Forums
April 20, 2024, 05:27 AM

Author Topic: The Big Religion/God Debate  (Read 38001 times)

Offline Free

Re: The Big Religion/God Debate
« Reply #495 on: June 27, 2014, 09:50 PM »
That DMT experience this poor individual posts makes me think why people do such things to themselves. What is so cruel to willingly torture yourself? I mean he even states that he did this 500+ times?

you become more tolerant, as with basically  anything you put in your body (vaccines principle) and you need more and more in hopes to achieve that original high you experienced in the earlier times of toying with the hallucinogenics.

Nice one Ropa, the amount of knowledge ur sharing is astonishing as always.

For example, Salvinorin A, the strongest naturally occuring "psychedelic", also known as Salvia has a reverse tolerance.

http://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Salvinorin_A

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #496 on: June 27, 2014, 10:09 PM »

For example, Salvinorin A, the strongest naturally occuring "psychedelic", also known as Salvia has a reverse tolerance.

Quote from: http://psychonautwiki.org/
Anecdotal reports suggest that Salvinorin A has a "reverse tolerance", meaning that less of the drug is needed with each consecutive trip to cause an effect. Tolerance will eventually build up over time however, although this may be years. There is no real addictive potential.
Looks like you are both right.

Offline Free

« Reply #497 on: June 27, 2014, 10:33 PM »
Judging by youtube, most people wont be trying Salvia after 1st time so no fears about building a tolerance haha

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #498 on: June 27, 2014, 11:19 PM »
Judging by youtube, most people wont be trying Salvia after 1st time so no fears about building a tolerance haha
I've done it twice, when I was 18, and both times I was as scared as i've ever been in my life.  It's a terrifying drug.  Once, my friends face morphed into a grotesque picasso.  Another time, the earth opened up and swallowed me whole.  Wasn't fun.  I guess there are some drugs I miss in some way, salvia is not one of them.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 28, 2014, 08:40 AM »

Quote from: http://psychonautwiki.org/
Anecdotal reports suggest that Salvinorin A has a "reverse tolerance", meaning that less of the drug is needed with each consecutive trip to cause an effect. Tolerance will eventually build up over time however, although this may be years. There is no real addictive potential.
Looks like you are both right.

It's my biggest struggle with these kind of discussions. He's not answering any questions, he's not debating any points. He's just adding additional information that the only reason he believes contradicts what I say is the fact that they have molded the definition of words to mean broader terms or just plain something else.

"Judging by youtube". This the kind of bullshit I've learned to cope with in the internet, even though it's basically a sell out on the level of the importance of the source for some people, and thus, most likely influential on their ability to build up a perspective on the topic of discussion.  Salvia is a much more widely used recreational drug than DMT. Most likely because it's half as dangerous even though it's still pretty hard to guarantee a bad trip free experience, as with most quick effect hallucins.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:43 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Free

« Reply #500 on: June 28, 2014, 08:59 AM »
 ::)

« Reply #501 on: June 28, 2014, 07:00 PM »
Interesting topic here. Let me put my 5 cents here, starting from long times ago. I`ll write my opinion about core of the topic: "The Big Religion/God Debate".
Things people couldnt explain - were explained by "God" definition.
Let me tell you what i mean.. earlier, regular for us things were unknown and mysterious, like Rain - gods crying, lightning - gods angry, wind, snow, hurricane, sun, fire etc.. people didnt know how things work, so they decided that something unusual is driving there - a God. During times, we started to understand about life, about our planet and other planets/starts surrounding us. We started to understand how things happening, what they cause. Definitions of God were disappearing one by one. But one, global meaning of God, creator of everything - is still "alive" in people minds. For how long? I think it`s matter of time.
That`s what im thinking about gods.
Relision is ablsolutely another thing. Its kind of rules of life, based on something amazing, based on "Number One" in the world - God. Since we still believe in that, it a good way to accord that rules. I dont think its bad. Its good, actually. Mostly. There are good principles of life, in every single religion. But since we have a lot of different religions - thats the bad thing. People hurt, killing each other because of that. Someone can loose a family, others simply changes inside, becomes agressive or.. "closed" in themselves. A lot of psychology there. Its a power of hope, of believement.
For me - its personal. Its matter of every single person what to believe in. As tastes in food, that can be differs aswell. So topic of "debates" is actually not correct, IMO. Its about opinions. Debation about religion.. about something that you believing by all your heart - never ended nice. Anyway definition of God will live for a very long time. But at some point, it will gone. Why is that? Coz we believe in what we`ve been told. When u see a person that u trust and love, when it says you something that is "right" - u believe in that. No matter how its on real - u trust a person that u love. Im talking about parent and childrens, when humans becomes a persons. When adult human live 50 years with hope for something, with believing of God, there is no way to say to yourself "you know.. its a bullshit". Kinda no way to do that.
But this can be changed only in epoch of global informational world. People are getting closer to that, so i think many things will change in people`s mind in a very nearest future.
That power of trust in words that told by person that u love is so strong, that people ready to kill each other to proof they are right. To proof to others that they are wrong. That power is a very bad instrument in hands of those, who manipulate it. That`s why we have new kind of wars nowadays - informational. But this topic not about it.
think about.
“He, who owns the information, owns the world”. W. Churchill

« Reply #502 on: June 28, 2014, 07:18 PM »
Nietzsche buried god few centuries ago, face it xD

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 28, 2014, 08:41 PM »
Nietzsche buried god few centuries ago, face it xD

He did.

But when you defeat a hydra new heads grow
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #504 on: June 28, 2014, 08:48 PM »
pyroman, I am afraid this topic is not about religion/god anymore... so I guess ur post is offtopic? xD

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #505 on: June 28, 2014, 09:47 PM »
This thread is about reaching a new level of being through psychosis-inducing drugs.  Touch my aura, dude!  We share the same brain!  And so on and so forth.

Offline Free

« Reply #506 on: June 28, 2014, 10:24 PM »
This thread is about reaching a new level of being

This is not at All What im implying btw

Offline Hurz

« Reply #507 on: June 29, 2014, 01:22 AM »
Interesting topic here. Let me put my 5 cents here, starting from long times ago. I`ll write my opinion about core of the topic: "The Big Religion/God Debate".
Things people couldnt explain - were explained by "God" definition.
Let me tell you what i mean.. earlier, regular for us things were unknown and mysterious, like Rain - gods crying, lightning - gods angry, wind, snow, hurricane, sun, fire etc.. people didnt know how things work, so they decided that something unusual is driving there - a God. During times, we started to understand about life, about our planet and other planets/starts surrounding us. We started to understand how things happening, what they cause. Definitions of God were disappearing one by one. But one, global meaning of God, creator of everything - is still "alive" in people minds. For how long? I think it`s matter of time.
That`s what im thinking about gods.
Relision is ablsolutely another thing. Its kind of rules of life, based on something amazing, based on "Number One" in the world - God. Since we still believe in that, it a good way to accord that rules. I dont think its bad. Its good, actually. Mostly. There are good principles of life, in every single religion. But since we have a lot of different religions - thats the bad thing. People hurt, killing each other because of that. Someone can loose a family, others simply changes inside, becomes agressive or.. "closed" in themselves. A lot of psychology there. Its a power of hope, of believement.
For me - its personal. Its matter of every single person what to believe in. As tastes in food, that can be differs aswell. So topic of "debates" is actually not correct, IMO. Its about opinions. Debation about religion.. about something that you believing by all your heart - never ended nice. Anyway definition of God will live for a very long time. But at some point, it will gone. Why is that? Coz we believe in what we`ve been told. When u see a person that u trust and love, when it says you something that is "right" - u believe in that. No matter how its on real - u trust a person that u love. Im talking about parent and childrens, when humans becomes a persons. When adult human live 50 years with hope for something, with believing of God, there is no way to say to yourself "you know.. its a bullshit". Kinda no way to do that.
But this can be changed only in epoch of global informational world. People are getting closer to that, so i think many things will change in people`s mind in a very nearest future.
That power of trust in words that told by person that u love is so strong, that people ready to kill each other to proof they are right. To proof to others that they are wrong. That power is a very bad instrument in hands of those, who manipulate it. That`s why we have new kind of wars nowadays - informational. But this topic not about it.
think about.
“He, who owns the information, owns the world”. W. Churchill

:)

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #508 on: June 29, 2014, 05:53 AM »
Its clear how wars are started over religion.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 29, 2014, 09:08 AM »
pyroman, I am afraid this topic is not about religion/god anymore... so I guess ur post is offtopic? xD
[/quote

you're telling me you know what he's talking about?
Eat a bag full of dicks.