Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:22 AM

Author Topic: Time is meaningless.  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Anubis

Time is meaningless.
« on: July 01, 2019, 02:57 PM »
Watch til the end to truly realize how insignificant anything, even the greatest technology/social advancement, is going to be. Real eye opening time-lapse. Death/Space is the only thing that will survive the universe, so cherish the day you die. :D

Offline philie

Re: Time is meaningless.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 08:40 PM »
really interesting, thanks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 09:20 PM »
Love stuff like this, thanks for the share! Will watch this in a bit :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 10:53 PM »
I think knowing stuff like this truly makes life easier. Just knowing this alone makes me feel at ease with a lot of stuff, in the end everything and everyone will be equal. Not even the scariest star explosion or black hole can stand the test of time, and after that not even time has any power. Time only has power if something exist, otherwise it's meaningless.

Also an amazing soundtrack as well.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:09 PM by Anubis »

Offline nino

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 01:36 AM »
at 2:02 some noob throws an armageddon.  :D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 11:30 AM »
Wow holy shit, thanks for the share Anubis.  A wonderful experience. The inevitable heat death of the universe.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 02:12 AM »
Very interesting video although most of it is speculation, scientific theory and guessing what will happen, that's what makes it so beautiful :)

They could be spot on with all this, or they couldn't be further from the truth if they tried.

Humans knew the world was flat, humans knew we were the centre of the universe, imagine what we'll know tomorrow.

I don't know about you guys, but this is my only true fear, not knowing what will happen after i'm gone, a few examples:

• Will the human race ever truly know peace among each other?
  • Will we ever make peace with animals and realize we aren't the superior intelligence we think we are?
  • Will we make contact with other living beings outside of our own planet?
  • Will we ever colonize another planet or live in great numbers in the vastness of space?
  • Will we survive long enough to flourish or will we destroy ourselves?
  • Will they ever make Half Life 3?

I would love to see everything that happens in the universe, and i'm sure i'm not alone there.

Was a great video, beautiful soundtrack, thanks for sharing! My cat started freaking out near the end, which made it all the more dramatic  ;D

Offline Anubis

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 09:35 AM »
Very interesting video although most of it is speculation, scientific theory and guessing what will happen, that's what makes it so beautiful :)

They could be spot on with all this, or they couldn't be further from the truth if they tried.

Humans knew the world was flat, humans knew we were the centre of the universe, imagine what we'll know tomorrow.

I don't know about you guys, but this is my only true fear, not knowing what will happen after i'm gone, a few examples:

• Will the human race ever truly know peace among each other?
  • Will we ever make peace with animals and realize we aren't the superior intelligence we think we are?
  • Will we make contact with other living beings outside of our own planet?
  • Will we ever colonize another planet or live in great numbers in the vastness of space?
  • Will we survive long enough to flourish or will we destroy ourselves?
  • Will they ever make Half Life 3?

I would love to see everything that happens in the universe, and i'm sure i'm not alone there.

Was a great video, beautiful soundtrack, thanks for sharing! My cat started freaking out near the end, which made it all the more dramatic  ;D

I am actually more worried about what was before everything. Now that we exist there is a clear path ahead and a logical future will one day be explained.. but.. what was the very first universe (or whatever else you wanna call it). What is the actual starting point. And what was, again, before that starting point. And even if we assume something exceptional like a "godly being" exists. What was before that? It's really weird to think about that, even the most powerful thing needs to have a starting point, and then, that starting point needs a starting point. It's a paradox to me how that happened. So yeah, imo the past is way more interesting to me than the end. The end can be explained. But can you explain the past?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:37 AM by Anubis »

Online Sensei

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 10:42 AM »
I think you guys are capable of finding ultimate answer, in few more posts.

Offline SiD

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 11:57 AM »
But can you explain the past?

A lot of that vid used narration by a guy called Professor Brian Cox.
He recently presented a mini TV series called "The Planets" (BBC) in which he explains some of the theories concerning the history of our solar system.
I highly recommend it.

Offline nino

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 12:11 PM »
Bad Religion made a music about this years ago

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 12:42 PM »
I am actually more worried about what was before everything. Now that we exist there is a clear path ahead and a logical future will one day be explained..

Oh, yeah of course, I thought we were just talking about the future here.

I mean, you say "will one day be explained" with a lot of confidence there lol, i'd prefer to say we can potentially one day explain it  :P

even if we assume something exceptional like a "godly being" exists. What was before that? It's really weird to think about that, even the most powerful thing needs to have a starting point, and then, that starting point needs a starting point.

This is the exact thinking that led to me believing that god doesn't exist in the 1st place, at least not in the way all religions believe in god. I remember being sent to Sunday school and asking the teacher what made god, and when they couldn't answer I remember thinking, "Well what made god, and what made the thing that made god, and what made the thing that made the thing that made god..." It wasn't long after before I theorized that religion is a man made invention used primary as a means of mass control/persuasion/manipulation, and has helped immensely to shape the world the way it is presently, anyway, won't go further into that side for obvious reasons.

I fear the future, when speaking as a human being who wants to know what happens to the human race, because for me it's mostly missing out on films, games, inventions and other things, actually in my life in the past i've became so attached to something that's "coming out soon", that i've changed my lifestyle in an attempt to further secure my existence to make sure I get to experience that.

I don't worry too much about the past as a human because there isn't that much that interests me there, but, the wonders of the universe and existence itself, that's a totally different game and I believe that the beginning and the end are equally mysterious and impossible to predict, of course, further evidence/knowledge could change my opinion on all of this  :P

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 01:30 PM »
What if I told you that we are in the past, that the future lies behind us, and that there is no such thing as present? Because we're moving towards that what makes the future, for us to leave it behind in order to make again. Aka, temporal causality loop.

But honestly, I think everything is infinite, and that there's no definite God.  If you add the multiverse theory into the equation, than the speed of infinity is eternal, and that there's no end to anything. All living things makes choices regardless of state of mind, each choice is made in unmeasurable numbers in unmeasurable time (below nanoseconds and beyond), and therefore creates the infinite numbers of universes. These universes can be so precise and accurate without us knowing it, and can cause a butterfly effect.
 If we are to die here in this universe, our mind will instantaneously transition into the next universe without us knowing it. The concept of dreams, premonition, Déjà vu and the Mandela effect might be more prominent.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 06:29 PM »
time is just a f@#!ing loop.

Offline Aladdin

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 03:33 PM »
We live in a kind of "MATRIX" we're stuck in it without knowing, where reality is non-existent.