Forums > Off Topic

The Big Religion/God Debate

(1/110) > >>

Cueshark:
Well you asked for it!  Well HHC did anyway!

The Big Religion/God Debate.

Was the universe created by a god?  Or is god just a man-made theory and as plausible as the tooth-fairy or santa claus?

Do the claims made by religion hold up against scientific enquiry or is religion an out-dated practice created by early man who had huge gaps in their understanding of the natural world and needed quick and easy answers to their burning questions about life, the universe and everything?

Are you religious?  Do you practice religion as a tradition or because you believe that your particular religion is 'correct'?  Do your experiences validate the existence of god or do humans retro-fit their experiences to fit their pre-conceptions and ideology.

Is there a correct religion amongst all the many different religions across the world or are they all based upon similar false beliefs and wishful thinking?

I will do my best to sub-moderate this extremely controversial topic and express my own views as well.

Cue :<

Husk:
islam is religion of peace

Free:
I pray to the one who created us all.

Ray:
Mankind needed religion as an excuse for things they couldn't possibly explain with their current knowledge. As technology developed over the past couple of centuries, more and more people realized that the stories in the Bible for instance are obviously not true (and every single person who has just a little sense realizes that - no matter how truly religious they are).

But that's not only with religion. You know about witches, stories, books about such tales, those cannot be true either! All for the favor of explaining unexplainable things.

But! For example catholic religion is not only a crap made up for this reason. Stories in the Bible help you get by, they give you a wider look at things so you can apply them in your life and make your life better.

Christianity is supposed to be that - a help that lets you get by better in life. That's all, and I'm saying that even though I think all this religion-thing is a big bag of bullshit.

It's somewhat a way of teaching people to a better attitude, positive thinking and such, since - even though it's never been proven - THAT helps you a lot in life, and I found that out the hard way. ;)

P.S.: this is my opinion! I am not willing to hurt anyone's feelings with it, I am not looking for an argument here - this is what I think. If you believe something different, you are free to express it, I will read it, and even if I do disagree with what you say, I won't chukkle it in your face, you are free to believe whatever you want and live by that. And I have no rights to take that or the freedom of expressing it away from you.

Husk:
Koran > Bible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version