Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:31 PM

Author Topic: Tattoos and piercings  (Read 1164 times)

Offline skunk3

Tattoos and piercings
« on: March 23, 2019, 03:42 AM »
This is just my personal opinion and I was just curious if anyone agrees with me.

In my experience I have found that MOST people who have many tattoos and/or piercings pursue those sorts of body modifications for a couple of reasons:

1. It is trendy and a lot of people are trendsters.

2. They have self-worth / self-esteem issues.

3. They want to be visually identified as tougher or even sexier than people without those sorts of modifications.

To me, seeing someone covered in tattoos screams: "PLEASE LIKE ME!" These people so desperately crave attention and validation and other shallow, damaged people give them props on their new ink because they too are shallow and damaged.

I also hate all of the canned, cliche responses that people give when asked about getting tattoos, like: "Oh I just really love art" or "My tattoos have a deep personal meaning" or some other shit like that. Quit lying, people. lol. I can't wait until this shit isn't trendy anymore and everyone is open and vocal about how they regret their decisions. People get PISSED when I talk about why I think tattoos are a stupid waste of money and that they usually signify self-esteem issues because I'm slicing right through their veil of rhetorical bullshit.

Offline Sensei

Re: Tattoos and piercings
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 04:16 AM »
Seems like you got bullied by some tatooed person recently!? :)

Why else would you express so detailed hate on what someone wanna paint on their bodies, with their money?

Offline skunk3

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 09:21 AM »
Let me be clear by saying that I don't hate these people. Several of my friends have tattoos (at least one) and probably 75% of the people I know under the age of 30 have a tattoo.

The reason why tattoos and piercings irk me is primarily because women tend to get more of them than men, and I personally find them unattractive. A couple of ear rings and maybe a small nose ring is fine, but when a girl has like 15 tattoos and 14 piercings, it's excessive. From experience I have come to the conclusion that these people are superficial, shallow, vain, lack confidence, are usually hipsters of some sort, and have all sorts of miscellaneous issues going on with them.

I think that body modifications in general are a silly waste of money. Do you know how much it costs to get a full sleeve tattoo by a decent artist? Spending that much money just to have someone draw permanent pictures on you is f@#!ing retarded.

I've had the chance to get free tattoos on a couple of occasions in the past but I turned down the offers because even though they would have been free, it's still a matter of permanency. I love Worms but would I get a super sheep tattooed on me? No. (But maybe a worm roping lol...) I love Street Fighter, Star Wars, D&D, synthesizers, and DJ'ing but would I get any stuff like that tattooed on me? Nah. Why bother? Just so I can look at it every once in a while or show it off to others like I'm so cool for having a tattoo?

Tattoos used to mean something. You got one because you were a world-traveling sailor, or a gangster, or a biker, or some sort of tribal warrior. They meant that you were a badass in some way. These days any dipshit 18 year old can go to a tattoo parlor and get tatted up for no reason whatsoever aside from that they want to be 'cool.' I respect personal freedom and all but I feel like it's clout stealing. Having a tattoo nowadays means absolutely nothing and I just felt like ranting about it lol.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 09:43 AM »
I support that. Those idiots have totally discredited tattoos. My neighbor got a full back tattoo with a skull, that does not suit him nor his personality. He is not a brutal serial murderer to wear this.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 01:54 PM »
I follow Chris Stuckmann on youtube, and he does movie reviews. Recently he got a brand new tattoo on his entire right arm. My Immediate reaction to myself was ''Is his arm infected by a skin disease? Is it going to fall off?'' It just looked so fragile & damaged. So I look back at his older videos, and I see his normal arm, free from disease & infection. I still have this reaction and opinion. Does this make the guy an idiot & a loser? I don't think so. I think it looks bad and it will never go away unless if you commit to surgery. Even surgery will leave scars, scars of regret.

Tattoos are just OK, I would advice against it, & I could never imagine having a tattoo. But I can understand why some choose to get it, and the reasoning behind it. Perhaps a reason to commit to a tattoo is to increase self-worth, an extension of their psyche & representation. Though, we are falling deep into the gray zone of things.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 08:03 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrvXCZ3HiTk/

My tatoo (back side of left calf)
Tattoo inspierd by image at dP site :D
https://www.tus-wa.com/groups/dP/

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 09:25 PM »
I got my tattoo at a house party last week

Offline skunk3

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 09:49 PM »
I got my tattoo at a house party last week

Well since the image is linked from Myspace I'm gonna have to disbelieve that lol...

And stars... smh. One of the most ubiquitous and cliché tattoos there is. 

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 07:56 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrvXCZ3HiTk/

My tatoo (back side of left calf)
Tattoo inspierd by image at dP site :D
https://www.tus-wa.com/groups/dP/

dobra robota czelsi, kto Ci to robił, ile skasował? da się to zmyć? :DDD  czy zmieści się na moim 22 cm penisie? :)

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 10:31 AM »
Razem dałem 2200 - 350 projekt tatuażu, 2 sesje tatuowania po 900 zł i niecałe 50 zł krem do pielęgnacji tatuażu.
Tatuaż robiłem u Macieja Fludzińskiego - Seagull tattoo, projekt mi robiły „Blondynki też grają” - znajdziesz na fejsie, czy insta.
Nie zmyjesz tego 😂
Nie, nie zmieści się 🤣

Offline nino

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 01:14 PM »
I Like tatoos, some are nice and 90% of my friends got tatoos too, but i dont want to have one, porra i might like it for years but then when i get bored of it..wont be easy to erase this shit from my skin..and i know myself..i know ill get bored of it, maybe in years, but ill so if u want turn ur ass into a mouth ok go on!! i wont!!!

cos king!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.