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Ehh I guess I'll try it for a few months.

I already had Premium a few years ago, but didn't use Spotify as often as I do now. Back then it came for free with my internet/phone provider.

I still don't think it's really worth 120$ a year compared to the Free version or the webversion, for most people.
But well, it's kinda my standard player atm, as I've gotten too lazy to download new stuff for my library.

The offline storage in just Spotify format is a real let down though. I love playing music on Audiosurf, it's a great way to delve deeper into a particular song, but it can't recognize the Spotify files :(

There are ways to convert them, but the only trustworthy program out there is another $$$ investment.. or you have to record the sound that your PC plays atm, which is also a bullshitty way of getting mp3's.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 04:44 PM »
Personally, I'd rather buy once and keep it forever instead of decreasing my salary by the dumb crap that I could avoid

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 05:14 PM »
I currently use Google Music and I am really happy with the offering and quality of the music.

Deezer is another worthy contender, they offer music in flac format.
They also have over 40 million music to offer.
What let me down about Deezer, is that their desktop app ''was'' buggy and somewhat cluttered and inconsistent.
Though this was 2 years ago.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline skunk3

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 06:56 AM »
You can easily download flac/mp3 and sometimes even wav files via the typical filesharing programs once you find something you like. I don't care about having the actual file on my device anymore. Years ago? Yeah, I had hard drives full of mp3's and stacks of burned cds and dvds. Rarely am I in any place in which I cannot access Spotify, even when way out in the countryside. I can't even tell you the last time I listened to a CD... and the only time I ever really listen to mp3/flac/wav is when I DJ. When I'm at home chillin' or in my car driving around, it's 100% Spotify.

IMO the price you pay for Spotify is very much worth it, even if you're just paying for a single account at $10/month. If you go for a 'family' plan it's what... $2.50 per person, per month? $120/year might sound like a lot of money but it really isn't. Most people piss away way more than $10/month on random crap like coffee, soda, water, candy, cigarettes, weed, beer, etc. Also, one thing to note is that the audio quality for the free version of Spotify is less than that of the paid version. At home I listen to my music on some pretty nice JBL studio monitors with a matching sub and I have no complaints about the sound quality at all. It's leagues better than listening to the same track on YouTube.

Offline HHC

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 08:13 AM »
Well, it's like I said, I'd only want MP3's for audiosurf.. + it would be nice to have these files permanently stored, just for the feeling i guess. Anywho, I can't expect that.

My username is 'rhunesque'.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Most people piss away way more than $10/month on random crap like coffee, soda, water, candy, cigarettes, weed, beer, etc.

Hey man. This is like third time you're talking about spending money on something else rather than beer.
What kind of propaganda is this?? Relax and think about your acts.

We don't wanna save our beer money!!

Edit: spotify seems cool. But to use it in Croatia, you'd need a vpn as I've heard.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:02 AM by Sensei »

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 02:18 PM »
I would rather buy 10 beers or just bet 10 usd on anything :D than this shit , I had a "last.fm"  was it smt simmilar I guess, it showed what music u actually listen and other shit, but u know what, it is not worthy,  I dont need any motherf@#!ers to know what I am actually listen and dont need "friends" from uzbekistan and other countries.    Some  ppl will never enjoy good music, even if it  bites them in their ass

Offline HHC

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 02:36 PM »
Spotify is a music provider Kins, not some tracking tool or shit like that.

You can check it out at play.spotify.com , it's got quite a good library, for metal fans as well.

It's definitely better than buying actual CD's, if that's what you're into.

And ae, you can turn everything into private mode np.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:37 PM by HHC »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 02:49 PM »
You can attain high quality audio files elsewhere on your own, instead of having to pay for a large library of music. This is a practice that a lot of people have been doing and are likely still committing. The reasoning can be many, poverty, poor internet access, not sufficient offering, and, that the audio quality isn't good enough.

The vast majority of general consumers and listeners don't care much for audio quality, so therefore a free solution like youtube or deezer is sufficient enough. But the major caveat is downgrade in audio quality, shuffle play and ads. This is a reason why I pay for a music streaming service, it has great sound, good library, good recommendation, and no ads. Also it supports artists/bands, but not enough, the best way to support your favorite artists and bands is by going to their concerts.

I see a lot of people recommend spotify, without a doubt it is a popular brand name but not necessarily a choice for everyone.

So here's links to deezxer and google music.
https://www.deezer.com/en/
https://play.google.com/music
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB