Forums
April 23, 2024, 11:59 PM

Author Topic: This video impressed me  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Asbest

This video impressed me
« on: January 26, 2019, 10:13 PM »
I seen tool assisted ttrrs, but this

Offline TheKomodo

Re: This video impressed me
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 10:35 PM »
That isn't impressive at all, and it isn't even a speedrun, it's just random warming with TA.

If they were to do an actual TTRR and try to beat previous runs made with TA, that would be impressive :)

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:52 PM »
sure, it's a Tool-Assisted but doesn't bring anything new to the table, it's not as impressive as other TASes that I've seen.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 12:07 PM »
Not a lot to relate to other than impossible moves that you can't do in an actual warmer (with less speed of course). I would have liked to see perfect scrolls and shadows etc, it is totally alien to a warmer almost like a different engine. To me it looks ugly and has no beauty. It has no direction or style, just a mess.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 07:08 PM »
To me it looks ugly and has no beauty. It has no direction or style, just a mess.

Feel the same here, whoever done this must be really bad at warmers, they must think that just bouncing around really fast is the pinnacle of roping lol.

This video is if girl goes down on you, she just goes crazy up and down side to side like she's having an epileptic fit with your d**k in her mouth... It's got no rhythm, no flow, nothing to appreciate.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 07:25 PM »
The video is hilariously bad.

Only the main mission of Worms Armageddon should be considered official speedrun, and everything else that is made by the community should not.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 08:30 PM »
Only the main mission of Worms Armageddon should be considered official speedrun, and everything else that is made by the community should not.

I disagree!

Speedrunning should be considered official with TTRR and Big RR as well, but Big RR is more interesting than TTRR for speedrunning because TTRR maps are so small and finish too fast and you don't get to see as many nice moves at top speed in TTRR as you do Big RR.

I'm actually in the process of trying a collab with XanKriegor making a huge Big RR map and trying to get people to speedrun it on Twitch, i've been obsessed with speedrunning stuff over last few weeks watching various games and definitely feel like speedrunning Big RR would be very cool in the speedrunning community.

The only problem is when people speedrun games, they kind of speedrun 1 game in a few categories, Worms Armageddon could have 1000000s of maps to speedrun and that would be silly, so i'm trying to work on a very special map that would take anywhere between 30-60 minutes to finish going at top tier skill speed, and hopefully people could make this a thing.

It might not work out, but I just feel like roping of some sort should be an official speedrunning thing people follow on Twitch, the technical skill and timing in top tier roping is as impressive to me as any speedrun for any game i've ever saw.

If I were to be bias because I love WA i'd say it's even more impressive than most speedrun games because 30-60 minutes of non-stop roping can really exhaust your hands especially if you tense up a lot for quick double taps etc, in other games i've saw you get a lot of little breaks for a few seconds here and there between cutscenes etc.

Anyway, would be nice to see happen, i'm personally going to invest a lot of time into this and i'm starting a new job soon so I should be able to invest money into this as well.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 09:10 PM »
gorilla roping man

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 06:01 PM »
@Komodo

The missions in Worms Armageddon are the internal foundation of the game, and is acknowledge by Team17 as such. Anything external is unofficial, even how technical impressive it is.  It is like making additional levels to Super Mario World, and call that part of the game, because it wouldn't. It would be labelled as a mod, a hack, created by the community. Then again, I can see some of the errors of my argument, anything external and internal can be seen as category to speedrun. Even so, homegrown maps & challenges can be abused, and needs to be acknowledged by the entire community through voting, not by a select few. Though;, these select few can be voted on as well, without bias of course. I doubt Team17 would come and say ''Yep, that is official''. Still, my point still stands, everything made by the community is external and unofficial. BUT THEN YOU COULD SAY, WA is a creative workstation, so everything made within it, is internal and part of the foundation of the game! :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 12:14 AM »
I disagree Kradie and i'll explain why.

While I don't disagree the missions are officially made by Team17, speedrunning is not dictated solely/purely by vanilla content, also while the majority of games follow standard routes of the game, there are plenty games out there that have alternative methods/mods/categories/routes for speedrunning.

Not to mention, the updates DC and CS have done are official updates are they not? They don't get paid, they volunteered, community players who decided to take the game to the next level and has been accepted and is now included as part of the game officially, for example if you buy WA on Steam currently you get 3.7.2.2, which comes with ability to use big maps.

When you take these official updates as part of the game, all the content included becomes official as well, so making a map designed specifically for speedrunning can still be considered official if it complies with the limitations of the game.

What makes a speedrunning community and speedrunning categories official? A collective of players with the same purpose from what i've seen, so if we managed to get 100 people competing on the same gigantic map for many years to come, constantly smashing the world record and competing, supporting each other via Twitch and having followers/subscribers, it could most definitely become a thing, and could be considered "official".

GDQ does showcase the most popular/impressive stuff, I could be wrong but I think if there were enough people competing and supporting this, the level of skill is at least equal to many speedrun games shown on GDQ.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 01:08 AM »
I disagree Kradie and i'll explain why.

While I don't disagree the missions are officially made by Team17, speedrunning is not dictated solely/purely by vanilla content, also while the majority of games follow standard routes of the game, there are plenty games out there that have alternative methods/mods/categories/routes for speedrunning.

Not to mention, the updates DC and CS have done are official updates are they not? They don't get paid, they volunteered, community players who decided to take the game to the next level and has been accepted and is now included as part of the game officially, for example if you buy WA on Steam currently you get 3.7.2.2, which comes with ability to use big maps.

When you take these official updates as part of the game, all the content included becomes official as well, so making a map designed specifically for speedrunning can still be considered official if it complies with the limitations of the game.

What makes a speedrunning community and speedrunning categories official? A collective of players with the same purpose from what i've seen, so if we managed to get 100 people competing on the same gigantic map for many years to come, constantly smashing the world record and competing, supporting each other via Twitch and having followers/subscribers, it could most definitely become a thing, and could be considered "official".

GDQ does showcase the most popular/impressive stuff, I could be wrong but I think if there were enough people competing and supporting this, the level of skill is at least equal to many speedrun games shown on GDQ.

Hmmm... Makes sense, I agree.

I rest my case. For now :)