Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:06 PM

Author Topic: The Big Religion/God Debate  (Read 37631 times)

Offline Korydex

Re: The Big Religion/God Debate
« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2017, 06:45 PM »
global governance took on the role of God on Earth. their goal is obviously against God's plan, they carry satanism in themselves and humanity is standing on the brink of disaster right now. still they act under God's allowance, it coulda been way worse if there wouldn't be providence at all

Offline nino

« Reply #526 on: April 18, 2017, 03:18 AM »
"if there is no God, then, one may ask, who governs human life and, in general, the whole order of things on earth?"

Thought was me but ok  :(
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline sock

« Reply #527 on: June 09, 2018, 03:57 PM »
I wish things were better  :(

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #528 on: June 09, 2018, 04:33 PM »
I am hazard man so I believe in god ,  coz...  if there is NO god but I believed him -  I will loose nothing
but..

if there is god and I did not believe - I loose everything

Online Godmax

« Reply #529 on: June 09, 2018, 05:59 PM »
God doesnt support bullshit betting

Offline Sensei

« Reply #530 on: June 09, 2018, 08:49 PM »
Cmon kins. You're around TUS since forever. I'm still waiting for proper english sentence..

Offline sock

« Reply #531 on: June 09, 2018, 11:30 PM »
Don't forget there is something or someone up above!  :)

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #532 on: June 10, 2018, 03:16 PM »
Aloha Snackbar

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #533 on: July 02, 2018, 11:18 PM »
You are God, you are able to create and destroy.  Once you realize this the universe guides you into nothing but happiness.
You are a spiritual form here to learn from the Human experience.  You will either be reborn in this hell or surpass into the next state of consciousness.  Heaven and Hell is man made.  Energy never dies and we all have it.  Now when you do die everyone enter a DMT trip and whoever does judge us with whatever ego determines your next life.  Will you stay or go?  Kill the EGO, live the dream. =]

Offline Sensei

« Reply #534 on: July 03, 2018, 02:13 AM »
Kill the EGO

Aren't you the guy that's boosting his ego in other thread by telling us how much interest ppl showing for your artwork, without anyone asking you?

Offline skunk3

« Reply #535 on: July 12, 2018, 04:59 AM »
I'm late to this party and lots of great points have already been made. I have university degrees in Philosophy and Religious Studies (and others) and I've spent a great deal of time studying various religions, mythologies, metaphysical concepts, etc.

It's all too much to get into right now but I guess I'll just make a couple of points:

- I am not religious myself but I do believe that there must be some sort of a higher power out there. As far as what that higher power is, I have no clue. It just doesn't make sense that everything simply exists and that there's no cause for it. To me it only makes rational sense that there must be one overruling supreme power. It could be external from us, or we could be a part of it. I choose to believe the latter.

- All religions are full of bunk but also have nuggets of truth and wisdom. The Abrahamic traditions in particular are so full of nonsense that I do not understand how/why anyone in this day and age would choose to be a believer.

- I do not believe in an eternal heaven or hell. The very notion of hell as we understand it today was largely shaped by non-canonical works of fiction (although sometimes reputedly 'divinely inspired') and have taken root in mainstream consciousness. Milton's "Paradise Lost" is probably the best example of this, although there's plenty of others. I personally believe that the notion of Hell was molded and reinforced by the church to cower people into obedience and blind belief. If you really think about it, does it make any sense at all for a human to be sentenced to an ETERNITY of misery/suffering because of what they did in their lifespan? No matter how depraved that person was, eternal damnation is just plain cruel.

- I believe that various elements within organized religion have access to information and revelations that are hidden from the public. The Vatican and its mysterious library / catacombs is a perfect example of this. I am also sure that at very high levels all of these various 'competing' religions are actually most likely in cahoots with each other. I believe that these elements actively suppress true knowledge of self.

- I believe that there is far more to life than what we experience day in and day out via our mundane realities consisting of work and pleasure. I absolutely believe that certain elements of the occult are real, such as astral projection, remote viewing, etc. I think that our brains are capable of so much more than we yet understand because I have on multiple occasions witnessed and/or experienced events that can only be explained via ESP, psychic abilities, etc.

- I believe that the true history of mankind is probably known to some on the planet and it is nothing like we are taught. I believe that humankind has probably been around for a very long time and that we have probably had advanced civilizations in the distant past. Maybe not 'advanced' in the same way that we understand that term today, but advanced nonetheless. I also believe that it's highly possible that human beings did not evolve on this planet and are actually the result of genetic engineering by some sort of extraterrestrial or possibly even extradimensional entities. The ancient Indian Vedas talk about flying ships, energy weapons, huge explosions, and all kinds of shit.. and they were written thousands of years before the Abrahamic traditions even began. There's also numerous mysteries about the origin of mankind, such as the Elohim/Annunaki/Pyramids/etc. It's a huge topic so I don't get into it but I am convinced that we aren't here on accident.

- I believe that no life begins randomly. To think that random cosmic dust produced by the big bang (a theory that sounds more and more ridiculous the more I learn about it) can coalesce in such a way that eventually planets form and through random chance somehow amino acids develop and somehow in this primordial stew, everything comes together perfectly to form life where no life existed before... it's all just too ridiculous to believe. Life begets life. Life can't just spring into being out of nowhere. That's utterly absurd.

- I believe that given the size of our known universe that the chance of extraterrestrial life existing is quite high, which undermines virtually all religions.

At the end of the day, I have no answers and I often find myself in a state of existential panic because while I get stressed out about bills and creeping age and all sorts of other things, I still have no idea why or how I am here, or what will happen after I die. My intuition leads me to believe something along the lines of what Toxic said... I believe that we are all a kind of energy and that energy never dies, but rather it changes forms and flows in different ways. I fear death, but I also kinda don't at the same time because I want to learn some answers. I think that what's scarier than dying is the thought that after we die we are reborn with no memory of our previous experiences. That to me sounds like hell.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:07 AM by skunk3 »

Offline Rok

« Reply #536 on: July 12, 2018, 02:32 PM »
I believe that we are all a kind of energy and that energy never dies, but rather it changes forms and flows in different ways.

Congratu-f@#!ing-lations on your "beliefs", dude!  :D

E = mc2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline skunk3

« Reply #537 on: July 13, 2018, 08:45 AM »
I believe that we are all a kind of energy and that energy never dies, but rather it changes forms and flows in different ways.

Congratu-f@#!ing-lations on your "beliefs", dude!  :D

E = mc2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

Thanks for the snarky reply.

I am well aware of Einstein's theory of relativity. However, the opinion that I shared was that some sort of our personal energy/essence (consciousness or spirit, for lack of better terminology) continues to exist, not that we merely turn into caloric and potential energy.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:14 AM by skunk3 »

Offline HHC

« Reply #538 on: July 13, 2018, 09:24 AM »
That was pretty obvious yeah  :)

'Your momma so fat, when she died, she turned into a Red Bull factory'  :-[

I do not agree with your saying that the Abrahamic traditions in particular are full of nonsense btw. They make a lot more sense than the vast majority of other religions. But for some reason people take the first literally, while the other religions/mythologies are interpreted in a symbolic way.

I do not believe in the overwhelming role of the church. It's a manmade institution, supported by millions of people in past and present. It grew in an organic manner, through the ages, it's not a set-up of a few power hungry, mischievous men who want to keep people in place by threatening with hell and eternal torment.
Hell is a notion that goes way back, far further than the origins of the church. It's not a christian invention. You can say that it snowballed out of control as people became ever more pious (and maybe also wanted to shelter their own salvation from fellow christians who were not leading a very 'christian' life).
The church authorities have actually always repressed extreme religious views and chilliastic/apocalyptic movements. They have been given crap about eradicating 'heresies', but in all honesty, 99% of these sects and movements were complete WHÄCK.

Genetical engineering of the first humans I also don't believe in. If that were true humans would pop up out of absolutely nothing and nowhere. Instead they arrive in evolution REALLY late, and when they do, it's in the form of a multitude of forms that go from complete ape to slightly less ape to barely human, to somewhat smart human, to us.
Also, if we didn't evolve naturally, then why did every other species on earth? Or do you think life as a whole was genetically engineered? If that were so, how do you explain current evolution taking place, and why would it take millions of years to go from no-brain-bacteria's to single-brain-cell bacteria's? Surely that could have gone a LOT faster if it was indeed engineered.

edit: the picture below is my sig, it's not related to this post  ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:27 AM by HHC »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #539 on: July 13, 2018, 07:07 PM »
That was pretty obvious yeah  :)

'Your momma so fat, when she died, she turned into a Red Bull factory'  :-[

I do not agree with your saying that the Abrahamic traditions in particular are full of nonsense btw. They make a lot more sense than the vast majority of other religions. But for some reason people take the first literally, while the other religions/mythologies are interpreted in a symbolic way.

I do not believe in the overwhelming role of the church. It's a manmade institution, supported by millions of people in past and present. It grew in an organic manner, through the ages, it's not a set-up of a few power hungry, mischievous men who want to keep people in place by threatening with hell and eternal torment.
Hell is a notion that goes way back, far further than the origins of the church. It's not a christian invention. You can say that it snowballed out of control as people became ever more pious (and maybe also wanted to shelter their own salvation from fellow christians who were not leading a very 'christian' life).
The church authorities have actually always repressed extreme religious views and chilliastic/apocalyptic movements. They have been given crap about eradicating 'heresies', but in all honesty, 99% of these sects and movements were complete WHÄCK.

Genetical engineering of the first humans I also don't believe in. If that were true humans would pop up out of absolutely nothing and nowhere. Instead they arrive in evolution REALLY late, and when they do, it's in the form of a multitude of forms that go from complete ape to slightly less ape to barely human, to somewhat smart human, to us.
Also, if we didn't evolve naturally, then why did every other species on earth? Or do you think life as a whole was genetically engineered? If that were so, how do you explain current evolution taking place, and why would it take millions of years to go from no-brain-bacteria's to single-brain-cell bacteria's? Surely that could have gone a LOT faster if it was indeed engineered.

edit: the picture below is my sig, it's not related to this post  ;D

I didn't say that the Abrahamic traditions are more full of nonsense than anything else. I just used them as an example because they are by far the most common religions in areas that people reading this thread would recognize / be familiar with. That said, those religious texts are indeed full of nonsense that is so obviously untrue that people would have to be amazingly naïve to believe it. They are also more 'modern' than most other religions. The Abrahamic traditions are absolutely full of symbolism but the passages are taught as literal fact in most places of worship rather than allegories, which leads to a number of problems... and even if a church did teach these things as allegorical, would the onus then be on the religious leader to explain the mysteries in a no-bullshit way to everyone, or would they dole out a little bit of info at a time to people who they deem worthy and capable of understanding? It's really no different than the Egyptian mystery schools, or even high-level Freemasonry of today. (I myself am a Mason.)

And yes, notions of an 'underworld' do pre-date the modern Western idea of what Hell entails, but they are very different with the more modern notion of Hell being far worse. The idea of Hell is just yet another thing that was stolen from previous belief systems.

The Church was and is cancerous. It didn't grow in an organic matter at all. It grew like a tumor. Like a virus. It is strictly hierarchical and compartmentalized as well.

While I do believe in microevolution, I do not believe in macroevolution. We just simply don't have enough fossil evidence to prove the idea. Obviously a tray of bacteria is going to evolve if you subject the bacteria to various environmental factors. However, the bacteria are still going to remain bacteria even if they were in some sort of laboratory test setting for hundreds of thousands or millions of years. I can't know that for sure, but the idea of something becoming an entirely different species just seems crazy to me. They aren't going to change into a different kind of lifeform no matter what stimuli we provide. There quite simply isn't enough proof in terms of a "missing link" between modern humans and our supposed ancient ancestors. Archaeologists have been proven to be frauds and liars many times. The theories surrounding our so-called ancestors are just that - theories. I have read the studies and findings and I've yet to come across anything convincing. For a creature such as modern human beings to become so intelligent and aware in such a relatively short period of time (geologically speaking) just doesn't make sense to me. As far as every other species on earth goes, I have no idea. I don't think that life began on this planet (or anywhere else, for that matter) with a random event, of life springing forth from no life in the primordial soup. I believe that life and our universe's laws and mechanisms were created by a higher power because that is what makes the most sense to me. I believe that human beings were likely genetically engineered primary due to two factors:

1. Our advanced intellects compared to basically every other creature, giving us the ability to go from basically living in squalor knowledge level to going to space and global live streaming in the matter of a few thousand years, which is hardly any time at all from a geological or evolutionary time frame. To any person living even 1,000 years ago, the shit that we humans can do today would look supernatural.

2. The ubiquitous nature of accounts / stories of ancient civilizations all over the world (totally unconnected) all talking about 'sky people' who bestowed upon them great knowledge and technology. The stories are so strikingly similar that I cannot help but believe that we got a jump start from a race of beings more advanced than us. I've read about all of these different accounts and I don't see how ancient peoples who lived without much (if any) knowledge of each other could invent such fanciful, far-out tales that are so similar.

The earliest recorded history of mankind goes back (depending on which sources you believe to be accurate) at most maybe 12,000 years, with many sources claiming that 6,000-7,000 years being more accurate, but personally I believe that stuff like the Yonaguni ruins and many other examples shows that humans have been around for quite some time. Anyway... Let's look at the mainstream figure of 6,000 years, which is the most commonly-cited figure in the West. Assuming that humans bred a new generation every 20 years, that's only 1,200 generations (approximately, of course) between us living today and those living back in the times of our most ancient recorded history. That's a pretty small number, even if many of us have little to no knowledge of our ancestors going back more than 4-5 generations. What I am getting at is that humans have developed far more rapidly than any other species on the planet that we know of, and I think that rapid growth has to do with outside stimuli.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:10 PM by skunk3 »