Forums
April 25, 2024, 04:18 PM

Poll

Do you like tattoos?

Yes
Mo

Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Kradie

Tattoos
« on: January 22, 2021, 12:23 PM »
What's your thoughts on tattoos?

Do you plan to have any? If so why?

Do you have tattoos? If so why?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Chelsea

Re: Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 12:42 PM »
My 1st: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrvXCZ3HiTk/
Inspired this image

Offline nino

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 02:47 PM »
Tattoos are nice but became a must have that I feel so proud that i dont have any iam a f@#!ing rebel!!! i wont make a tattoo!!! porra!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 05:34 PM »
That's cool Chelsea. From now on you're dP leader xD
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 02:58 AM »
I feel like a bit of a rebel not having any tattoos also. Once upon a time I imagined getting a tattoo of Bloopy (my character, not this picture but a more badass one drawn by someone else). Now I don't like that idea and would prefer more of a joke tattoo, probably one of Gary Sinise from CSI: New York. :D

I don't hate tattoos but I think too many looks bad. On the arms or lower legs is ok, but tattoos on the torso, thighs, neck and face etc. seems like too much. It's like a misdirection or fake news to distract you from real nature, comparable to a ricer car or wearing too much make-up.
x_+

Offline angus

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 02:40 PM »
My girlfriend makes tatoos, 2 of my friends too so i end up with 6 tattoos.
I think my case its different because i dont go in any studio to make tattoos its a thing that born inside my friendship we make it at home talking and chilling...
THe best thing of the tattoos its that all of them can remember you a period of your life in some way they have memory...
For me its a kind of ritual and art..printing a period of your life in your skin...

Offline skunk3

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 07:01 AM »
Tattoos are lame. A long time ago they were cool and edgy and rebellious (like early 90's and before), but these days they are as trendy as it gets. They used to be for legit badasses, like gangsters, soldiers, sailors, and bikers. Where I live it is more common for someone to have at least 1 tattoo than to not have any, as long as they are under the age of ~45 or so, and especially if they are in their 20's / 30's... and the overwhelming majority of people who have tattoos are just normal people who aren't badass in any way.

I don't have any tattoos and probably will never get one. I think they look horrible on women and they make them look like trashy skanks. Tattoos ruin the natural beauty of a woman. I suspect that people get them primarily because they have low self-esteem and they think that getting tattooed will make them look 'cool' or 'sexy' or 'edgy.' It doesn't, at all. It's just makes them bandwagon-riding trendsters who are willing to undergo permanent body modifications in hopes of being liked more. It's kinda sad, really.

While we're on the topic of body modifications, I think most piercings are dumb too. In my city, septum piercings are *incredibly* common, especially amongst women in their 20's / 30's. They look f@#!ing horrible and I want to grab it and rip it out every time I see one.

Offline nino

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 12:20 PM »
Calm Down ae skunkinho!!!! hauhauhaua

Maybe you should make a tatoo "I dont like tatoos" on forehead!!!

A funny fact happened here a puto tried to rob a tatoo store then the tatoo man made a tatoo on him

" iam a thief and falter"

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 07:23 PM »
Personally I think tattoos ruin the natural beauty on any human, and it doesn't make them look any better. However, I can totally understand why people decide to get them. Tattoos can behave like an extension of the person's identity, help them give a meaning to themselves when ''perhaps'' society isn't as welcoming. A tattoo can hold many stories of a person, it can kind of create a mystique to their character if you will. But on the other hand, some just get them for pure self-esteem as skunk said. People like that needs help rather than abusing their body for acceptance and recognition.

So speaking about acceptance and recognition, many can feel pressured by society expectancy to get a tattoo, particularly by young people. Unlike prison people, I think in prison it is more about representation and where you belong, I think that is a place a tattoo can come into play for survival, respect, and look threatening.

Tattoos, a tragic identity of human life story.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 01:04 AM »
I wouldn't make a tattoo, because life may change drastically. What a person tries to portray in those tattoos may not hold true anymore. The same applies to those happy memories which may be spoiled by either a bad memory or another bad circumstance (recall all those "broken love" movies from 70-80s). Or they simply may fade away and you wonder why there're still there.  :)

For men, tattoos may be a symbolism of power, but in most cases it's illusionary. If we also take the pseudo-feminism trends nowadays, women may also choose to make tattoos for similar reasons, to become more like men (rather than being a liberated woman, which I think this is what feminism should be about, it shouldn't be about power per se, which modern media is trying to make us believe, but I'm going slightly off-topic here).

It's like, are we ready to wear a single T-shirt throughout our lifetime with the same image on it (that would be practically the same thing as having a tattoo, except that it's not directly on your body). So, that's a reason why people choose to make tattoos under the wear, so they can hide them from public view, and eventually it becomes intimate. And as they say, being intimate means being vulnerable, yet people avoid being vulnerable most of the time.

That said, there's some degree of dichotomy when it comes to making a tattoo or not, and I think that's again mainly due to social pressure rather than a personal choice.

Of course there are other reasons, but that's something which I feel is relevant today.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 01:06 AM by Xrayez »

Offline lolicon-guy

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 06:37 PM »
If I wanted a tattoo, I'd put "VFX" on my forearm. This idea first came when I acted a character in a short film (or however translates) for institute, and I wanted to see if would anyone catch the motion tracking or markers' removal. Most people would relate it to these videos or my works on retro consoles, but I'd rather put it "for me" than others: My brain does VFX in real time!!... or better said, I've hallucinated, non-stop, for 13 and half years, though I can always tell what's real and fake; that was the beginning of my journey on late childhood, as due to this I've developed a sense for movie mistakes and understanding how certain shots "work" as I watch it. This is my life

Why don't I want a tattoo yet though? Because I don't care enough lol. Tattoos do whatever IMO. EDIT: And they can fail, too :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 11:14 PM by lolicon-guy »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2021, 10:55 PM »

Offline angus

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 11:25 AM »

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 05:27 AM »