Forums > Off Topic

STOP(DJVU) Ransomware New Extensions

(1/5) > >>

Mega`Adnan:
Just posting this as people post their opinions.
This week I had a Ransomware virus attack on my PC, and all my stuff has been encrypted to ".moka" extension. I've searched the decryption program for it, but unfortunately it seems like it hasn't been developed yet.
I know I have to wait for it but if anyone knows any news or updates about it, or is familiar with these stuffs, feel free to post here. :)

nino:
no backup m8?

just curious how did u get infected?

executed some virus? got ur machine with NAT for remote desktop for exemple?

Kaleu:
I want to know how you got infected with a ransomware, bl ae lol.

Always try to backup/sync your most important files in the cloud. I don't know about Saudi Arabia but in Brazil you can buy 100GB in Google Drive for the cost of a beer bottle, monthly. Furthermore you could also buy Dropbox plans as they promise to recover your files in case of ransomware infections.
If you are one of those concerned about privacy and has important files to hide, go for MEGA (my favorite). Plus it matches your name.  :D

Mega`Adnan:

--- Quote from: nino on September 16, 2019, 04:19 PM ---no backup m8?

just curious how did u get infected?

executed some virus? got ur machine with NAT for remote desktop for exemple?

--- End quote ---

I've bought this PC like 7-8 months ago. Seller told me not to install any heavy antivirus software because it will heat up the PC and there would be chances that CPU processor will get roasted (Since I live in Dera Ismail Khan city, Pakistan. And it has horrible summer like 45°C+). So they did install some useless USB protecting shit, and I was okay with it.
Later, my friend tried to find some crack on my PC, instead they installed a virus and executed it (Yeah I know, this country is so poor to afford some credit card payment and stuff lol). So, it started opening all ads and stuff and slowed down my PC.
Yeah, I am used to remove adware and stuff by going to Safe mode and using Anti-malware software and stuff, which would solve the problem, whenever that happened.
But this is the first virus I've faced, encrypting all of my files on all drives.
So yeah, that's the story. :D

--- Quote from: Kaleu on September 17, 2019, 03:27 AM ---I want to know how you got infected with a ransomware, bl ae lol.

Always try to backup/sync your most important files in the cloud. I don't know about Saudi Arabia but in Brazil you can buy 100GB in Google Drive for the cost of a beer bottle, monthly. Furthermore you could also buy Dropbox plans as they promise to recover your files in case of ransomware infections.
If you are one of those concerned about privacy and has important files to hide, go for MEGA (my favorite). Plus it matches your name.  :D

--- End quote ---

The story's above this quote. :D
Also, I don't live in Saudi Arabia (though I was born here). I live in Pakistan now because my family are Pakistani (We were living in Saudi Arabia. Dad had job here. He got retired and government kicked all of us). I don't even do back ups because first, there's a shitty internet which would let you do one task i.e. browsing slows down if I start the uploading. Secondly, I don't trust cloud storage sites, they might sell my data or stuff.

Kaleu:

--- Quote ---Seller told me not to install any heavy antivirus software because it will heat up the PC and there would be chances that CPU processor will get roasted
--- End quote ---
Lol... I think you were fooled by the salesman... I can't comprehend how an antivirus would consume that much of resources from your CPU, I would say, maybe from RAM? Yeah, during a deep scan, because I doubt it would be the main alone reason for heating.

--- Quote ---Secondly, I don't trust cloud storage sites, they might sell my data or stuff.
--- End quote ---
Add an extra (and inviolable) layer of protection by encrypting your files with VeraCrypt before uploading.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version